TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:37 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:53 pm 

Hi folks.
Yeah it has been a while. I have been driving my little car all over. Well I had to put in another clutch. The job is almost done but I have taken so much time in doing it I have forgotten some things. the big one right now is some wiring that I have forgotten where it goes. there is two eyelets with about 6 wires attatched that I cannot figure out. It looks like they go over to the alternater. I just cannot tell. No worries. I will get it.
Yes it is still a woodie. Lots of people know the car. They kinda laugh but they all have said it's kinda cool. Not the greatest but kinda cool.
I am kinda thinking about some other changes now. (no not loosing the wood trim.) I need change the wheel covers. I managed to break one over the winter when I changed the axles. Haven't decided what type I wanna go to. I want to tint the windows. I am thinking of lowering it about an inch or two. Last but not least I am thinking of a type of cheap a/c type system. I am thinking of a medieum Ice chest with a fan blowing down into it. two outlet holes on either side with air hoses going up over the rear windows. Blowing twards the front of the car. Put ice in the icechest for something to cool things down. TaDa. instant a/c. Renewable at about any store. Not the best but better than what have now.

Anyway thats what has been whats going on with my poor little car. I guess I shoulda paid better attention so I coulda went to one of the gatherings. My loss.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:34 pm 

Those would be harness grounds, they bolt to the intake manifold depending on the year. If it is an early vacuum advance car the go under the throttle cable side of the intake. If it a later car they bolt the back side on two separate 6 mm bolts. Hope this helps.

I sold this car to a friend at work. I now have a Saturn L which is an Opel Vectra B.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:43 am 

Yup it's goona help alot. Thank you. That will make the tuffest part of this alot easyer. Now to get a can of ambition and a little cooler weather and I'll be set. Well at least I am not contending with a hurricane. Sorry for those who are.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:06 am 
Suzuki Elder

danielmartin178 - another robospam troll. :roll:

DO NOT INADVERTENTLY CLICK ON HIS ACTIVE LINKS!!!!!!!!!

bounce this clown outta' here! :evil:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:12 pm 

t3, I gotta ask. why would you post that on my thread? I understand a warning but on mine in particular? I don't believe I was trolling for anything. I had a question and it got answered. I was updating what had been going on for sometime with my car.
Is there something I missed?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:16 pm 

I deleted a spammer before you saw it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:07 am 

Ahhh. Ok thanks. I was a bit worried there. Couldn't see what I had done.
Now back to the regulerly scheduled program.
Sorry to admit this but nothing has happend to my car since the original post on this thread. It has just been to hot for me to work on it after I get done with my work day. I haven't felt like doing anything once I get home. Maybe tommorrow, supposed to be cooler out for the next few days. The sad thing is there is nothing difficult left to do. It's all the little piddley crap that will drive ya nuts if you let it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:35 am 

Well I got a bit more done tonight on my poor little buggy. About all that is left is to find the bolt that holds the lower water hose to the trans, hook up the two ground wires that I haven't found a home for. Hook up the crank senser. clean the oil filter mount and screw on the new oil filter. put in oil and water. put on the air filter assy. Hook up the battery, give the poor thing a bath and it should go. I think.
Nice to see some kinda light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope it is the light I am looking for and not the one to the "other" side when someone passes on.LOL
Oh yeah and I GOTTA get the darn radio put back in it. I think that is what made the clutch go bad in the first place.(frustrations because of no tunes.)
Well there it is in a nutshell at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:23 pm 

Well I did get just a little done tonight. Lower pully is on and new oil in the motor and new filter is on. Now to find a place to mount those ground wires and pull the crank position senser and solder the wires back on put in water and charge the battery. Oh and put that dang radio back in. I think that about covers it.
Then in my spare time I need to dye my new mudflaps and get them installed. Still trying to decide if I wanna put some new wheel covers for it ( I broke one during the last cold snap ) Or if I wanna paint the wheels and new lug nuts. I am leaning into wheel covers.
Well thats it for tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:03 am 

wow, 2011 the last time I posted. That is sad. A lot has happened since that last post. I did get the little beast running, this past January. Been driving it off and on since. More off than on. Now I don't have much choice since my van has started leaking fuel somewhere up on top of the gas tank and I just don't feel like dropping the tank right now.
Been slowly getting my little car to run better. Gas mileage seems a bit off. Went about 60 miles today on a 1/4 of a tank. Yeah it might be alright.
battling a check engine light. comes on at start up, if I clear the code it is fine the rest of the time as long as I don't shut it off.
It is running a little rich. Black soot in the tail pipe.
Need to remove the old wood grain siding that we put on. It really looks bad now. (faded and has turned green in places.)
I am bothered by that light.
She sat for so long that the head liner has fallen down. I also should take a bunch of the junk out of the poor thing. (might lighten it up and will def give me more room.)
I did give her a bath today. Honestly thought about applying some wax to her. (I have never done that since I got her.)
got to do something since I sold all my toys a month or so ago. Yep no more Trans Am. Guess for the time being the Geo will be my project. I have some little stuff I still want to do. (my new mud flaps and get my stereo back in it.) Gotta repaint my bumpers and get some new hub caps yet. Then we shall see what is what. Would not mind going to a gathering sometime. Just to see.