TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:54 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 4 door red got whacked
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:49 pm 

I can't belive it, yesterday green traffic light changes to red, my lane stops fine.
The driver on my left looks up( distracted driver) slams on the anchors as he sees stopped traffic in front of him relised he ain't gunna stop and changes lanes into non moving traffic..Well me in four for red( I have 3 sprints ,2 door red,4 door blue and 4 door red, my fave all manual).
The end result my mrs and miss jr get glass every where, bye bye drivers door bye bye drivers window.the wife got hit in the face by the side mirror, she totally fine.
The other guy admitted liability in the spot...after phoning the insurance company..I know there going to write the car off..and probably going to give me $800-$1000 if I'm lucky..damit.

Sorry to rant, but if you guys don't get it who does?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:56 pm 

It only matters You and everybody else is fine... as for the car its a shame, if my swift has to go, at least let ME crash it and not some distracted driver.
(but if its only the doors, couldnt it be fixed)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:46 pm 

Is the structure around the damaged components still ok? if still straight, Could you hang a new door (Look for one in color on Car-part. Com) or other component after buying it back. (FYI with scrap prices down so low, you might counter they're offer with "OK I will accept your price, But I keep the car" Just sayin. PM me if I can be any help. I have a body shop and would be happy to "Coach" you on How to handle the opposition Insurence company. Good Luck, Jonathan

1991 Vert (red) 129k 5sp,AC, Resto-Mod, 75% Done.(Clean SW car)
1993 GT(Teal) 103k 5sp,AC,w/PW (Resto-Mod,60% done.)(Clean SW car)
1994 Swift GS 4Dr sedan (Painted 2005 Ford Kona Blue) 95k 1.3 SOHC 5sp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:36 pm 
Island Inbreeder

wow that sux really.!
I kinda know what your going through
I also got blindsided Today.......
No not by a car
The Wife
I went to go get into my $400 88 sprint.
The wife follows me out to my car (probably to make sure I go to work)
I get in my 88 sprint
Right there she says to me as we say our goodbys

" This car looks flimsy compared to the white car" (89SSGTi)
BAM..... out of nowhere
I was stunned a little...... it hurt she know I prefer the sprint over all other.....WTF
I turn to her and said Maybe........ in this car I can speed and no one give me a second glance.

the white car looks like it speeding even when its parked
When I drive the white car everyone wags there finger at me

......and then I did the 3 cylinder salute dropping the clutch and peel out of the drive spraying her shiny Nissan with gravel
"Eat my rubber and burn my dust"....bish
..........jv&s

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:22 am 

Thankyou very much for your comments..
The door opens and closes now..it didn't initially.
The door sill is perfect, the door post is completely untouched..the only damaged parts are the door, window, side mirror and front fender. The alignment is still good. I took it up to 120 braked hard, no pull left or right.
Right now I'm going to see what the insurance company says on Tuesday.
But can anyone give me a ball park for a complete door and drivers fender.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:39 am 

Ok I found a door for $195 in Victoria..ok food for thought..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:54 am 

Hi everyone, so the insurance got back to me.
Basicly there going to give me $1450 for the car, I get to keep my stereo and speakers( nices ones and they fit the stock holes) and I'm switching the seats with my other identicle car.
So that actully seems quite reasonable to me...shame the clutch was only done like 20 thousand clicks ago..oh well, but at least 4 door blue gets new sound and new seats. And the four worst tires will be carrying old red away.

Funny what I'm going to miss the most is reds factory tachometer and her 5 switch wipers with the intermittent button.
Thanks for all the help, Roy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:21 am 

Ask them what the buyout price is
Might be worth it

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:28 am 

Ok will do..but they weren't very keen to give me the stereo..and I'm just swapping the seats before pick up. I wish I swapped the gauges before it went to the insurance and they took pictures.

For now Im Just going to put a new timing belt on four door blue and use that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:50 pm 

rocketroy wrote:
Ok will do..but they weren't very keen to give me the stereo..and I'm just swapping the seats before pick up. I wish I swapped the gauges before it went to the insurance and they took pictures.

For now Im Just going to put a new timing belt on four door blue and use that.

If you ever get around Minot, ND. and still need parts. PM me. I got an '88 (silver) 4 dr sitting in the garage unused/undriveable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:58 am 

Hey thanks for the offer, il keep that in mind...thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:28 am 

Sorry it's taken me so,ong to get back here.
Firstly I let the insurance company have the car but I told them they could not take it then and there as I needed it while I found a new one.
So they gave me a week.in the time I took four door red home parked it next to four door blue and preceded to spend the week swapping everything that I could between the two ..seats carpet seat belts dash cluster etc etc etc
Then I let them have four door red..the only good parts they got were a 310 thou click engine with a good Tranny and a brand new clutch and I got 1500 bucks.
But now I. Have no loaner car when we have visitors, but Wel cross that bridge when we come to it.