TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

What's would you like to have the most?
T3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
T3 modded 33%  33%  [ 8 ]
GTi G13B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
GTi G13B modded 50%  50%  [ 12 ]
4-valve MKIII G13BB 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4-valve MKIII G13BB w/AC 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
4-valve MKIII G13BB modded 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
G10 w/AC 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
G10 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 24
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:59 pm 

I'd have have to pick the GTi. 1300cc, DOHC, and 100hp is hard to pass up.

But the T3 has more torque. But then what happens if you start turning up the boost...

I'm throwing the MKIII 4-valve in there too for "late model" and probably for those that would like the car loaded with AC.

I'm going to include modded classes for each, but choose modded only if you would (or did) do the mods. Yes, I'd like to have one of Monster's old Pikes Peak cars, but for me, that wouldn't be a "legal" modded vote.

And a couple choices for economy.

Choose what you've liked the most or what you'd like to have the most - your choice, but only 1 vote.

Last edited by Nofur Trunions on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:17 pm 

I've owned them all and voted T3 modded.

The Mk1 T3 does everything well, and IMO is a superior chassis to the Mk2, while the later ones are improved, but just too heavy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:47 pm 

I once had a stock T3 as a DD and liked the torque and light weight, but like my 4 valve G13BB with A/C more for overall comfort and driveability.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:33 am 

I vote T3 with AC modded like my red one. I smile every time I look at it even after 16 years of owning it. But in reality I want every model with AC and choice mods . Still looking for white '00-'01 G13BB with 5 speed so I can drop Esteem 1.6 top end on it I've been storing for past 4 years =)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:03 am 

Didn't expect the AC interest (!) but hey, it interests me! If I found a nice 5/3 w/AC, I'd really be tempted. But I ran out of space one car ago and living on SS doesn't help either. (Need to sell some stuff...)

I tried to add AC versions to the POLL, but that resulted in 12 options where 10 is max. Luckily it didn't take because after I tried that, if it would have accepted it, all the votes would have been reset to zero.

Was AC available with the MKI Turbo Sprint? Wow, imagine finding one of those...

Haven't driven a T3 yet, my 87 Turbo is still in "dry dock." Really looking forward to it. Guy who sold it to me said I will be surprised how much power it has - I know it's the torque, but more HP would be nice too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:25 am 

Nofur Trunions wrote:
Was AC available with the MKI Turbo Sprint? Wow, imagine finding one of those...

Good question. Was A/C available in the MK2 T3? My 91 Firefly doesn't have it, but it would be nice.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:34 am 

I've owned hundreds of cars, really. Everything from a built 55 Chev, Cooper S Mini, to the Z06 I drive now, and there's only one car I've kept out of them all.

The 87 Firefly turbo in my avatar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:52 pm 
A legend in his own mind

suprf1y wrote:
I've owned hundreds of cars, really... to the Z06 I drive now.....

take it easy BrooooooooooooooooOOOoooOOOooOoOOOOoooOOoOoOOOooooOOooOOoooooOOOOOooOooOOoooOOOOOOOOOoOOooO

LNLC Founding Member

Certified to advise if this thread is GAY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:58 pm 

True story, and I only bought that car because I wanted to be cooler than you (which I am).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:12 pm 
A legend in his own mind

suprf1y wrote:
True story, and I only bought that car because I wanted to be cooler than you (which I am).

after a few shots of peach schnapps, do you look in the mirror and say "Elton... Elton John!"...?

LNLC Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:24 am 

Bitch, after a few cosmopolitans, I start to think of myself as Liberace incarnated. You know that

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:52 am 

Dude, do you play the piano?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:53 am 

I've been known to tickle the ivories, if you know what I mean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:35 am 

How's your technique? I'm trying to figure out how to practice relaxation so I can play the Shubert/Liszt der Erlkoenig. About 5 minutes of octave triplets at 152. Checkout Yuja, Kissin, Valentina, and Fuller. The story of this song is mythical - the song itself, and how it was received.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:24 pm 
A legend in his own mind

suprf1y wrote:
I've been known to tickle the ivories, if you know what I mean
Nofur Trunions wrote:
How's your technique? I'm trying to figure out how to practice relaxation so I can play the Shubert/Liszt der Erlkoenig. About 5 minutes of octave triplets at 152. Checkout Yuja, Kissin, Valentina, and Fuller. The story of this song is mythical - the song itself, and how it was received.

should I?

LNLC Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:37 pm 

should I

Alas, I fear you must..

=)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:11 pm 

Tommy can you hear me?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:16 pm 

This thread has become mythical
What shade of pink is the official certification used in? There's a couple to choose from

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:30 pm 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

OMG, my eyes are watering from the amount of laughter .. this needs a full HOT PINK Certification

:cheers: :ez_l0l: :worship:

PS cant vote in your POLL ... you dont have the ultimates .. MKI GTI G13B Turbo ... or MkIII GTI Group 'A' Action Sport BRAME .. or MkII/III Cultus GTi AWD turbo ... then i would take this seriously .. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:01 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

Hey guys! What's going on in here... oh.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:27 pm 

" MKI GTI G13B Turbo ... or MkIII GTI Group 'A' Action Sport BRAME .. or MkII/III Cultus GTi AWD turbo"

Didn't you leave out the Twin Engine Pike's Peak Cultus?

Maybe that should be another Poll: What was the Ultimate Cultus Race Car? Twin Engine will be hard to beat.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:45 am 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

Nofur Trunions wrote:
" MKI GTI G13B Turbo ... or MkIII GTI Group 'A' Action Sport BRAME .. or MkII/III Cultus GTi AWD turbo"

Didn't you leave out the Twin Engine Pike's Peak Cultus?

Maybe that should be another Poll: What was the Ultimate Cultus Race Car? Twin Engine will be hard to beat.

Nobuhiro Tajima's (whom I have had the pleasure to meet when he was here in Australia) 'Monster Cultus' race car is is great car - but it is a race car and not something you are going to drive around the streets. So I did not leave it out without consideration. You do know he has his car engineered here in Australia.

Each of the cars I have listed are available (well some only if you are outside USA) to purchase and have been built and are sought after by the true enthusiasts.

If you want some of the best - talk to Dattman as New Zealand seems to be the home of them!!!!

Another that was a true awesome car here in Australia was a turbo cultus convertible with a G13B GTi engine and body kit .. it was a true work of art.

But back in hte 90's was the era for Suzuki GTi's with plenty of show cars being prepared. just do a Google image search 'Suzuki GTi show car' just a note for you, I beleive you will need the tissues ready ... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:40 am 

Didn't know Monster's car was engineer in Australia. Wouldn't have guessed it since I thought he was a factory racer.

Your list of exotics, they're mods right? (My Poll was meant to list factory cars only, but I threw modded in there since so many people do that - especially with turbos.)

The purpose of my Poll was to try to establish the Food Chain for these cars. I figured it was Turbo -v- G13B. Rare -v- Rare. So that leaves the G13BB as the only readily available performance platform.

I have just bot an 87 Turbo Sprint and haven't driven it yet - it's still in dry dock. And last fall, I missed out on a 60k GTi for $2500 in CA which I would have bought. I don't know which I'd like the best, but I've been leaning towards the G13B. Of course, the real question is how will the Turbo run if I turn up the boost to the maximum given stock fueling.

What is both good and bad is that these rare factory cars just don't bring much money. Of course that means I can afford them, but it also means there is not a lot of aftermarket for them. The fact that the Cultus is a Pike's Peak racer just doesn't generate any mass excitement which is unfortunate.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:23 am 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

Nofur Trunions wrote:
Didn't know Monster's car was engineer in Australia. Wouldn't have guessed it since I thought he was a factory racer.

Your list of exotics, they're mods right? (My Poll was meant to list factory cars only, but I threw modded in there since so many people do that - especially with turbos.)

The purpose of my Poll was to try to establish the Food Chain for these cars. I figured it was Turbo -v- G13B. Rare -v- Rare. So that leaves the G13BB as the only readily available performance platform.

I have just bot an 87 Turbo Sprint and haven't driven it yet - it's still in dry dock. And last fall, I missed out on a 60k GTi for $2500 in CA which I would have bought. I don't know which I'd like the best, but I've been leaning towards the G13B. Of course, the real question is how will the Turbo run if I turn up the boost to the maximum given stock fueling.

What is both good and bad is that these rare factory cars just don't bring much money. Of course that means I can afford them, but it also means there is not a lot of aftermarket for them. The fact that the Cultus is a Pike's Peak racer just doesn't generate any mass excitement which is unfortunate.

The JDM Suzuki Cultus (Swift) GTi Turbo AWD was from the factory ...

I suggest you do some homework, the GTi G13B twin cam motor is always a higher performance platform than the G13BB engine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:04 am 

Someone needs to update Wiki on the G-series engine. Would you consider doing it?

I do know that while the G13B cars are a challenge to find, the engine is available on car-part.com - all you have to do is spend the $$$.

There is little information about the F6A too which really caught my eye. It is also a "T3" but rather a "TTT" = The Tiny Turbo. (Arf Arf Arf - I make funny)