TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:07 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:15 pm 

You are looking at what might possibly be the lowest mileage Geo Metro XFI in the country or perhaps on the planet. If you are looking at this car then you already know what makes an XFI the most fuel efficient Geo Metro ever produced. With a EPA MPG rating of 58 Highway and 52 City, few cars in the history of the automobile can compete against the XFI when it comes to fuel economy. The car has an original 24,277 miles on the odometer which is incredibly low, yet one look at the interior or the engine bay and you would be tempted to guess even lower! This car has an immaculate interior that is in overall excellent condition. I firmly believe that his car has spent most of its life in a garage as the interior shows no signs of extensive UV exposure, fading, stiffness or cracking. The interior has even managed to somehow hold onto and exudes a noticeable 'new car smell' after all these years. The front and rear seats are all firm with no stress wrinkles from someone getting in and out. In fact, the rear seat pretty much looks as if it has never been sat on. The shift knob still shows texture with almost no visible wear indicating very little use. Being a 1994, this was the last year of the XFI. The car also has power locks that automatically lock over 10mph.

The car is in excellent condition mechanically and needs no work, service or maintenance. It has always regular oil & filter changes every 3,000 miles. I've inspected the brakes and the car appears to still have the original set of OEM pads with approximately 70% of their thickness remaining! I would venture to say that most of the 24,277 miles were freeway. The clutch pedal literally feels like brand new. I have driven several Geo Metro's and I have never felt a clutch this smooth & original even on other higher mileage cars that have just had a clutch job performed. If you are looking for a shining example of a low mile, clean, well cared for XFI then look no further. I would really like to see this car go to someone who has a special appreciation for XFI's. This is your chance to own one of the cleanest, low mileage XFI's left in existence. The only reason I am selling this car is due to a new hobby I am getting into. I have a 2003 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel and I recently bought a TDi and am trying my hand a Bio-Diesel production so I am pretty much going all-out diesel.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. You can also reach me at (916) 549-8245 with any questions you might have. I am asking $3,950 obo. The car is located in Prescott, AZ.

Click below for ebay auction and more pictures.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24K-Original-Miles-Immaculate-1-0L-3-Cyl-5-Spd-58-MPG_W0QQitemZ300344734258QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item45edf0f232&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:29 pm 

Really you're getting rid of it since they didn't offer A/C on the XFI !!
(how hot does it get in Prescott?)

- MPGuino
- Averaging ~ 52MPG these days

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:44 pm 

It only gets into the mid 90's here, not too bad. Also, it doesn't really have anything to do with A/C. It's pretty easy to retrofit in.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:39 am 

Ok, It's very nice but a little pricey, if you can drop it down a little, I will come out from Ca with cash this weekend, and drive it home if it's got current tags.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:09 am 

Although I think it's a bit pricey too when I look at just the year and the blue book value.

When you consider the shape it's in, then consider the low milage, Then consider what kind of vehicle you can get today that gets 50+mpg and how much your going to pay for it in purchase cost and insurance costs. The car is really a steal at that price.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:32 am 

This car would be going for twice that amount if gas prices were back up to over $4 a gallon.
Does anyone remember the GEO that was selling for some 10K on ebay?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:47 pm 

It just sold for 4050$. I stopped at 3300. Beautiful car, even with a salvage title, but I don't need it that bad. Also saw a Sprint for 12,500$, Which is just crazy.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:21 pm 

anyone heard from the owner since? had another sale that he kinda bailed out on....