TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:13 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:18 am 

Hi ! I have for sale gerabox for Swift GTi. Gearbox have lamelas LSD and final ratio 5.45. Price is 1200 eur + shipping. For Europe shipping is free.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 am 

Hey, "lamelas lsd" - what is it?
This is a complete gearbox with FD and LSD already mounted? What is the mileage of these elements?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:29 am 

uxon wrote:
This is a complete gearbox with FD and LSD already mounted? What is the mileage of these elements?

Hi ! This is assambled gearbox. Ready to put in the car. I can not say manuffactur for LSD. I buy car from Netherlands with this LSD. Mow LSD is adjustment for hillclimb. It is possible change lamelas position and make for racing. Final drive is 300-400km in good condition. Synchrons are new - 20-30km.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:49 am 

uxon wrote:

Its a clutch type LSD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:25 am 

DTM GTi wrote:
uxon wrote:

Its a clutch type LSD

LSD is as this type http://quaife.co.uk/quaife-products/lim ... ferential/ Sorry for bad English !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:11 am 

iliyo wrote:
uxon wrote:

Hi ! This is assambled gearbox. Ready to put in the car. I can not say manuffactur for LSD. I buy car from Netherlands with this LSD. Mow LSD is adjustment for hillclimb. It is possible change lamelas position and make for racing. Final drive is 300-400km in good condition. Synchrons are new - 20-30km.

My next question was going to be about the manufacturer of the lsd. If you don't know who produced it, it may be hard to service it properly (no spare parts - plates, ramps, etc.), am I right?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:00 pm 

uxon wrote:
iliyo wrote:
uxon wrote:

My next question was going to be about the manufacturer of the lsd. If you don't know who produced it, it may be hard to service it properly (no spare parts - plates, ramps, etc.), am I right?

Yes ! You are right. Manufacture can see only when disassembling gearbox :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:47 am 

iliyo wrote:
uxon wrote:
iliyo wrote:

Yes ! You are right. Manufacture can see only when disassembling gearbox :)

So if you didn't disassemble the gearbox, how can you tell that synchros are nearly new and that final drive has only 400km?

If the producer of lsd is uknkown, does it mean that it is unservicable?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:18 pm 

???

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:34 am 

Are my questions too complicated for you to answer them?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:24 pm 

No ! I disassembled gearbox, because have customer from my country. LSD is BacciRomano. The gearbox set is SOLD.
Thanks for your interest !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:43 pm 

The whole gearbox is already sold, including lsd and final drive?