TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:50 pm 

ye-o-geo wrote:
I <3 my Metro because:

4. my 17s look like 20s

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:21 am 

I've been to France last week and cruising at 120-130 kph, she still gives me 17,37 km's for 1 liter of gas. I also reached my highest top speed ever, 171kph :D :D

Yesterday I was at a 2 lane left turn traffic-light. This dude in his new Peugeot stopped next to me, on the left, and in my mirror I saw a Fiat approaching behind me, and he too switched to the left lane. Probably because of the slow swift on the right one. Guess who was around the corner and waiting at the next light first? :lol: 8)

- 0,5mm oversized pistons
- mildly ported head, 1,7mm taken off
- ss exhaust valves
- 222/365 3tech cam
- +10 gear
- K&N air filter
- TBI bridge removed
- 40mm throttle and intake manifold
- srd underdrive pulley
- AASCO 3kg flywheel with GTi clutch
- GTi catback
- deleted cat, now 2" ss pipe
- 14x6J ET45 BSA Racing
- Nankang AS-1 165/55-14
- 35mm lower Apex front and rear springs
- GTi sway bar
- Turbinetech underbody brace
- Ultra Racing upper strut bar

0-100kph: unknown seconds

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:42 pm 

Peenutzz wrote:
I've been to France last week and cruising at 120-130 kph, she still gives me 17,37 km's for 1 liter of gas. I also reached my highest top speed ever, 171kph :D :D

Yesterday I was at a 2 lane left turn traffic-light. This dude in his new Peugeot stopped next to me, on the left, and in my mirror I saw a Fiat approaching behind me, and he too switched to the left lane. Probably because of the slow swift on the right one. Guess who was around the corner and waiting at the next light first? :lol: 8)

My fastest was 165 km/h on stock 1.0 :p but that was with perfect conditions, empty highway, slightly downhill, wind in the back, almost empty fueltank :D

And about the traffic-light thing, thats also why I love my Swift, always the fastest (except that one time I was playing with a Porsche 911 Turbo, that was way faster :p). Me and my Swift also like roundabouts, hardly any car can go faster around them than a Swift. Just lost last week on a double roundabout (2 lanes and 2 roundabouts) I let him win or else he would be driving in the grass, and it was his birthday so I let him win :p Ow yeah, he has a Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 with 160 BHP.

Also I played today with a motorcycle, yes it was way faster on straight ends, but in Holland we have lots of corners so it was a tie :p

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:10 am 

I love my swift...:

...cause HE is fast...
...cause HE is beautiful...
...cause HE is eazy for handling...
...cause HE is simply GREAT car...

One thing I don't like is his age...
HE is too mature... :(

But anyways, I LOVE HIM! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:42 pm 

I love mine, because she took a lickin, and kept on tickin, and gave it right back and then some...

After having a Civic SI, that was lowered, drive into me at about 40kph, while I was doing about 60kph, door still latches, car still drives straight. Last I saw, the Civic was tracking funny, and I haven't seen it around the university.

:twisted:

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:57 pm 

i dont have a suzuki but.. my bro does his name is a1989swift. Anyway i like my suzuki (my bros) because they are so little, so cute and good MPG, put some bodykits rims and everything and then it looks HOT! :worship:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:28 pm 

I love my geo cause : bought four tires NEW for 100 bucks. I'm over six foot and I fit just fine. I have never had so many people notice me from driving a vehicle. With my short commute gas fill is a two month span. Reverse cookies are the best. Holds ten bags of groceries just in the back. Parking spots are always easy to find. if u get stuck in the snow two guys just pick up whichever end and move the car. And my favorite passing snooty people at over 80 on the interstate and the look given Priceless. :!: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:39 am 

mine's not even on the road yet and I love it.

-it cost me 150 to buy.
-it's my first standard car
-it's my first convertible
-it's not a honda (this one seems a pretty common thing to love about it)
-I love how there is nothing complex about it. it's beautifully simple. there's hardly anything on it you can't fix on the side of the road.
-and for some reason I really really love that it's 3 cylinders.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:55 pm 

economy
easy to get in/out
inexpensive to buy and maintain
not too hard to fix
rare around here
fun to drive
can put 6 ft shelves and lumber inside!
babe magnet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =)

daily driver: red 1991 Metro 3cyl 5sp, roof rack, 8 degree advance,
got 61 mpg combined on 14" tires but i prefer 12"

completed frame up restoration: black 1994 Swift GT 5sp -- like new ! 45mpg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:28 am 

I love these original S.M.A.R.T cars (Suzuki-Makes-Awesome-Reliable-Technology). They are whatever you want them to be, a fire breathing rocket or a mild mannered fuel mizzer or a combination of both. You can customize them to your liking or keep them plain and simple it's up to you. :D :D :roll: :roll: :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:04 pm 

Larry S. Oxenham wrote:
I love these original S.M.A.R.T cars (Suzuki-Makes-Awesome-Reliable-Technology). They are whatever you want them to be, a fire breathing rocket or a mild mannered fuel mizzer or a combination of both. You can customize them to your liking or keep them plain and simple it's up to you. :D :D :roll: :roll: :oops:

Not many cars can hit a 100hp per litre n/a as easily as our cars can.

=)

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:24 am 

i own a Suzuki Cultus VXR (SF310) model 2000 in Pakistan and i love it because its reliable, small yet spacious, goes fast when needed, one of the easiest vehicles to maintain.. parts are cheap and availability is no problem at all.. looks smart, infact one of the best designs ever produced! fuel consumption is excellent and i dont intend to sell it off in near future.. here are some pix.

Attachments:
100-0001b_S1U_PakWheels(com).jpg
100-0001b_S1U_PakWheels(com).jpg [ 54.34 KIB | Viewed 6410 times ]
100-0002b_6AA_PakWheels(com).jpg
100-0002b_6AA_PakWheels(com).jpg [ 33.88 KIB | Viewed 6407 times ]
image001_AY2_PakWheels(com).jpg
image001_AY2_PakWheels(com).jpg [ 53.13 KIB | Viewed 6409 times ]
image258_38A_PakWheels(com).jpg
image258_38A_PakWheels(com).jpg [ 52.73 KIB | Viewed 6406 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:54 am 

That's nice, welcome to TeamSwift. I like the front bumper.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:37 am 

the 4 dr wagon is very rare here. your bumper and hubcaps look cool. And the body/paint look new. i wonder how many of swift-metro-firefly-sprint-cultus cars were produced.

daily driver: red 1991 Metro 3cyl 5sp, roof rack, 8 degree advance,
got 61 mpg combined on 14" tires but i prefer 12"

completed frame up restoration: black 1994 Swift GT 5sp -- like new ! 45mpg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:41 am 

I love my Swift because not many people where I live even know what a Suzuki Swift GTi is. Also, its economical, handles well, looks nice, and is pretty fast, however I do wish my acceleration was better.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:14 pm 

i loved my metro tell the day it died! i was pissed off! i had a 1994 usdm geo metro 5 door wagon with a g10 3 cyl and a auto trans( whitch suck ass becuase its slow!!!) but she had problems and just died on s.r. 520 in the middle of F****** rush hour. i was pissed off i got out and started pushing it. by my self pushing this thing a block to park it in a lot. i went home, and came back the next day. the damn metro got jacked of it rims. some body to my ugly 12in steelies!!! i got mad punch it in the fender and then started laughing. i called my friend to pick me up and a tow company to get the geo. i was so upset. i had to walk since. haven't got another car yet! AND I AM LOOKING FOR A NOTHER METRO!!!!! PLEASE A MANUAL TRANS PLEASE!!!!!!! =)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:26 pm 

I love the fact that when I go to a parts store and tell them my vehicle information, they give me that cocked eye-brow that tells me they are thinking, "What the hell, I have to see this." When they see it, there like "WOAH, Nice Work". Yea, thats fun. I love the fact that I got this car for FREE from my grandfather. My story about it, my drugged-up cousin had it first. He was big into drugs and got shot at one night. Well, the swift took the bullet for it. It was located on the driver side right back from the door. In the attempt to escape, he rear-ended a Tracker and put a dent in the hood. So, My grandfather co-signed for it, took it away, paid it off and gave it to me for X-mas. Now, it's my pride and joy. I love the fact that people try to look without me noticing in fear that I may think my ride is cooler than theirs. I love my Swift because I go travel mile after mile and my gas gauge never beats me to it. It's quick on response and very fun to drive on back roads. But...I do have to say I wish I could put more performance under it, but it's a GA, what can you do.

Cardomain Page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931623

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:22 am 

I like the car because:

-No repair cost (I do absolutely everything myself!)

-Good milage (0.54 litre mixed driving, 4 cylinder)

-Starts every time

-Easy to park

-Very few has a car like this in my town anymore

-Nice and clean design

Last edited by marsbar on Fri May 15, 2009 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:28 am 

Because it's faster in autox than BMW's, new Stangs, and a Supra TT. :)

And it only cost as much as two of their wheels!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:24 pm 

hi Jip!!

My car's a babe magnet.

The last one is my newish wife!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:26 pm 

Why I love my 93 Geo Metro Convertible. Cheap to own, buy and maintain. Cheapest convertible out there! Great on gas! So rare everyone wants to know what is it? Love the surprised looks when they discover your go cart can pass them! Fun to drive! Really fun to drive!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:54 am 

I get off work on a hot summer day, climb into the GT seats with the top down and hit the highway or back roads around where I live. In a short time I'm cooled down and the grind of the job exits my mind. Back into town where people look at the car in a way that says "what is that" and "where can I get one". Even other makes of convertible owners look at the car with a "I wish my car wasn't a clone" look. I get out at a gas station or corner store and people almost always say "nice car, what is it"? "That's a Firefly"?!?!?! It truly is amazing how many people like and have never seen one before, although there are at least seven Chev, Geo, Pontiac convertibles I have seen in and around this town, which is really something because the population in the area is around 120,000 and the next town is much smaller and at least an hour drive away in any direction. I can't see myself ever selling my 'vert without having another one to replace it first.

Attachments:
91 'vert 003.jpg
91 'vert 003.jpg [ 230.34 KIB | Viewed 4938 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:19 pm 

Wow, where can I start? I bought my 1.3L manual Swift 2dr hatch in the summer of 92, the last one on the lot for $5,999... with a/c, from a dealer in Spokane, Washington. Black interior with an OK sand metalic paint. I wanted a black GTi, but none were left anywhere in the region. We lived in northwest Montana and the Swift became my commuter car.

It was 1. Fun to drive. Very light and responsive.
2. Spectacularly stingy on gas. I averaged about 45-47 mpg routinely.
3. I put a set of 175/60 14 snow tires on it for winter and it became a snowmobile. I lived about a 1,000 feet above the valley and it was a blast to climb that road before the snow plow scraped it. Never missed a day of work or skiing because of snow.
4. It never needed any attention, other than regular oil changes, and a wash and a wax once in a while. The summer tires were upgraded to 175/60 14 michelin on a second set of wheels, and I bought a new battery for the 'Sooz' at 7 years.

We moved to Maine in '95 and I drove it cross country with the rear seat down and a pretty good load of clothes and gear. Handled the trip very well. It was still my commuter and ski car in Maine until 2001. By then, the incredible amount of road salt that this state spreads, :evil: pretty much ate the lower parts of the car. I always kept the underside as clean as possible, but the salt ate it up and eventually was not able to get an inspection sticker on it. It was still running very well with only 99,000 miles on the odo.

A young college student bought the car ($200) and his dad welded a lot of metal on it, and was able to sticker it for another 3 years. After that it went to the crusher. If Suzuki had continued to sell this car in the states, I would have bought one again. Everything on that car was original, except for the brakes. I replaced the front rotors and all the pads at 85,000 miles. The interior still looked like new. Don't think I have a digital picture of this car, but I will try to digitize one when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:11 am 

xrw44 wrote:
the 4 dr wagon is very rare here. your bumper and hubcaps look cool. And the body/paint look new. i wonder how many of swift-metro-firefly-sprint-cultus cars were produced.

its the opposite here..
4 door are many
2 door are ultra rare...
this is why i love my 2 door 85 swift..
very rare here..only saw another 2 door swift 1 time for the past 2 months..
can't wait to get it done..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:33 am 

why i love my 91 vert manual:

-my talon is faster in reverse than the vert in 1st through 4th
-awesome on gas
-completely rebuilt engine in less than a day.
-so easy to work on
-with a little bit of work they look great
-fun to drive, nimble
- only seen 1 more in 250 mile radius

- 84 K5 Blazer, 12 inches of lift on SS 44's
- DD: 99 F150 4.6L V8 Ext. Cab, Longbox

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next