TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:10 am 

i want a swift so badly now.

i think im gonna save up like $2000 and take a road trip to canada to get a swift for cheap and then drive it all the way back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:50 am 
a.k.a Bum head

Good luck with that... importing a Canadian car into the States is pretty much impossible from what I've been able to find out. (Too many sue-happy crackheads...)

Anyone have a good resource for the regulations handy?

Chris

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42901&start=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:53 am 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

Importing a vehicle from Canada can be done, but the paperwork and the red tape is a big head ache. Have a look here to start your research:
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:08 pm 

hallo swift driver i,m new her may name ist 15p yeh way i love may swift because thast the very nice car what i ever have i,m drive before like the bmw and also a golf gti and a opel calibra but thers now way the best car like the swift gti Image see thats what i,m talking about

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:13 pm 

what? maybe you should read over ur message before you enter it. maybe even put a couple periods in. you know, so ur statements make sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:20 pm 

sweet car! :D i like the body kit, and you cant go wrong with red 8) dont worry about your typing skills, it will come. it always amazes me how many different countrys converge on this site.

here is my sig. karma if you look

Dattman wrote:
If you want big wheels buy a tractor...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:55 am 

:yeahyeah

Last edited by Gazoo on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:39 pm 

thanks men i try may best to right the worst i english

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:27 pm 

my bad, i didn't see you were from germany. i just figured you were a grade school drop out who didn't know how to write.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:40 pm 
smart@ss

lazarus wrote:
my bad, i didn't see you were from germany. i just figured you were a grade school drop out who didn't know how to write.

lazarus wrote:
what? maybe you should read over ur message before you enter it. maybe even put a couple periods in. you know, so ur statements make sense.

http://sierraclub.com/exxposeexxon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:20 am 

I like my swift because:
-it old so I dont have to pay bills
-mine actually doesnt get good gas milage after all the things i put in it.
-good turning without the coilovers
-20 hp and torqe can really make a diffrence
-dont have to worry about making hole in plastics(as shown in picture
-very lightweight and portable

theres alot more but Im getting real bored listing them........so im going to put alot of periods......................................................................for allthe things i like about it......................................................................................................................................... :D :D :D :D

Post subject: Why I love my Swift
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:10 pm 

The common reasons:

1. Cheap all the way around,
2. I can always find a parking spot,
3. Will always start even in the coldest temperatures.

But even better,

1. My junk yard things they're trash so I get all parts dirt cheap. Bought a hole car for $200, passed inspection except for a tail light.
2. If you fold the back seat down big enough for 2, small enough to hide from anyone. :D :D :D
3. What's not great about this car, except the cup holders.[/quote]

You're my boy Blue!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:32 am 
banned

this thread made me smile many times and definately makes me justify my purchase :D i'm gonna like it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:37 pm 

I must add my two cents: I don't know how many I have had any more from my first 86 , I had a 92 vert (while I drove my 12 year old son would yell at people and then duck ), and now have a 95metro, 461,000 kilometers ,getting a 99 firefly this weekend ,
I had a $250.oo, 92 ,4 door firefly my daughter drove ,she made a left turn off a main road into a side street and was broadsided by a tractor trailer filled with asphault at 80 k/h, the car was thrown in a spin 4 feet in the air slamming into the front of a brand new windstar , and rebounding back front end first, under the rear wheels of the tractor .the front bumper and lights were gone ,the rear bumper and lights were gone the rear seat was folded 90 degrees and the back of the passenger seat was folded down in behind the drivers seat the roof and floor were creased in to the rear of the park brake handle,the motor hung by the rad hoses and the rear mount, the other 2 ripped right out of the block and tranny,, A friend of mine arrived on scene and help pull this screaming 17 year old girl from the car and she got a scratch on her elbow and a stiff back for a couple of weeks , Over $12,000 damage to the tractor trailer,
I like to see the looks on the faces of the guys with the big dodge trucks and you know they can't afford the gas to go any faster.
I filled up for 16 dollars the other night and said to the guy in front of me still filling his chev 4 door truck , 16 dollars thats out ragious I'm going straight home and getting out my small car, and then walked away laughing
I mentioned to my boss the other day (in a crowd in the office)( I work in the warehouse) ,I see you parked beside my metro , all the guys with nice fast cars like to park beside it (he has an Olds,) he says is that so ? I said ya, It's the only time they can keep up ! And walked away laughing !
It fits my sponge bob square pants air freshener just perfect!
$12,000 ATV 4 wheeler,,, $500.oo road legal all season vehicle with a roof and a heater , you do the math !
Some one on here used a line I have always liked "It's more fun to go fast in a slow car than slow in a fast car "! I love it I hope it's ok for me to quote that !
and again thanks to the group here at Team Swift !
Sorry for the length Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:47 am 

Since the other thread got locked :)

I don't think I would paint/fix my little fly or Swift (well, maybe the swift), but I like how I can just drive it, and not worry about it. Not many things in my life that are just worry free right now.

The newer cars and the one antique require alot of attention, the fly gets none so it's my favorite right now.

The Swift is being an attention hog right now because I just bought it as my fun car and needs some mechanical issues sorted before it goes on ignore mode.

THAT'S why I love um :) Hop in, drive and NO WORRIES. BTW, my firefly has 310,000KM's. The swift has 382,000KM's! BOOYAH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:15 am 

Wy i like my swift?

easy:

It's 2 times cheaper than a vw gti. and 2 times quicker!
It's 2 times cheaper than a Honda crx and rusts 2 times less.
It's 2 times cheaper than a corado and 2 times more reliable.

it all comes down to:

" THE SWIFT GTI IS 4 TIMES MORE FUN THAN OTHER CARS" :lol: :lol:

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:53 pm 

I loved my Swift Gti the moment i bought it! For $850, and all i had to buy was a new clutch i couldn't complain. I love the underestimating look being wiped from peoples faces when you wipe them off the line. And it makes me laugh because i haven't done much to her yet! Besides it's not a Honda!!!! Plus having to commute an hour and a half everyday to work, 3-350kms out of a tank goes a long way! And those stock seats keep my ass so comfy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:05 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

lazarus wrote:

lazarus wrote:

i thought the same thing about "ur" posts :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:33 pm 

I love my swift coz:

1)it never fails to impress me!
2)when my mates take the piss out of it,after a race,they soon change their minds
3)it's stupidly quick for what it is
4)it sips the fuel
5)cheap road tax
6)reliable
7)i can rag it and it'll come back for more
8)130MPH!!!!!!
9)Ultimate car for slides
10)can be parked almost anywhere!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:48 pm 

How do I love my Suzi? Let me count the ways...

She's light & ferocious.
She's *relatively* easy to work on.
She took me to my first autocross.
She can out brake anything else I've ridden in or driven in.
She sticks around corners like stink.

But best of all, she's so damn beautiful, especially in the waning hours of daylight.

Ahh Suzi of mine, shall I compare thee to a Civic Type R ? Though art lighter, and less portly.

-J

Post subject: Why I love my Firefly...
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:35 am 

Why I love my '87 Firefly?

Because it is small, very economic, and yet does not sacrifice or lack style like some other cars made by other car manufacturers in its class.

It is responsive and fun to drive despite the tiny 3 cylinder engine powering an automatic transmission that is almost twice its size.

It radiates features of both new and old vehicles in appearance and engineering; when painted a solid colour, it can easilly be mistaken for a much newer car, and yet it looks totally unique due to its older features. It is fairly simple to perform repairs due to its mechanical simplicity, much like an older car, yet it still performs like a newer car.

It completely stands out. I love it when people in decked out SRT4s or lowered Chevy S10s check it out and knod their heads as they pass by. Especially when considering that I purchased the car, certified and road ready, for $900 CAD and haven't had to put in a fraction of the cost that they probably had to get this kind of attention.

The look on some people's faces when they find out that the car is actually all Japanese Suzuki under that Pontiac symbol can be priceless, especially those who only drive domestic vehicles and think it is an all American car. It can also be great to watch people trying to figure out what kind of car it is. I have had people stumped, guessing that it had to be some kind of Subaru, Civic, or Chevette until they spot the Pontiac symbol on the grill.

There aren't very many MK1s cruising around here anymore for most of them have fallen victim to rust due to the excessive salt on the roads in the winter, or they have just become too old and require too much attention to safety, therefore mine is definitely one of a kind.

I never have to pay attention to the rising gas prices.

Parts are fairly cheap to obtain once you can locate them.

It starts every time I turn the key regardless of the weather conditions. It puts out great heat in the winter and makes for an overall great winter car. With my studded snow tires on, I can tread through some serious snow and not get stuck like many other vehicles in such conditions.

It is comfortable and remarkably roomy inside for a car its size. Plus the folding rear seats turn it into a little work horse great for hauling stuff including full-size bicycles.

It doesn't scream when you hit the highway.

It is a smooth riding car and not bumpy.

Having 4 doors freaks some people out due to its compact size.

The automatic transmission was nice to have when I was first becoming acquainted with driving, and it is still a nice feature to have for driving in rush hour traffic after a hard days work, although a 5-speed would probably be funner.

Overall, I love this car because it takes me to where I want to be and I don't need a large, expensive vehicle to get me to and from work. It is cheap, reliable, great on gas, fun to drive, and I don't have to make payments to have a nice looking car. Also, I'm not afraid if anything happens to it because it is not new, and in most cases, I can fix it myself without the headache, plus I can customize it without having to worry about warranties and such.

I love this car and will probably only ever buy and drive small Suzuki's like this one in the future; especially after how good this one has treated me thus far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:46 pm 

Why i love my Geo? Hmm...cause its my car. Simple as that. I mean, She's all stock right now, but i can just lift the hood, and look at the little 1.0L and just imagine what its gonna be like once i get my turbo all worked out. I love when i wake up in the morning, look out the window, and she's sitting there shining in the sunlight. I love how when i drive by people at a bus stop, they say stupid things like "Nice car" but they are riding a bus, lol. I love how all my friends make fun of me for driving such a slow car, but when i get my turbo done, they will be sorry. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you.

I love my Geo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:38 am 

I love my swift because....
1) No one else in my city owns one and Ive only seen one other gti in my life!
2)Great on gas
3) Easy to re paint (took me a day)
4) light weight making it easier to go faster!
5) THE perfect sleeper car
6) Looks awesome
7) cuz its FAST!

I love my Metro because....
1) No one else in the world has one like mine
2) Gets AWESOME gas milage
3) My subs sound awesome in it
4) Its a cute lil car :D

one thing I dont like about my metro... its slow as all slow can be

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:00 am 

I love my GTi because...
-Its completley different from what people are racing/driving in the states
-the look on people's eyes when they see its only a 1.3
-the power to wieght ratio

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next