TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:23 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:33 am 

Where can I get this done? Frankly, I don't know how an appraiser would determine a price for a nice one considering how rare and worn out most of them are.

Trying to get Classic Car insurance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:07 am 

Have you gone through the application first without an appraisal? I tried all spring, all different companies (including hagarty which is based out of the states) for my 89 and they wouldn't. I talked to a insurance guy from hagarty and he said our cars aren't considered collectable to be able to get any sort of special insurance. They're just not looked at as special except by is here on the forums.
So make sure of that before you waste money on an appraisal.
In my application I had appraised value at 5000 and they said even if it was on the list it's not a high enough appraised value

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:25 am 

If I can get a $5k appraisal, I can get it written through Erie Insurance.

They have Classic and Antique, Restricted and Regular - all combinations.

However, their Classic Regular liability only is more than regular insurance liability only. (that makes no sense)

Does the AACA recognize any of these cars?

NOTE: It is interesting that all these policies have to approved by the State Insurance Commissioner. And don't you think it is odd, I can get a Classic or Antique plate for my T3, but can't get the "associated" insurance?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:15 pm 

GOAL!

Hagerty is the way to go. While there theoretically might be an even better company, given the following and their rates, I'm not interested in looking any further.

They have serious sales references - while I was talking to the guy suggesting the $2200 valuation I'm getting from these other outfitss is too low - tells me that there is a Turbo Sprint in Hemmings for $44k and he saw lots of sales in the $3-5k range. So a $3500 valuation (that is their min) is a not a problem.

They also have rates for Garaged, Carport w/3 sides enclosed, and Carport w/<3 sides enclosed. Carport is about 25-35% more in premium.

They can write Liability and Comp w/o Collision, If you get Collision, you have to get Comp.

They have usage limited to 3500 miles for shows, clubs, etc. and occasional use.

They can also, in many cases, work through your local daily driver insurance company.

Rep on phone was very helpful, polite, and seemed genuinely interested in answering my questions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:47 pm 

Quote:
Turbo Sprint in Hemmings for $44K

Really? I thought that would only be possible if the car had $39,000 stuffed on the glove box :D

Yep. The Hemming ad for $44k is for the Sprint body bolted onto a V8 race car chassis. 954 horsepower twin hurbo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:46 pm 

I wish I had a twin hurbo!

:poke:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:42 pm 

Yeah, I looked up the $44k too but the Hagerty guy was just checking prices while on the phone.

I love that pic, looks bone stock unless you notice fat meats on rear.

I love the OE hubcaps! (Who says modded cars are worth less???)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:31 am 

Quote:
I wish I had a twin hurbo!

Most of us Turbo Sprint owners have twin turbos. Except one of them is stashed away in our parts hoard!

Quote:
Who says modded cars are worth less???)

I bet the person who modded that car had sunk at least twice as much money ($44K X 2) into the car when he decided to sell it to the dealer. $44K could make be enough to convince Suzuki to build some new ones!

=)