TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:06 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:14 pm 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

keywords: faq, torque horsepower foot pounds suzuki
Cherry Twist wrote:
Haven't finished reading this thread yet but I've come across a lot of comments about how good a Swift GTI might sound. Is it true? Does that car, stock, realy sound good? I've only ever crossed paths with them in situations where hearing anything isn't an option because of rain and rolled up windows.

Just fishing for justifications to buy one myself,.... Sound is a bonus!
Any chance I could get hp and torque ratings on a swift GTI?

The Swift GTi puts out 100 HP @ 6500 RPM, and 83.2 ft lbs @ 5000 RPM. Yes, they are every bit as fun as everyone says they are. I've got one that's a rusty POS, and I wouldn't sell it for the world.

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:32 am 

That's about DOUBLE my Geo, as I had suspected, and I'm liking the idea of that A LOT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:42 am 

I just bought a GT and I love it, had its problems but nothing unfixable :)
- Amer

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:34 pm 

i love my firefly because it saved my life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:24 pm 

Why I love my swift

1. Its my first car
2. No one around me has a car like it
3. Its great on gas (and me being a teenager with no money really appreciates this)
4. It almost has 200k miles on it and is still going strong.
5. Its a blast to drive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:18 pm 

Tons of fun to rip around in, hard to roll :p cheap cheap cheap theyre like go-carts! and they handle great in the snow

Hadnt had as much fun with a car since my first car, an 87 hyundai stellar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:55 am 

i love my sprint because i only paid 275 bucks for it and saved that much in gas within the first month :D that and they are so much fun to drive

-Frank Zappa-

1965 dart GT 4 speed
1979 thunderbird town landau T-Roof
1993 geo xfi

Post subject: My Swift 1.6 16V
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:43 pm 

Why I love it:

It's fast!

Press Gas pedal on this car and You will know another reason why i love it!

It's a high quality car! It's old, but it's drive like a boy in the best condition!

It's a first car which i ever drived! I learned driving on this car!

It's my first car; it's my first love!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:14 pm 

This is my 4th car. Hands down best car I've ever had. none of my previous cars compare.
-1990 Ford Tempo, mediocore(always needing something fixed, and not very good on gas)
-1984 Peugeot 505, "unique" car. Very nice riding car. very comfy seats. Gutless gas guzzler.
-1988 Nissan Sentra, little better than previous cars for economy but was worn out when I bought it so only had it a month and the engine blew up at 300,000km.

my 94 metro sedan 1.3 is fun to drive, unbeatable gas mileage, cheap and easy to maintain. Only cons I can think of are seats uncomfortable on long trips(If I had my Peugeot seats in this car I'd be in paradise). Bought it with 165000km(rust free). Had it for a year so far with zero breakdowns(186000km). Regularly get 45-50mpg(got 700km on 33 litres one day on a trip to calgary). Only changed oil, wiper blades, fuel filter, PCV valve, normal maintainence. I'll be keeping this car for as long as possible unless car makers produce a new car that gets 45mpg+.
Bought a parts car yesterday- 92 metro sedan with 377000km on it(owner said it still ran when he parked it 3 years ago, never burned any oil, just leaked alot).

In short. A superb automobile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:06 pm 

i love my swift cause its so mint,and so quick! my first little car i wish i could keep it 4eva :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:48 pm 
I appriciate the general reliability and the ease of repair. Almost everything in the car is easily accessable. Parts are inexpensive. Great mileage. You don't need an engine hoist to lift the engine out. Free tech support from TeamSwift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:56 am 

Figured I'd put my 2 cents in.....

I love my old big honking V8 gm's, but I'm hooked on this little cars. I drive them obviously for the gas mileage, the reliability is awesome, but my favourite thing about them is.....the odd time they do breakdown or need service, they are super easy to work on. Between work, homelife etc. I don't have the luxury of spending days on end fixing my daily ride. Less time fixing means more time for other things in life.

I love these cars in the snow too. I had a guy with a jacked up 1/2 ton laughing because I live in the country and "only" have a "little" car.

If he only knew better :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:50 pm 

Why I love my Geo

1. Great MPGs
2. I love the looks on peoples' faces when i blow their doors off
3. If i need to go some where far i can put my car in my friends trunk :D
4. Great MPGs
5. The 3cyl can be removed without an engine lift just get another friend and some Burger King
6. I after my ex-girl friend broke up with me my Geo still loved me
7. Its a real head turner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:30 pm 

Your Geo is a head turner?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:37 pm 

when you own the only one in the neighbor hood that runs good doesn't smoke all the body parts are the same color and the glass isn't cracked then yes and the sound of her helps too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:51 am 

i love my car no matter what but it always seems to want to be worked on lol and nothng major goes out just stupid little stuff...aka speedo, and my reverse lights were stuck on so i pulled the bulbs and don't have blinkers lol.

but u would never imangine the looks i get here lol especially when i'm crusin with all my friends in there hondas and what not or how many ppl wanna street race me lol my reply is always how bout u find an auto-x course and i can show u how it's done....

i broke my rear window tryin to be a rally racer.........damn body flex

soon to come:
fix rear window, door,fenders,speedo,primer it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:02 pm 
Jomo Herder

The other day i had to follow a friend's friend somewhere. his car, some late 90's or early 00's subaru station wagon. mine, 99 1.0 metro. heh, he actually said "i'm going to see what mike and his metro can do" and tried to leave me. it was funny, i didn't know but he was going around turns fairly fast for his vehicle and was struggling. i took them just fine and didn't know i was supposed to be hauling ass. i thought he was just a jackass that didn't know how to lead people. well, it may have been a good deal of the second one too. i just kinda wish there was somewhere i could go to show him what my stupid little car can do in the turns. on the one turn i kept with him i made my passenger(200+ lb) grab onto the handle, i wasn't turning fast though. no tire noise. could have easily have done it faster, if i was trying i would have had both hands on the wheel instead of one on the side of the car.

point is, unless it's a lighter car or a car intended for performance or handling....i can probably outhandle it with my crap suspension and obsurd body roll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:41 pm 
I substitute teach and deliver pizza, many of my friends and coworkers laughed at me for paying a grand and a rottened out 91 Dodge Daytona for a questionable solid but low mileage Sprint, but i'm saving 50 bucks a week on gas and its an automatic. At this rate it will pay for itself 2 and a half times if i can just keep it on the road a year, and it isn't signifigantly slower or less roomy inside than the Dodge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:36 pm 

:) :P
http://209.200.233.205/album_page.php?pic_id=8325

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:23 pm 

no no no you boys gott it wrong, big time,chevy sprint turbo comin in to take over!!! the swifts dont have a chance!!nor,hondas,metros,all i have to say is list how that car sounds when it flys by, al you here is
WWWWAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM-PPPPUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHSSS------->>>>> ludacris speed,,,,,,, by by

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:26 pm 

:puker: awwww man on your metro??? awww :furious:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:27 pm 

like i said have you raced a sprint latly???? didnt think so :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:46 pm 

o dear, for got to answer the (Q),,,
1.bought for $300,,, what a steal,,again,,,what a steal
2.mint condition,small rust bubls,no hole,,,any were.
3.drove it ,,, heard that wwwaaammmm-pppuuuccchhhsss,had to buy it.
4.amazing on gas,,,wow coulndt belive,45mpg+
5.peettyy fast for a small car.
6.with some up grades woah whatch out.
7.msd blaster coil,wires,cap,rotor,timing belt,stright through exhaust no cat,cold air intake,new studs and spacers and rims and rubber,put on 88 ford mustang 5.0 rims on,perfict fit under the wheel wells ,looks like a go cart and handles like one,runs on 93 octane to feed her thee love that i always give her,new waste gate,turbo blade ,blow off valve,with a horn trump on the blow off valve even more ppuucchheesss,
8.smokin hondas,metros,suvs,even the po po,on back road thou,haha gotta drive crazy to get away,the rush is so intense.
9.car has so much more potenshuall
10.its a 3 banger
11.ez to wash and wax
12.no one thinks what you have under the hood,when you smoke some one and they ask you what u got under the hood??? u teller 3 cyl,,there friend like wow dude you just got smoked by a 3 cyl??? wow,no better feelin like that> :yeahyeah :yeahyeah :yeahyeah :thumbsup: :study: :search: and you will find the truth!! rock on

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:03 pm 

I wasn't sure where to start a first post. Raving about my Suzukis seemed to make sense.

At present, the total is two and a half vehicles. I currently own an '89 Swift GTi which my granddaughter calls, "The Little Red Rocket". My other is a '94 Metro XFi. She calls it "The Little Blue Egg". In the garage are all the GTi parts from another GTi rescued from the junkyard.

The GTi is an absolute hoot to drive. Long before Cars, the movie, I knew that cars could talk. The GTi doesn't whisper, it screams, LET'S GO, GO, GO! Not only will it scald the Bridgestones in first, it corners like it was on rails. Bring on the new MINIs!

The XFi was recently pulled out of storage and put back on the road because of its incredible gas mileage. It is also one of the most delightfully simple cars I've ever seen. At the risk of sounding un-American, I just don't see the sense of loading a car with every imaginable gadget. Call me a minimalist.

The pile of GTi parts is waiting for a '95 or newer hatchback in need of a transplant. Hopes are to build an all out Q-ship once you guys get me smartened up a bunch. A buddy who races SCCA Solo II (Yes, he raced GTis) wants to build a tube frame, mid-engined, profile Swift for the street. Yes, I'm crazy enough to do it.

In the mean time, I want to get the XFi back up to the 55mpg range, and get the GTi back on the road.

Here's looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:53 am 

To start with, I'm not (yet) a swift owner.

I drive a 1989 Toyota Supra Turbo. It's overweight, nose-heavy, unbalanced, and underpowered, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. The sound of an i6 Turbo at 5500RPM with the turbo screaming is something you have to really experience to apprecaite.

That said...

I'm a giant fan of subcompacts, kei jidousha class, and other itty bitty "little cars that could"

kind of an odd obsession for the driver of a 4000lb hunk of MkIII Supra, eh?

I absolutely adore swifts/metros/fireflies/sprints. I'm going to be in the market for one in the next few months as a daily driver, and hope one day to snap up a T3 for a fun car. The Supra's an AWESOME GT car, but nothing beats the nimbleness of a well-built, itty bitty teeney weeney car. The reliability and simplicity is a nice touch too. To change the plugs in my supra, I have to disassemble half the intake, remove the coilpacks, unbolt the left rear tire, take the front door of my house off it's hinges; all while standing on my head and clicking my heels, as I whistle the Czechoslovakian national anthem. Backwards. As far as reliability goes, the joke that is guaranteed to bust the gut of a MkIII Supra owner for about five minutes is: Q: What's the difference between a Supra and a bucket of coolant? A: The bucket doesn't leak. When you own a Supra, changing the headgasket becomes almost as easy as changing the sparkplugs *grin*. In one of the communities I post in for supras, someone was considering making custom gauge faces for the coolant temperature gauge, and the oil pressure gauge, "BHG Meter" and "Rod Knock Gauge" respectively :P

All to sum it up! I love the little guy that could, and a Swift definately fits in that category:

Fun to drive
Cheap to work on (hey! Only three plugs to buy! -- Don't forget about oil capacity too!)
Easy to work on (engine hoist == two friends and a sixer of guinness)
Reliable
Did I mention fun to drive?
Spacious interior (I can fit quite a bit into a supra, but a swift can move furniture)
Simple interior (don't have to remove the interior from the doors back to get at the rear speakers)
Lack of gadgetry (hey! less to break! I had to rebuild the window switches in my supra, and it's coming time to do it again)
Reasonably spacious back seat (ever try ride in the back of a supra? nobody can ride behind the drivers seat when I'm driving, and the passenger has to introduce his/her knees to the glovebox to make it remotely comfortable for anyone back there -- you also have to be under 5'6" and 190lb)
Community (y'all are fun to talk to, easygoing, and able to laugh at yourselves. Too many car communities take themselves entirely too seriously. the MkIII-specific forums I post in are like this to a certian extent (which is why I post there), but still not as fun as most of the regulars here.

anyway, that's the end of my convoluted post, if this makes no sense, slap me, and tell me not to post at 3AM :P

CCC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next