TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:13 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am 

I saw the ads on CL 2 years ago.

Quote:
1997 Geo Metro for sale: Asking $ 1500 (Abbotsford)
148, 308 km
5 speed manual transmission

Aircared until October 2015
Owned since 2005 and selling because I bought a newer vehicle. Rebuild. Very cheap on gas. Recently changed spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap & rotor, and air filter. Muffler is fairly new.

Click the reply link on the Craigslist window to get in touch by email. Thanks for looking.

Bought it for 900CDN

After left my work at about 5pm from Wheaton Barnes Dealership and drove back to my home via Highway #1. The road condition seems wet but not bad as the weather at this morning. At about 5:20pm, it was normally raining (but not heavy) and good vision to drive, and I was driving on the middle lane then steering into far right (4th) lane and still pay attention to surround of me but there is not many vehicles around of me.

As about to enter the 200th exit, I just felt that both front wheels is lost the contact to the road without any acceleration. Meanwhile I drive slowly as my car is drifted to the left lane so I was trying to slowly steering back to the right lane and slow down at same time by shift to neutral and gently brake then suddenly everything went so happen as I left the control to the car itself, therefore I was spinning for 3 times then entering the ditch twice.

Nobody included me is injured and had two witness. The flag guy and witnesses told that I am 4th person that who got into the accident at same zone. I also notice the right lane was not good as middle lane as I switch from.

I drove this car for 2 years... I only replace parts is CV boot (ripped so $40), fuel filter (cheap $10) and battery (my spare) PLUS of course oil changed for 2 or 3 times. ;] I also did test wet-sanding on headlight and body and touch up paint on this car's poorly body job.

Now it's 168k Km... everything is prefect but bodywork (rebuilt of passenger door and driver rear side quarter) and tires (front = 5/32 and rear = 3/32) are kind of bad but I drove daily on highway #1 since Jan 06. ;[

This car is probably the best, cheap and reliable car I ever drove in my whole life :lol:

Now I have to find out what I will do with this car... probably sent to the junkyard because of the frame is bent and twisted... or sell for 400cdn for parts?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:01 pm 

This tough little car is well known for preventing injuries in moderate crashes, especially MK4 and MK5. The passenger compartment is almost untouched! Good that you were able to walk away from it!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:07 pm 

Yeah better than mk2/3 without roll cage. I am pretty sure I hit into the soft wall... If it were the hard wall like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eStf3RMkrVc then I probably have a few of injuries.

mk2/3 : crash test rating is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkgTSaSLO6I

mk4/5 : crash test rating is

Quote:
Driver Side three star rating safety concern
Passenger Side four star rating
side crash Driver Side Not Rated
Passenger Side Not Rated

Quote:
Safety[edit]
US second generation models received the following NHTSA's New Car Assessment Program ratings:

Front Impact, Driver: 4/5 stars
Front Impact, Passenger: 4/5 stars
Test numbers indicate the chance of serious injury: 4 = 10–20%

Yes I am very happy to walk away without any injury!