TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:00 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

What's would you like to have the most?
T3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
T3 modded 33%  33%  [ 8 ]
GTi G13B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
GTi G13B modded 50%  50%  [ 12 ]
4-valve MKIII G13BB 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4-valve MKIII G13BB w/AC 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
4-valve MKIII G13BB modded 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
G10 w/AC 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
G10 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 24
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:34 pm 

Yes, that should have been obvious, "nofur trunnions" and "cardinal grammeters" should be a dead giveaway. Do a search.

Don't criticize Wiki. It's the only thing out there that attempts to collect all this information in one place that I could find. I thought for sure teamswift would have had a nice performance history in the FAQ.

Th Poll was intended to get votes for what people thought was the Top of the Food Chain: T3 or G13B. 2 choices. But then I tried to accommodate too many mind sets and ironically omitted the XFi/ER. That really pisses me off.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:03 pm 

Teamswift is very specific. We mostly focus on the the cars you posted on your thread. If you look at it from the North American market you are dead on. Looking at it from the rest of the world where the brand is more respected we can go on and on. But to keep it centralized you are not to lost. The performance days of Suzuki are only from the late 80's to the mid 90's in north America pretty much. Any Suzuki car after that was basically a commuter platform. Maybe the Suzuki kizashi might of been something in the Honda civic ground, but would of never filled in to the Suzuki performance enthusiast.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:16 pm 

OK, so the one piece I'm missing in the USA market is, was there a Swift GTi (or GT?) 100hp G13B MKI?

Last edited by Nofur Trunions on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:41 pm 

Yes because the the Gti is only lighter but is only because of regulations in safety of the 80's, and not by a far margin. But basically they are the same car with minor differences. and Gti was won by Volkswagen in the U.S. But the rest of the world is only known as Gti and not GT That is a different story in it's self.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:06 am 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

Nofur Trunions wrote:
Yes, that should have been obvious, "nofur trunnions" and "cardinal grammeters" should be a dead giveaway. Do a search.

Don't criticize Wiki. It's the only thing out there that attempts to collect all this information in one place that I could find. I thought for sure teamswift would have had a nice performance history in the FAQ.

Th Poll was intended to get votes for what people thought was the Top of the Food Chain: T3 or G13B. 2 choices. But then I tried to accommodate too many mind sets and ironically omitted the XFi/ER. That really pisses me off.

Yes but it was always 'nofer Trunnions' ... so you need to use spell check better ....

Wiki sucks ... and your constant trying to say that only the USA counts - there are many of us in the rest of the world that do have feelings for our Suzuki's, or Barinas or the hundreds of other names generated from the original Cultus legends ...

I am not from USA and even I knew the XFi sucked (maybe it needed a Turbo-Encabulator to improve it - but this would probably give you a boner) ...nearly as much as some of the local configurations Holden GM did here - we were lucky we had the really developed Peter Brock's Energy Polariser (look that up) that were fitted to GM cars

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:01 am 

Yes, spelling is not my forte among many other lacking virtues!

My "USA only" was driven by the disgust I and other car nuts have with US government and it's war against cars and individual freedom - we've become a hate-based intolerable society of scardy cats and deserve our Big Brother government.

Yes, the TE is ROTFLOL since I'm an Pratt & Whitney aerospace engineer who has had to make his share of pitches.

Wow, is Brock nuts? The TE was a gag, but the EP appears not to be (which is not to say it actually does anything.) Frankly when Brock was involved and endorsed the Superformance Cobra, I couldn't believe it. An extra large, heavy, bloated Daytona Cobra... Blasphemy... but then I suppose no worse than the "new" Ford GT and the Great Abomination Mini Cooper that sells like hot cakes.