TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:32 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Slowing down
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:52 am 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

You can really tell that the community is really dwindling nowadays. We have over 16,000 members, but only a few of us post. I was absent for quite a while myself! Who would have thought, almost 13 years after I found you guys here, while living in a tiny apartment, with a Geo Metro engine on my kitchen table, I'd still be here talking with you guys. I still have my t-shirts from the group buys! But, they're getting pretty sad looking :(. I hope the community sticks around! All the knowledge shared on here over the years would be a tragic loss!

And on that note, did anyone ever figure out what happened with all of the pictures?? Are they still on the webserver?

Post subject: Re: Slowing down
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:03 pm 
Suzuki Elder

it has been a long time. you built that black vert so many years ago. :wink:

i really don't think that anyone has attended to the server in a long time and the owner is rarely logged on these days.

lots of members have outgrown the swift thing and have moved on.

i'm still here. the spammers haven't given up, either. :-P

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:48 pm 

I just cannot believe what you just posted! I was literally PMing a senior member here about things slowing down just a few minutes ago!! :shock:

1991-GTi: JE 75mm 11:1 pistons,Ported head, Single UD pulley (OCC),Sandros chip,Aluminium flywheel,3tech 222/365 cams, Cultus headers,Cultus IM,50mm tb,Crane cams adjustable cam gears,Apex suspension, 4.39fd GB.
1989-GTi: 3Tech 210/340 Cams,Cultus IM, B&G springs, TD04L turbo, Apexi SAFC, Suzukird UD pulley, Circuitse7en dual boost controller, AEM wideband, AEM water / meth injection kit, HKS bov.
2001-Altezza AS200: Stock.-sold
2003-EVO7 GT-A
Aruba "one happy island".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:44 pm 

I've been here for about 10 years and yep i can definitely see the slowdown in the last couple years
Even here in south ontario we haven't had a meet in a long time, we used to one one atleast once every few months

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:51 am 
@ssclown

I thought this post was going to be about not speeding, with a few pictures of what can happen to you if things go wrong while you're speeding, like the pics and videos on bestgore or crazyshit.

I hope this sight keeps on keepin' on because the price of gas isn't going down so I want to get my Sprints, Forsas, Fireflies, Swifts and metros going again. Why would I want to drive a bloated, heavyweight, super complex, super expensive hybrid when a good running '87 Sprint gets comparable mileage and can be parked in a spot half the size? I feel so crammed in in those claustrophobic Toyota Prius cabs that I just can't wait to get out of them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 am 

instant_shine wrote:
I just cannot believe what you just posted! I was literally PMing a senior member here about things slowing down just a few minutes ago!! :shock:

Are you calling me a senior? :lol:

Given that the GT hasn't been sold here in 20 years, the community stayed pretty active a long time after the cars were no longer available. It's too bad interest in the later cars never took off.

Teamswift is still the go-to place for tech info, though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:33 am 

Maybe all teamswift needs is a good joke to get everyone going:

Two old men decide they are close to their last days and decide to have a last night on the town. After a few drinks, they end up at the local brothel. The madam takes one look at the two old geezers and whispers to her manager, "Go up to the first two bedrooms and put an inflatable doll in each bed. These two are so old and drunk, I'm not wasting two of my girls on them. They won't know the difference."The manager does as he is told and the two old men go upstairs and take care of their business. As they are walking home the first man says, "You know, I think my girl was dead!""Dead?" says his friend, "Why do you say that?""Well, she never moved or made a sound all the time I was loving her." His friend says, "Could be worse. I think mine was a witch.""A witch? Why the hell would you say that?""Well, I was making love to her, kissing her on the neck, and I gave her a little bite, then she farted and flew out the window and took my teeth with her!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:58 am 

I always wished I'd discovered the community sooner, I'd fixed up hundreds of them before I even got here. I have ventured away lately, finally put together the turbo gt swap car, then had a baby and my business took off, totally halting progress on that car, as well as time to drive it and enjoy it. Saving grace is that I have space to store it, and they are worth so little that I'll keep it forever.
I think this site has done well to hang in there this long, and glad to see just enough people are still around to answer tech questions when they pop up.
There is still a following around these parts, but zero market for them when I sell one. Lately I've been fixing up mostly convertibles that people are very loyal to and willing to pay the price to maintain. I find if people can make it past the 200k engine rebuild part, they never regret keeping the cars, but today's society pushes harder to throw things away than repair them unfortunately. There still is absolutely no replacement for the verts as far as fun, reliability, cargo space and fuel mileage. I think that's what has kept people loyal to them specifically.

1967 Mustang 428 auto, never ending expensive project
1993 Civic si h22a, fell in my lap, couldn't resist!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:16 pm 
Island Inbreeder

well i have not been here 10 years
have notice a lot of slop in the site IE lost link,pictures ....... well just flusterating
if the owners are not around
Why would people contribute to a site that is so mismanaged .?
I wouldn't
Google a link bring you to this site only to have broken links....NEXT ....SUCKS peroid.!

....JV&S
from days of yor

[URL=http://s62.photobucket.com
[ur

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:46 pm 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

Nice tits JV&S! 8) haha

I still miss the old black vert! Too bad my ex destroyed it! Some guy years back picked it up, to make an extended vert out of 2 verts. I never heard from him again though. I wonder if he ever finished it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:45 pm 
King of Pompous

Yes times they are a changing but like Mike said, for a car that hasn't been sold here for 20 years, it's still pretty impressive that we have the group we do. I miss my old GT and GTi's and remember them as some of the most fun cars I've owned. Sure my 300ZX would obliterate them in the 1/4 and out handle them on any road but it doesn't have the fun factor that the little Swifts do. My TS shirts are long gone from years of wearing them but there's still a TS sticker to be found on a couple of tool boxes and when somebody asks what it is I have a lot of good stories to share. I started on the EZ boards back in 99 before Kyle switched the forum over to what we have now which makes me one of the oldest members (if not the oldest) still active here and I have no plans on leaving any time soon :lol:

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:27 pm 

I remember the EZ board days :lol:

Look at the join dates of the people posting in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:25 pm 
Island Inbreeder

so it will be Eman that get the nod in the end to turn the light out on ye "Ol teamswift.net" site
A nissan guy Really.?..... ok i Geuss thats better Then the vette guy pulling the plug
were is the Tommy.? Who going to cert this thread.?

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:52 pm 
Suzuki Elder

don't worry scottie. i'll be here until the end. :wink:

i've retired many of my favorite cars when the parts ran out for them and sometimes longer.

my plan is to be the last old fart in the world driving one of these buggies. :blackeye:

i got the bug in the spring of 2003 and was running alone in the world until i got the bright idea that a turbocharged 3 banger was the thing i needed. i was all over ebay looking for metro parts when i found a listing on ebay for a turbo3 head. the seller, jardamuth, was really cool and invited me to join teamswift as we completed our ebay transaction. i lurked for a long while until i finally joined in december 2003.

i was the newbie. teamswift guys did not really care for metros or at all for a convertible. still, i had questions. i developed a thick skin (internet type) because the boys here played rough. :-P

hell, i've had to put up with that friggin' suprf1y guy for 11 years. =)

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:30 pm 
@ssclown

Another reason for the accelerated slowdown in the last two years is probably the closure of all north American Suzuki dealerships. when my first Suzuki, the 87 carbed forsa needed that spacer between the front wheel ball bearings I just went to the nearby Suzuki dealership, ordered the spacers, then picked them up 4 days later for about 6 bucks a pair. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of carbed Mk1s needing those spacers and I have no idea where to get them. With that first Suzuki I got ant part I ever needed brand new from the dealer within 4 days. not any more.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:00 am 

Im always here lurking for some parts :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:51 pm 
A legend in his own mind

I don't give a shit about all the nostalgia (that was a cold, want-it-to-sound-like-a-hard-ass, lie)

I wanna know whose rack that is.

If that's you finally coming out of the closet, and it's discovered that it's you in front of a mirror, with grandma's bra filled with softballs, taking a selfie,
I still want to know.

LNLC Founding Member

Certified to advise if this thread is GAY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:35 pm 

i'm still here. the spammers haven't given up, either. :-P LoL. That one is good Richard.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:11 am 

TGstring wrote:
I don't give a shit about all the nostalgia (that was a cold, want-it-to-sound-like-a-hard-ass, lie)

If that's you finally coming out of the closet, and it's discovered that it's you in front of a mirror, with grandma's bra filled with softballs, taking a selfie,
I still want to know.

This thread is now about tits. Real or not

too many others to list

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:46 pm 

Quote:

Jv&s..
After 2 years an unanswered question. Inquiring minds want to know!

=)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:07 pm 
Island Inbreeder

suzukitom wrote:
Quote:

Jv&s..
After 2 years an unanswered question. Inquiring minds want to know!

=)

..REALLY.?
Murr's gal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:59 pm 

Wow. That throttle body is in great shape (too). :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:03 pm 
Suzuki Elder

what throttle body? =)

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:54 pm 

I don't care what she's holding.................