TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fuel Rails
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:38 pm 

Just a quick question to guage interest.<br>Would anybody be interested in some after market aluminized fuel rails? (not sure if polished or blue)<br><br>If so I can get them for $150 U.S. unless I can get another 5-6 poeple I can get them for $125 U.S. plus shipping.<br><br>Let me know if anyone is interested. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: fuel rails
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 11:27 pm 

yeah, probably, let me know when you are planning on buying them...<br>whats the appox power gain...? <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 10:33 am 

Hey Craig,<br><br>I honestly have no idea, I'll try to find out more on them. And if anybody else has an idea let me know.<br><br>Thanks <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: hey
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 4:01 pm 

I'm not sure if they would give any power gain but they should be a larger capacity so they would definitly flow allot more as well as look nicer than the stock ones My $.02<br>I'd be intersted in one if the price awas a bit cheaper. I would prefer the polished ones to an blue one.<br><br>Adam <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 8:05 pm 

Ok cool, that sounds good then, I'd probably be interested in it then. I looked at that Swift this weekend, turns out its an '89, but thats cool with me. Runs amazing, no major rust on the underside at all, i was really suprised, and the control arms look spotless...I think I'm gonna go ahead with it.<br>I'll call you this week and see what you think.<br>Thanks Troy.<br><br>Craig <p>-Daley- <BR>1993 Geo Metro 3 cyl.soon to have a 91 Swift GTi</p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 9:12 pm 

Hey Craig,<br><br>Glad I could be of some help....and glad to hear the car is alright. Get back to me when you want to come by the shop and I'll go over it with ya. Sounds as though your getting a good deal on it too. Any other concerns let me know ok.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 9:46 pm 

perfect!...I'm really trying to get all the money I can together. I was going to try and keep my geo, but finances won't let me...which sucks ass!<br>There were like 2 things I wanted to ask you: The windshield is cracked, and I know I need it for cert. but how much will a new one be? I can get it done, just looking for an approx. price. And the 2nd thing was the drivers side door handle doesn't work. Something in between the inside and outside handles broke(like 3 weeks ago or something) and so it doesn't work from the outside...I'm not worried, its just a question, ya know? Well let me know what you think.<br>Thanks Troy.<br><br>Craig <p>-Daley- <BR>1993 Geo Metro 3 cyl.soon to have a 91 Swift GTi</p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: hey for daleyson
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 11:24 pm 
I think that the door handle thing is a common problem <br>I've got a 93 metro and a 90 GT both have the same problem.<br>The plastic lever that pushes a rod down to open the door break on the door handle. I can't find any here in hawaii at the bone yards, so I guess I'll have to visit the dealer!<br>Wade <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: hey for JWswift
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 11:29 pm 

crappy deal. Hopefully its an easy fix though, for both our sake's. Any other noticible problems on both cars to note?<br>Thanks!<br><br>Craig <p>-Daley- <BR>1993 Geo Metro 3 cyl.soon to have a 91 Swift GTi</p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 11:36 pm 
Windshields are not cheap. Average price I've seen<br>here in Calgary (canada) is $270CDN!<br>That is not including the $80CDN rubber gasket<br>that fits around the outside edge of the glass.<br><br>Darryl <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 11:43 pm 

Hey Darryl, is that installed? or just for the part?(for both windshield and gasket) I'm sure I can get the parts cost, just wondering on your prices...thanks!<br><br>Craig <p>-Daley- <BR>1993 Geo Metro 3 cyl.soon to have a 91 Swift GTi</p><i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 12:11 am 
Price is not dealer cost BTW... just what I paid at<br>a glass shop. (Apple Autoglass)<br><br>To answer your question then, the prices quoted are<br>just for the parts.<br><br>What I did was buy a used windshield at a wrecker<br>for $100 and had it installed with a new gasket.<br>Installation was $80. Total cost $260CDN. <br><br>I've heard of (slightly) cheaper prices but for the most<br>part this is what I woould have paid. I had the work<br>done last June (2001) or so. All parts and work done<br>in Calgary.<br><br>Darryl <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:26 pm 

Hey Craig,<br><br>Ok for the windshield I can get you a number to a guy who does it for like $200-210 I think he did like 2 or 3 for me, about a year or so ago, so I'll see if he still does it and the price for you. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see what his price is. And for the door handle, maybe you can come by the shop and we'll take a quick look at it and see if we can fix it for ya.<br>Anything else let me know..either here or call me.<br><br>Troy <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 6:21 pm 

amazing, thanks Troy!!! <p>-Daley- <BR>1993 Geo Metro 3 cyl.soon to have a 91 Swift GTi</p><i></i>

Post subject: LET ME KNOW
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 3:00 pm 

ONE QUESTION. ARE THEY GOING TO BE STOCK VOLUME OR LARGER. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 4:26 pm 

AS far as I know I think a little larger then stock.<br><br>But I will find out more details.<br> <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: SOUNDS GOOD
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:43 pm 

LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH AND WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE. ALSO IF NEED BE WHAT OTHER PIECES ARE NEEDED. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Fuel Rails
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 11:10 am 

Does anyone know where Nestor gets his fuel rails from? <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: Fuel Rails
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 10:07 am 

Nestor is selling 17 units for 110.00 <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Fuel Rails!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 4:44 pm 

Wow $110 CDN??? I'd be interested for sure (even if thats american). Let me know please. Jake_mc18@hotmail.com<br><br>Jake <p></p><i></i>