TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quaife LSD's
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 7:05 pm 

Well, time has passed, and there is only a commitment for 7 of the required 25 units. Due to this, no further action can be taken on the LSD's. Sorry! Tom <br><br>With this new forum, we'll try this one more time. Quaife has said they will gear up an LSD for the Swift transaxle but that the minimum order is 25 (I will buy 4, which leaves 21). The estimated cost from Quaife (not having seen a standard diff) is between $800 to $850 U.S. currency, not including shipping to your destination. These are the finest LSD's available and the price is reasonable. Please reply only if you are willing to make a firm commitment. I will wait until October 1st for positive replies.<br><br>These units come with a lifetime warranty. To get more information go to the Quaife America page at;<br><br><a href=http://www.quaifeamerica.com>Quaife America</a><br><br>If you have any questions, e-mail me at:<br><!--EZCODE MAIL START--><a href="mailto: swifster@msn.com"> swifster@msn.com</a><!--EZCODE MAIL END--><br><br>Current committed units: 7 of 25 (as of 9/10/01)<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Tom Allen <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub83.ezboard.com/bteamswift.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=swifster>Swifster</A> at: 10/2/01 9:30:19 am<br></i>

Post subject: Re: Quaife LSD's
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 5:41 pm 

Swiftster, put me in for one LSD!<br><br>Leeye, Singapore <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 8:34 am 

when will you need the money? Why are you buying so many? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub83.ezboard.com/uamxdreamer.showPublicProfile?language=EN>amxdreamer</A> at: 8/24/01 8:34:51 am<br></i>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 10:09 pm 

Tom, maybe you should write some notes about the differences between the Quaife LSD and conventional clutch type LSD. Those who appreciate Quaife's LSD will not mind paying a slightly higher price for them. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:58 pm 

Because this is a global board, I think three weeks from the deadline (in other words, October 21st) should be sufficient time to submit payment. This, of course, is on the assumption that there is enough interest to do this. <br><br>I'm checking with the company on how these units can be shipped (dropped shipped to buyer, or if they will come to me to distribute). I'm also trying to come up with a fair way for payment to be made. I am looking at certified check or money order, so if some people back out at the last minute, all funds can be returned.<br><br>As for me buying four, I'm building a race car, and due to different gear ratios that will be used, as well as different final drives, I would rather have four different transmissions together to swap as an assembly, rather than to tear apart the transmission to swap gears or final drives. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 3:59 pm 
put me down for one............<br><br>Thanks<br>Dan <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 11:58 am 
hook me up!! i will take one <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:27 am 
Teamswift Racer

"Drabick" can be scratched from the list. I now own his GTi. Having said that, put me down for 2.<br><br>--Roy <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: see?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:57 pm 

see the topic date Roy??<br><br>we're talking 2001 here...LOL <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: see?
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:21 am 
Teamswift Racer

Well, Daleyson, if you stayed current with the other boards you would have seen that somebody posted a "lets start this up again" thread in the Transmission forum and linked to this thread... Seeing as I'm interested in a quaife, I posted my interest. Make sense?<br><br><br>:P <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:18 pm 

I am in for one also, please add me to the list. About shipping, I do work a logistics firm. Please give me some details and I will find the cheapest shipping method possible.<br><br>My email is thai@truonglegacy.com <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub83.ezboard.com/bteamswift.showUserPublicProfile?gid=prototypess>ProtoTypeSS</A> at: 6/17/03 11:19 pm<br></i>