TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:12 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:01 pm 

Ordered a one piece Bosal exhaust resonator/mufffler tailpipe from Ontario for my MK5..

My phone buzzes.. Canada post notification email.. your pipe has been delivered.. what? ? I didn't hear the doorbell..

Go to the door and open it. 8 foot long fully assemvled unpackaged steel pipe diagonally wedged between the glass screen door and front door falls inward.. just in time to see giant truck disappear...

Bwahahahaha!

Thank- you Canada Post! :blackeye:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:10 am 

suzukitom wrote:
Ordered a one piece Bosal exhaust resonator/mufffler tailpipe from Ontario for my MK5..

My phone buzzes.. Canada post notification email.. your pipe has been delivered.. what? ? I didn't hear the doorbell..

Go to the door and open it. 8 foot long fully assemvled unpackaged steel pipe diagonally wedged between the glass screen door and front door falls inward.. just in time to see giant truck disappear...

Bwahahahaha!

Thank- you Canada Post! :blackeye:

Duck and cover!!! :shock:

pacapo wrote:
You get an old one, clean it up, put it back to specs and take care of it, and she'll last for years.

JVS wrote:
We (the Suzuki enthusiast) are Dinosaurs.

An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: Red "My PocketRocket"
1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: White (Being resurrected)
1996 Geo Metro (Stocker)
1999 Suzuki 1.6 Esteem (Baleno) Wagon (Sleeper creeper)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:29 am 

It's all a function of the person you get in your route.

I have had some of the nicest mail people come to my office. One girl, quite an attractive and young one, walked all the way into the depths of my floor to hand me the letters while I was sitting in my chair!

But others, mostly guys who seem disgruntled, will leave the packages, how ever small, outside at the ground floor. Some don't even tell us something was delivered. Or they will leave boxes on my porch, ring the door bell and leave.

Sadly, the latter has become the norm.

'60 Austin Healey Sprite, '67 Austin Healey 3000, '74 celica GT w/ 18rg, '88 RX7 10th anniversary, '89 MR2 SC, '05 Infiniti G35 6MT

Had
'80 Renault Le Car, '73 Celica ST, '76 VW Rabbit, '96 Honda Civic Si coupe, '87 Toyota Corolla GTS hatchbk
Casually looking for
early 240Z, Celica All-Trac ST165, Supra Turbo A80, NSX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:17 pm 
smart@ss

clinty wrote:

I have had some of the nicest mail people come to my office. One girl, quite an attractive and young one, walked all the way into the depths of my floor to hand me the letters while I was sitting in my chair!

But others, mostly guys who seem disgruntled, will leave the packages, how ever small, outside at the ground floor. Some don't even tell us something was delivered. Or they will leave boxes on my porch, ring the door bell and leave.

American values are migrating north. Quick, build a wall.

http://sierraclub.com/exxposeexxon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:49 pm 
Suzuki Elder

qwall wrote:

make us pay for it. :-P

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:51 pm 
A legend in his own mind

qwall wrote:
clinty wrote:

are you alive?
WTF?

I thought AIDS got the best of you.

LNLC Founding Member

Certified to advise if this thread is GAY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:51 am 

qwall wrote:
clinty wrote:

Sadly , I have to agree with qwall and clinty. I've had delivery drivers pulling out of my driveway less than 10 seconds after they ring my bell. It takes more time than that to get out of my chair and make it to the door. It probably takes nearly 8 seconds to walk back to their vehicle. They are a distant memory at 15 seconds. I make it out to the door usually as they are halfway out the driveway.

That can only mean one thing... they had the form filled out and started heading back to their vehicle the moment they pushed the doorbell. Does that add to the cost of shipping? Yes!!! Why is the postal service losing money? I think it's related to this attitude. I'll end my rant there although I could continue.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:39 am 

How about those Shaw contract techs who are too lazy to run a new line from the pole to your newly built house... Yip. Had that happen to me 8 years ago. I saw the guy calling dispatch in his van in my back lane saying that no one was home while I was staring him in the face. These guys still get paid for visiting the call if the owners are not home.

I called shaw and told them what happened while the guy was sitting in his van. He didn't want to bring out his heavy 25' ladder and said that a basket is required for the height... All cables are at the same height in vancouver residential neighbourhoods.

The next day a scrawny chinese tech no more than 5'-4" and 110 lbs came out. He braced himself methodologically to erect the heavy duty ladder while refusing my help, patched a new line from the pole to my garage mast 15 feet away and we were set...

He was the Harold in that white castle movie, the asian guy who did all the work.

'60 Austin Healey Sprite, '67 Austin Healey 3000, '74 celica GT w/ 18rg, '88 RX7 10th anniversary, '89 MR2 SC, '05 Infiniti G35 6MT

Had
'80 Renault Le Car, '73 Celica ST, '76 VW Rabbit, '96 Honda Civic Si coupe, '87 Toyota Corolla GTS hatchbk
Casually looking for
early 240Z, Celica All-Trac ST165, Supra Turbo A80, NSX