TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:20 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:59 am 
Island Inbreeder

JDM 1987 Suzuki Alto Works RS-X
550cc 3 cylinder twin cam 12 valves turbo 60hp to the front wheels
This 1987 Suzuki Alto Works RS-X is believed to be the only example in the USA, the seller explaining that it’s in excellent mechanical condition. A Japanese market only Kei class city car, these Works RS-X models were distinguished by a number of special design details and utilized a 550cc, twin cam, turbocharged 3-cylinder engine featuring 4 valves per cylinder and putting out close to 60 horsepower through the front wheels. Capable of nearly 10k RPM and shifted through a 5-speed transmission, they are known for their sharp handling. Sorted with functional A/C and new tires, the car was legally imported from Japan and is sold with a clear Michigan title.

1987 Suzuki Alto Works RS-X Rear

The car presents well with all factory graphics and original wheels. Closer inspection reveals some small paint blemishes as swell as a slightly discolored front fender. What’s described as minor surface rust is visible on top of the hatch, and factory-applied decals are beginning to show their age but are perfect for a driver. The seller has a line on accurately replicated replacements should the new owner be interested. We like the stock alloy wheels, bodykit, and unique rear spoiler. Though the passenger side mirror housing is cracked, a set of replacements are included, and pictured Japanese yellow Kei plates are not included but are available separately.

1987 Suzuki Alto Works RS-X Interior

The interior remains all stock apart from a period aftermarket boost gauge affixed to the instrument binnacle. The original Japanese FM band cassette deck does work, and the OEM pink-accented seats are correct. All gauges, lights and switches work, though the standard four spoke steering wheel’s horn button is overly sensitive and has been disconnected–an aftermarket item can be installed on request. Check out 12k RPM tach and auxiliary gauge cluster behind the shifter.

1987 Suzuki Alto Works RS-X Seats

The asymmetric front seats remain in good condition with no tears or rips, and folding rear jump seats do not have seatbelts – perhaps due to Kei car law that only allowed some cars to be registered as a two seaters. Original equipment floor mats are included in the sale, and the headliner remains in good condition.

1987 Suzuki Alto Works RS-X Underneath

Several other underbody shots are included, and the seller believes that the condition of floors and suspension components hint that the car has probably never seen a salty winter road.

1987 Suzuki Alto Works RS-X Engine

The little three-cylinder is said to start and run very well, benefiting from a recent tune-up and inspection which found the timing belt and water pump to be in good shape. A spare timing belt and water pump are also included in the sale. Spark plugs and wires are also new. Described as rev happy with excellent, eager handling the seller likens it to a turbocharged go-kart, adding that it feels much quicker than its modest engine would suggest. We have never seen another one stateside.
BaT Essentials
Lot #277
VIN: CA72V144490
158,660 kilometers (~98k miles)
High-revving turbo 3-cylinder engine
Fully functional electrics
Working A/C
Largely original
Sold with a clear Michigan title
Private Party or Dealer: Private Party

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:47 pm 

Nice car Scott , It is only bid up to $ 3700. .
Are you going to bid on it ?

See The MR. SUZUKI Convertible here >>>> viewtopic.php?f=36&t=24728
or here >>>> http://geometroforum.com/topic/5577648/1/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:16 pm 

Man , Im definitely thinking about it for that kind of money. . I doubt he would let it go for that much :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:05 pm 

That looks really nice..............

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:54 pm 

Oh wow awesome the engines looks pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:54 am 

The price doubled from $4000.oo to $8000.oo on the day of the auction and it still didn't make it's reserve price.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:31 am 
Island Inbreeder

METRO-MIKE wrote:
The price doubled from $4000.oo to $8000.oo on the day of the auction and it still didn't make it's reserve price.

I wonder if 10 large would have got it done ?
The big dog was probably hunting it down
They like their JDM's
I was in Portlandia for the meet and was taken back by the "Project car market"
Prices were nuts it was a sellers market
This Alto RS
Cool factor 9
practicality 3
I think its might be a one of one in this country.
For a Suzuki enthusiast if looking at that car does not stir something in side you
then you probably don't get it.!

Now I'm going out to the garage and hug a spare T3...or two and later on my way to work I'll will push a Twin cam above 6 G's
just because I can

Driving car's from the 80's while sporting a Skullet because that's who I m........jv&s

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:43 am 

We're running out of g10 parts in the Bay Area. Can you imagine chasing 550 parts when something wears out?

F/S 89 Swift GTi body only
F/S 92 Tracker 2 dr rwd stock
93 Sidekick 4 dr 1.9 vw TD, WVO conversion, 6" lift over 33's

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:21 pm 
Suzuki Elder

meh, parts for the .6 liter turbo are available from japan as long as you don't mind a green glow from the engine bay. :-P

that .6 turbo3 12 valve engine is the same one they put in the kei trucks. there are 2 guys each within an hours drive from me that import those kei trucks, 5 in a shipping container at a time.

you can buy a whole 4 wheel drive truck with that engine and air conditioning for $4500. you also can't license them for public use here so people use them as farm buggies and hunting buggies.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:23 pm 

87octane wrote:
We're running out of g10 parts in the Bay Area. Can you imagine chasing 550 parts when something wears out?

:lol: :lol: If you spent 10K on it I don't think you would have to worry about wearing out parts. Don't think anyone with car like that is lunatic enough to use it as a daily driver. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:01 pm 

my friends kid imported a alto like that one, but in WAY rougher shape.....he has a hard time finding parts for it....last I heard it needed axles and lower control arms....

3 tech turbo grind cam
3 tech cylinder head/w/port,polish,blend,oversized s/s valves
gti brake swap
89 white gti twincam....need I say more?
92 metro aka ''blue lump of coal''
92 white metro lsi vert
91 blue chevy sprint (gas sipper)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:29 pm 
Island Inbreeder

this is proof Suzuki co. hated us....Why?
I wood drive the heck out of this

t3 ragtop wrote:
suprf1y wrote:
jrjd wrote: