TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:15 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Honda cylinder head
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:37 pm 

Hi members :)

Any one ever thought of fitting a Honda cylinder head to a Suzuki block?

Like fitting D16Z6 head to G16B block?

Post subject: Re: Honda cylinder head
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:56 pm 

I'm sure there would be a lot of complications doing that, far more than it would be worth. At that point, if you wanted Honda power it would be better to just spend the time to install a Honda eng/trans, it has been done before. Many folks cringe at the idea, but it is one way to still have the uniqueness of a swift with significantly higher n/a power with a stock type Oem eng/trans. I think turbo g13b is the way to go before switching to Honda parts or power train.

1967 Mustang 428 auto, never ending expensive project
1993 Civic si h22a, fell in my lap, couldn't resist!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:01 pm 

I was thinking the same thing only with one of these heads.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-YAMAHA-RX1 ... 33&vxp=mtr

Ken..............

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:40 pm 

Is a Honda head better than the Suzuki twin cam?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:33 pm 

Suzuki head is equal , It does a great job for the only 1.3 litters. Plus we have 3 tech to improve on it but maybe he can tell us where Suzuki has a advantage. The engine its self is a high performance out of the box for its class.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:29 am 

91 ragtop wrote:
I was thinking the same thing only with one of these heads.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-YAMAHA-RX1 ... 33&vxp=mtr

Ken..............

Hey cool, we are actually on the same page... Already got the piston specs like CH :p So that I can search for a rod.
Next will be to get a used head gasket so that I can see what machining/engineering needs to be done.

Yes doing these things are a lot of work but some people will go far to go the extra mile and want to be unique :lol:

I do come from fitting BMW K series head to A series mini block so these thing excite me :D
Not related but its cool
http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=61554&viewmode=compact&order=DESC&type=&mode=0&start=0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:08 pm 
Make love, not moderators

Honestly, this would only be a dream for anyone here.. There are so many variables and measurements that would have to come into alignment for this to be even remotely possible..

Your BEST bet for doing anything, would be a 3D printer.. 3D print a mold for a new head with whatever changes you want and then get a new head cast.. I have tossed around the idea myself but I wouldn't have the faintest idea on where to improve the cylinder head we have and make the gains worth while. But please don't let my pessimism stop the discussion.. It makes for an interesting read and who knows what could come out of it.. About the only thing I can think of is to change the intake port layout to accomodate maybe a Honda intake.

What I DREAM of 3D printing AND casting, is the holy grail. The one thing so many people come on here and ask about time and time again, and that is the GSXR/Hayabusa engine.. I would love to get my hands on one, ditch the existing crankcase and produce a new lower crankcase that would bolt to a J series trans (much stronger) all the while keeping the rest of the engine.. And for those wondering, the head and cylinders are seperate from the crankcase on a Hayabusa.. A custom crank would probably have to be made or the existing modified naturally, but think of the revs and how it would sound...

Google V8 Hayabusa, plenty of vid's on Youtube aswell where people do exactly what I talked about, keep the cylinders and heads and make a new lower crankcase, and in this case make it a V8..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:47 pm 

Suzuki could of done this a long time ago. Hayabusa is still in the same ball court, because it's Suzuki. G13b could of been right behind the Suzuki Hayabusa engine. But I"m afraid that the swift would of never gained the popularity it has got in the last 20+ years. simple fact. The Swift was a economic sport Hatch back for ALL market's. (world wide!).... So making a 1.3 with a extra 50 or 80 hp would raised the price dramatically. So they stuck with all markets. So if you lived in a 3rd world country and you worked! You could afford a Swift Gti. And stay competitive with more expensive hot hatch's of its day. I know that the Suzuki Dealer would give you a discount on your Swift GTi; If you registered it for circuit racing off the lot; and give propaganda to Suzuki. This was the case in some country's of Latin America,( If you think about it), the G13b is still used for competition after so many years. Why?.... Because it works good for it's class.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:47 pm 

:D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by RP91gt on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:46 pm 

It is not that far fetched 8) :mrgreen:
Just get a gasket of the head you want to fit and start to play :P