TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:22 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:48 pm 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

Yes it is now confirmed and booked, my wife and I are going to visit the US of A (West Coast at this stage) next year in April. Due to being able to get a ridiculously cheap airfare (Brisbane to San Francisco - via Sydney rtn) for AU$999.00 - so around US$700.00.

Our itinerary is not yet fully in place, but we are coming into San Francisco on the 11th staying a few days, then down to Arizona, again a couple of day, back to Los Angeles/Anaheim for around a week out to Las Vegas for a few days and then back to San Fransisco most likely via Los Angeles.

It would be good to have the chance to meet up with a few of the members if possible during this time if we can organise it.

Sorry I can't afford to bring a whole car over with me ....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:13 am 

Well then, lets organize a little Arizona meet then . Would love to meet fellow Mk1 enthusiast :D

BTW every stop you mentioned has a TS member less then 50 miles from the airport , they will all be at TS SoCal Meet viewtopic.php?f=23&t=54827 in few weeks , too bad you are not coming up here beginning of December

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:12 pm 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

DTM GTi wrote:
Well then, lets organize a little Arizona meet then . Would love to meet fellow Mk1 enthusiast :D

BTW every stop you mentioned has a TS member less then 50 miles from the airport , they will all be at TS SoCal Meet viewtopic.php?f=23&t=54827 in few weeks , too bad you are not coming up here beginning of December

It is a shame that we cannot come next month and meet up with everyone at the SoCal event, but looking forward to catching up with those that we can in April.

Always good to meet other enthusiasts when you can

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:53 pm 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

OK the USA trip is confirmed and these are our dates

Well some of the dates (some places we are visiting family etc)

Arrive April 11 in San Francisco ... until 14th

April 15/17 New Orleans

April 18/21 LA (well Anaheim for Disneyland etc)

April 21 start of road trip (rented a Jeep)- will be catching up with Phil (woohoo)

April 22/23 Phoenix (well Gilbert) AZ

Then road trip continues up through to Grand Canyon (via ... standing on a corner - take it easy) and then to Las Vegas (25/27) back around the West Coast 28 - 31 April (no confirmations on locations as we will be winging it on those days)

Return to San Francisco (back to downunder) 1 May ..

So if anyone wants to catch up let me know and we can work around availablity ... Would be great to have a chance to catch up

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:33 pm 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

I have been in the USA now for over a week and a half and seen a few Swifts .. and a number of GT/GTis ..

Enjoying our time here ..

seen San Francisco ..

went across to New Orleans - cold wet and windy ... then the storms hit on way back through Fort Worth on Sunday. Airlines lost my wife's bags

Now in LA and did Disneyland .. heading east towards Arizona for the weekend.

Got to actually photo one in SF

Attachments:
IMG_2082 3.jpg
IMG_2082 3.jpg [ 113.42 KIB | Viewed 1115 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:08 am 
A legend in his own mind

San Fran, eh?
did you like it there?

=)

I heard suprf1y was there. he frequents there a lot.

LNLC Founding Member

Certified to advise if this thread is GAY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:13 am 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

TGstring wrote:
San Fran, eh?
did you like it there?

=)

hahaha

It was great as a tourist. plenty to see and do for us. The weather was awesome.
We also did a self driving tour in a VW Beetle convertible for a day ... that was fun http://thebugsterexperience.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:29 am 

TGstring wrote:
San Fran, eh?

HA!! I was in Panama. There was a convention.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:15 am 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

Two days ago I got to catch up with one of the old Teamswift crew (and his lovely wife) near Palm Springs .. he is awesome and his hospitality was above and beyond my expectations .. Thank you

Tonite I have been in Phoenix Arizona and the Teamswift crew here have been amazing .. I even got to drive a T3 .. and I am a believer!!! Buzzing around unknown roadways in the middle of the USA .. wooohoo!!

We have the Mk1 TwinCam but you guys with the T3 .. well I wasnt expecting the power and the performance ...

Tomorrow I leave for Grand Canyon and then move on to Vegas

I have to truly thank all the Teamswift members that I have met for the hospitality and showing me a great time ..

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:54 pm 

It was good to meet you and hang out for a bit . I knew you would like checking out T3 as you are Mk1 fan as I am . It was nice get together of Suzuki fans in my back yard . I was little busy and completely forgot to pull the camera out and snap few pics . Fortunately we had a member scratchpaddy here who is a pro with the camera . Here is a link to his GMF post with all the pics he took

http://geometroforum.com/topic/6020324/1/

Hope rest of your trip went well and you are planning a return trip already . :D

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:43 pm 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

Great write up from scratchpaddy ... still have a smile on the dial ..

Well the break is over and back downunder, may have to find a way of getting a Mk1 T3 powerplant/drive and associated stuff to Australia to build my own Aussie version to show them all down here how good these are ...