Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:50 pm 

Hello All,

It's been a very long time since I have been on a Suzuki forum and today I have poked my head around the board a bit.......I sure do miss all the fun with these 3 cyl rockets.

Anyways I'm no stranger to the 1.0L motor; however, I've been out of the loop for at least 5 or 6 years and have no idea what the "Value" of these cars are worth today.

Ok here's what I got....

My Brother and I set up this car about 6 years ago, which he bought off the original owner. It is a White, 1988 Suzuki Forsa Turbo, with 200,560km (stock motor) and a few mods to start a nice project (suspension, brakes, turbo piping, exhaust, rims are all upgraded).

The Good:
- Boost Guage & Air Fuel Ratio Guage (Autometer - Carbon Fiber) both in pillar mounted pod. Air fuel guage has it's own (separate) heated O2 sensor
- Grant GT steering wheel (Black leather wrap)
- Back 3 windows are tinted
- Very original 5 panel rear view mirror (absolutely no blind spots with this thing)
- Turbonetics manual Boost Control valve
- In-Dash adjustable potentiometer (POT) installed to avoid the "Over-Boost" fuel cut.
- Turbo Timer (nothing fancy but it works)
- Pioneer CD player (looks nice, blue display, tilt face)
- Aurora 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires (best brand of wires I have ever owned)
- K&N Air Filter with custom intake pipe to factory air box
- Factory Turbo with a custom intercooler (double the size of factory) relocated to behind the bumper/grille and an adjustable BOV installed in the new turbo piping
- Custom Exhaust 2-1/4" from the, hollow, factory down pipe to the 2-1/2" Stainless Steel Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler and Tip
- Koni adjustable Front Struts (cartridge style) with Honda lowering coils and Height Adjusting nuts
- Rancho adjustable Rear Shocks also with Honda lowering coils and Height Adjusting nuts
- MK2 Front Steering Knuckles (12mm wheel studs) with MK2 vented rotors, calipers and pads
- Swift GTi Factory Aluminum Rims (14") near new condition with a nice set of Nokian rubber (Approximatly 65% tread left)
- The factory rear wing on the hatch back is the nicest one I've seen in a long time, most of them are peeling back and the foam is separating from the metal inside due to rust.
- The engine has very decent KM for it's age and has been very reliable. I have personally owned 3 Forsa Turbo cars and as most of you know these engines are great. A buddy I know used to have one with 350,000km running 14psi boost and running strong.
- Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, new in box (never installed) included in the sale. This thing new was around $240 and will also fit a Swift.
- Without exagerating my brother has spent over $3,500 for all of the above upgrades. This does not include our labour to install everything or the original price of the car.

** My Brother also has a Mega Squirt (pre-built) unused that he would like to sell separately **

The Bad:
- Here's the deal, this car was originally purchased in BC and then my Brother moved back home to Alberta. Now he is trying to sell the car and in Alberta most people drive trucks so he thought it would be easier to have me sell it in BC. My Dad trailered it here on the weekend and I have only had a chance to glance over it but not take it for a rip. Im not sure what boost it will run safely right now but i did set it up to run 12/14psi before he left for Alberta. I thought this car would be worth close to $2000 but now that I have seen it's current cosmetic condition I'm not sure.....
- It needs a vehicle inspection to be registered in BC
- Front Windshield is cracked and chipped (needs replacement)
- It needs to be aircared to be insured in the Greater Vancouver Area
- Fuel door is missing
- The car has had two minor fender benders.....Driver's side fender and hood have some minor dents which my Brother has another hood and fender (different color) to replace them. The front bumper has some cracking in the color match paint. Also the Passenger's side rear quarter panel was hit, but it's not dented in really bad.
- There are a couple areas of the car that are showing surface rust
- Transmission output shaft seal is a little leaky, so when you get into the boost in 5th gear the clutch will slip a bit.

In my opinion, to make this car a "turn key" option for a buyer, in my area, would cost almost as much money to achieve, as I could sell the car for. The price is negotiable and I may consider delivery depending on your location.

The car is located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
The asking price is $1250 OBO "as is"

I will add some pictures this weekend.

Last edited by Triple Threat on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:42 pm 

where is it registered? im in red deer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 pm 

It's registered in Alberta.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:42 pm 

The Car is now sold. Thank you for any interest.