TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:47 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Massive Suzuki selloff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:28 pm 

Check out #10 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess I need to sell my cars.

http://www.dmarge.com/2015/06/wrong-car ... paign=Cars

pacapo wrote:
You get an old one, clean it up, put it back to specs and take care of it, and she'll last for years.

JVS wrote:
We (the Suzuki enthusiast) are Dinosaurs.

An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: Red "My PocketRocket"
1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: White (Being resurrected)
1996 Geo Metro (Stocker)
1999 Suzuki 1.6 Esteem (Baleno) Wagon (Sleeper creeper)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:03 pm 

The author needs to add something to his title.

Cars that you no longer have at thirty, but buy back when you're 35+

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:51 pm 
Island Inbreeder

DUDE THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR MY RAGE.!
Like the early Civics, the GTi was not a particularly safe car. No anti-lock brakes, no airbags and enclosed in a small body frame, the car would simply crumple under a heavy collision.
The cops loved it just as much as the willing drivers. If you’ve yet to outgrow the droning noise of a fat exhaust, lowered cars and a sparse interior with more plastic than Jackson, then this is your dream ride.
Not why i collect and or drive these cars
.....like the pic though........jv&s

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:50 am 

Yeah... I shouldn't drive these at 46 years.

When I show up at site meetings with the swift, the contractors and architects all whisper, "I thought Clinton was doing well with his business???"

Then there was a time I drove my wife's blue sidekick with a white rag top and leopard print seat covers to a construction site.. This rough, buff and tough steel erection contractor marched to my car and laughed at me, "you got to be pretty confident to drive that car around!" That was some 12 years ago and we have been good friends since.

You don't get respect in the superficial world unless you are driving a stupid german BMW, Merc or AUDI. But some people "get" it and they are often the ones you can rely on.

'60 Austin Healey Sprite, '67 Austin Healey 3000, '74 celica GT w/ 18rg, '88 RX7 10th anniversary, '89 MR2 SC, '05 Infiniti G35 6MT

Had
'80 Renault Le Car, '73 Celica ST, '76 VW Rabbit, '96 Honda Civic Si coupe, '87 Toyota Corolla GTS hatchbk
Casually looking for
early 240Z, Celica All-Trac ST165, Supra Turbo A80, NSX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:10 am 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

haha ... typical Australian hack writer.

Many of these cars a re true 'bogan' cars like the VL Commodore and Nissan Sylvia, and then there is just the true crap - Hyundai and Kia etc, but the GTi and Civic are also not just like the ones that are pictured, many older people still enjoy theirs in more original condition and not 'boy racer' models.

The one big issue is the Ford Capri, nobody under 30 ever had one, the only people who ever bought this was over 50's or hairdressers, it was the poor man's MX5, (based on a Ford Laser chassis and engine) and was known as one of the worst lemons built here in Australia. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:24 am 
Teamswift Racer

neo_mk1 wrote:
haha ... typical Australian hack writer.
The one big issue is the Ford Capri, nobody under 30 ever had one, the only people who ever bought this was over 50's or hairdressers, it was the poor man's MX5, (based on a Ford Laser chassis and engine) and was known as one of the worst lemons built here in Australia. :D

Yep. Mother inlaw had one, truly truly dreadful, got damaged in a hailstorm and replaced by insurance, best outcome you could ever ask for :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:06 am 

The early RWD British Ford Capris were quite lovely.
=)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:09 pm 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

Dattmann wrote:
Yep. Mother inlaw had one, truly truly dreadful, got damaged in a hailstorm and replaced by insurance, best outcome you could ever ask for :lol:

That has to be the best outcome ever for that model!!! the only way to get any compensation ... :lol:

suzukitom wrote:
The early RWD British Ford Capris were quite lovely.
=)

These Ford Capri's were the most awesome cars ever!

Here they had the upgraded version as well as the standard 4 cylinder versions, these were with the 6 cylinder engine and better suspension and brakes package etc

Attachment:
26125491-d418-4bcf-8640-32701a064022-atlg.jpg
26125491-d418-4bcf-8640-32701a064022-atlg.jpg [ 121.59 KIB | Viewed 1547 times ]

It is a shame Ford brought the name of Capri down in such disrepute with the crap later models.