TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:19 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: payment
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:25 pm 

ya ive done that before and got ripped. I would prefer full payment before I order so we'll see how that goes over. I cant afford to be buying thousands of bucks worth of dash's.<br>Rick <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: payment
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:40 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

yup, so when're you going to set the cutoff date to get orders in ? i'm no rush, but i'm definately in. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: date
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:42 pm 

well superdials wants us to wait till they finish spec'ing the mk3 dash and then they'll make the mk2's and mk3's all at once for us. I am having communication problems though as to who REALLY wants one and whos just thinking they want one. We need 3 of each style before they will manufacture them. I'm in no hurry either though and superdials definitely isn't going anywhere so it really doesnt matter. Hopefully if we end up waiting a bit we'll find more people to buy and maybe the price will drop a bit.<br>Rick <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: date
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:16 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

cool, well let me know when you want a deposit. (or payment) <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub83.ezboard.com/bteamswift.showUserPublicProfile?gid=n1tr0>n1tr0</A> at: 7/22/03 4:55 pm<br></i>

Post subject: Re: deposit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:27 pm 
MuE Patient Zero/The Link Man

yeah, payment in front, in full isn't exactly what buyers like though<br><br>strike a happy medium...<br><br>you said they'd look, I'm retarded run $100 right?<br><br>well i'll put some where between $30 - $50 down on a MkII, so longs you don't mind waiting a little for the rest, as i'm very broke thanx to a failing engine swap.<br><br>-Mustard <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: mustard
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:00 pm 

if your interested mustard it will ba a bit before we order so just keep saving. We're waiting for superdials to measure up an mk3 dash so they can cut the mk2 and mk3 at the same time for us. Also I was hoping that we could pay in full so that instead of him shipping them all to me he could ship them immediately to all of you from superdials thus saving money and time for you guys. But it wouldnt be much for the extra shipping so we could work something out. Mustard send me an email so I can keep track of whos interested and for what style of car if you want an overlay.<br>Rick <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: re: email
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:40 am 

Hey I'm still interested, what's the story with the numbers? How high will they go and what redline? I want 8500 redline, or maybe put a token stock red "mark" at 7000 for the stock guys, then full red after 8500? Speedo would love to go as high as possible. Red illuminated would be cool. My email is <!--EZCODE MAIL START--><a href="mailto:jason_easton@yahoo.com"> jason_easton@yahoo.com</a><!--EZCODE MAIL END--> <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: re: white dials
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:57 am 

Count me in for sure. <br>As for the color, I would prefer blue or maby a neutral color (silver, charcoal, etc...). No preference for the position of red line mark. 1993 is MK2, right?<br>I would defenitely go for KM/H and at least 180 km/h mark. No problem with full payment upfront. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: re: white dials
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:56 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

1993 would be a mk3 .. you have the rounded dash right ?<br>88 & prior = mk1<br>89 = mk2 but had a 140km/hr speedo<br>90-91 = mk2<br>92+ = mk3 <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: oups!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:01 pm 

Oups!<br>Would be MK2 - 180 km/h cluster then as my dashboard is "square". My mechanic is from a '93 GT but body/interior is a '91 4-doors firefly. <br>Thanks n1tr0! <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: oups!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:39 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

did you get the gt instruments 'tho ? w/ the tach .. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: full GT
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:17 pm 

Yeah! The only "non-GT" parts on my car is the body. Swapped the whole thing! Here's a short list of mods, just for fun :

'93 G13B in 4-doors '91 firefly
4-1 Genie headers
2 1/4 exhaust line
CAI
Center force dual friction clutch
4 wheels crossed-drilled disks w/ carbon-metallic pads
Enkei RSF-2 15'
Yoko A-520
GT front bumber w/ fog lights

BTW, my cars looks EXACTLY like the one on the front page, the blue one w/ clears corners, lower sway bar and scoop on hood. I was sure it was mine when I saw it for the 1st time! I would post a picture but I'm not sure how...

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:14 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

just throw any pictures you have up in your album .. click on album & then click on "your personal album" & there'll be an upload pic button.

Post subject: That was easy...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:03 am 

Here it is:

Cool, my fisrt image posting on a forum ;-)
(Thanks n1tr0 for the advice!)

BTW, crazyabdul, I've emailed you for those white dials and got no answer. I was just wondering if I fell in your junk mail or something... No hurry, but I don't want to pass on that deal, that's for sure!
So, any updates?

Thnx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:18 pm 

Hey guys sorry I havent posted in a while but I've been hugely busy developeing some stuff for adams swift parts collection which I think he will try and sell. I'll post some pics here so I can see if theres market for him. Then dials are still in the works and going to happen its just still in the mold process. I have by no means forgotten nor lost interest. Just keep hammering me to let me know whos interested. Send as many emails as you want. Is there a way for me to post straight here from my computer or only from a site? 6mon1 I just replied to everyone and if you never got a mail hit me again. I'll see if it comes through this time. If not then I'll change some junk mail settings but post or mail to let me know either way.

Cheers,
Rick[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:16 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

hey rick, you can upload pictures to your personal album or one of the general albums so they're hosted here .. or you can attach files to the actual post ..
what sort of products are you making for adam ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:06 pm 

well let me know when you want a deposit i need gauges for a 95 swift thanks
Lecanard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:21 am 

Hey guys I'm making fibreglass stereo parts for adam. I have a set of dash pods that replace the original grills and allow you to bolt in 4's and paint the pods. I also have some door pods that will accept 6.5's and 8" woofer pods are also in the works. We also have a sub box that accepts a 10 under the dash alsmost complete. I also think a full fibreglass console that is single piece that flows up to the dash would be sellable. Rear hatch shelves? The actual hatch cover reinforced to accept speakers? Any other ideas from you guys? We want to build what people will buy. I dunno how many people are interested in a turbo scoop but they can be build too. I'm working also on a BMW looking vent for the hood or if people are interested I can round it and make it fit the fender like a BMW and you can use it for cold air straight into the air box region.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:12 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

i might be interested in those hood vents if they'd let some of the hot air out .. not sure which style or look you're refering to 'tho .. any pictures ?
i've still got @ least 1 turbo scoop, let me know if you need it to make molds off of. the wreckers i've found all want way too much $$ for them ..
same w/ the rear spoilers
hey send me an email w/ your phone# .. i may be out your way soon .. n1tr0@canada.com
cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:02 am 

I have an 89 GTi(mk2), would I just have to change the face for the 180km/h guage covers, or do I have to swap in '90-'91 guages? I might be interested in the dash pods for the 4" speakers..... how much?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:22 am 

You cant just swap in a differnet scaled dash plate. If they line up properly then theres no problem though. The pods will be priced by adam. He just had a baby though so time is tight for him. I'll try and work out something for the end of next week. As per pictures I cant figure out how to post them from my computer so if you wanna see them just email me at r_weins@shaw.ca and I can send away. If you wanna see pics of the vents I build then just click this and take a look on a bmw z3. The pics are small but you can get the just of it. I can also cut off the hole on the end for just vents or leave the hole solid so you can put a logo there. Any standard color gel is available. Most are in stock at our shop already. The ones I have are universal so they are flat but I could build a special one for swifts that contour nicely to our fenders if wanted but there would need to be a few people interested. Let me know.

The link is:

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=407297&make_type_query=make%3DBMW&model_brand_query=model%3DZ3&tree=BMW%20Z3

Cheers,
Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:12 am 

So these white faced guages we are getting, what years are they scaled for? Only 90-91? Will they work for 89 also? Answers? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:36 pm 

the only sets I have in the works right now are for the mk2 and mk3 which I think your car is a mk2 then. They can have white or silver faces and blue or red color. It's up to you. I sent soem more backup photos yesterday since they wanted to recheck which I assume means they're getting to it.

Cheers,
Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:24 am 

If 89 guages are scaled differently, then they won't work? Can anyone clarify this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:52 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

'89 gauges go from 0-140km/hr in the same distance that the 90-91 gauges go from 0-180km/hr ...
of course i have a mk3 so i'm not entirely positive on the later mk2's .. it might have been 0-200 .. anyone else should be able to verify that ..