TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:33 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:38 pm 

I am in contact with a supplier that is willing to make high quality carbon fiber hoods and any other parts that people want. Don't know what the price will be but he told me the more that want one the lower the price as like most group buys. If any one is interested contact me through pm or here is my email silicon_ghost@comcast.net

Brian

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:12 pm 

I want one but you have to know the prices before???
Tanks
Gonçalo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:53 pm 

i will try to get a definet price for every one and if enough people are interested i may be willing to eat the price of the first one so people can get a good price later. I just don't want to get burned on it but every one on here seem really dependable. will keep everybody posted.

Brian

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:50 pm 

ok.

Try to get an idea of the price and when you have it tell something.

Tanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:28 pm 

I want one... :D But it's for my Geo Metro.. I want the Suzuki hood, not a Geo hood... Is there a difference with the headlights? ;\
Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:46 pm 

i will let everybody know this week.

I don't think that there is a differance in the headlights

will keep everybody posted and updated

thanks for the replys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:40 am 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

Descent-Boy@Juno.Com wrote:
I want one... :D But it's for my Geo Metro.. I want the Suzuki hood, not a Geo hood... Is there a difference with the headlights? ;\
Dave

Swift headlights are wider by about 3/4" someone did post a picture of a metro/sprint/firefly with a swift headlight, (you may want to search for it) and there was an overlap from the hood. If you swap Swift headlights (you may need a swift radiator support/headlight brackets, I'm not sure though) it shouldn't be a problem

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:39 am 

Going to the junk yard today... They have 1 swift there... LOL Hopefully it's intact mostly.

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:09 am 
smart@ss

wierd one wrote:
I am in contact with a supplier that is willing to make high quality carbon fiber hoods and any other parts that people want. Don't know what the price will be but he told me the more that want one the lower the price as like most group buys. If any one is interested contact me through pm or here is my email silicon_ghost@comcast.net

Brian

how much will they weigh? now how much does a stock hood weigh? I hope you're doing it for looks, not for weight reduction, althou I gotta admit, it would look damn sweet having a cf hood.

http://sierraclub.com/exxposeexxon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:51 pm 

If you guys get a price I wouldnt mind knowing it since it is one of the things next to build on Adam and my list of goodies for the store. Also send or post pics of what you'd like so I know what to build.

Cheers,
Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:49 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

crazyabdul wrote:
If you guys get a price I wouldnt mind knowing it since it is one of the things next to build on Adam and my list of goodies for the store. Also send or post pics of what you'd like so I know what to build.

Cheers,
Rick

hey rick, that's good to hear, a cf hood would kick butt, however, there's too many goodies available for a limited time w/ the group buys right now (well just dr. kuzuki's lexan windows) to get involved w/ anything else.
i've been talking a bunch w/ adam, & there are going to be tons of really cool goodies available through the webstore in the coming year
:D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:36 pm 

Ya, Adam and I have been talking and he seems to have a bunch of fiberglass goodies in mind for me to make. The hood did come up so it may be something he wants to pursue. He seems more stoked on the speaker pods I built, pillar gauge pods, and also some samuri stuff. The nice thing is once I build a mold he doesnt have to buy them and stock them, in fact I'd rather just build as he needs them since I will only have one set of molds for each item unless it happens to be a huge hit. Will also be working on a full body kit soon. Hopefully we can half the price of anyone out there.

Cheers,
Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:54 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

crazyabdul wrote:
Ya, Adam and I have been talking and he seems to have a bunch of fiberglass goodies in mind for me to make. The hood did come up so it may be something he wants to pursue. He seems more stoked on the speaker pods I built, pillar gauge pods, and also some samuri stuff. The nice thing is once I build a mold he doesnt have to buy them and stock them, in fact I'd rather just build as he needs them since I will only have one set of molds for each item unless it happens to be a huge hit. Will also be working on a full body kit soon. Hopefully we can half the price of anyone out there.

Cheers,
Rick

half the weight would be nice too, i wouldn't mind something that'd look fast & NOT slow the car down ...
until then i can still pretend to be a geo & mess w/ the honduhs ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:41 am 

for the hood i don't have to buty the mold and they will be made on demand. After the first few are made. I was just looking at a group buy that way the price would be cheaper for all. The mold will be owned buy a local peformance company that does some of the work to my car. They are also able to build anything out of carbon fiber. I am going to have a dash done and maybe a center console. If anybody is still interested then let me know i will in contact with the guy who is making them tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:45 pm 

I am interested as long as the price isn't too much to freight.
I am in OZ. I can get custom ones made for about AU$1500 how much are these goin to be roughly???

MOMO - TRUST - APEXi - eXedy - BRIDE - Redline Oil
Odyssey - Lightning Audio - Eclipse - Rockford Fosgate
NGK - Kumho - C-West - Autometer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:08 pm 

I WANT ONE!!!! :!: :shock: :!: what is the status...where do i go to give my money...will they ship to co. u.s.a. will it have any scoops or ducts etc...ok wierd one between me and you that is 2 sold hoods lets get this going...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:30 pm 
Suzuki Elder

crazyabdul,

rick, i'm still waiting for the pillar pods to hit the webstore. i've been looking for a triple gauge unit that will fit my vert.

best regards, richard

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:20 am 

will be talikng to the guy tomorrow and if everything fuys ok i will give every one that is seriously interested the number for they so they can call him and set up shipping and price. as of vents and things tahts for the people that want ont to decide because i was just going to go with a oem style, but if there is interest for other designs let me know because i sure it can be done. Also if any one has a hood that is perfect shape that they would like to donate that would be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:30 am 

I want one!!!

Errm, yeah im in the uk but will pay shipping :D

Let me know the number please

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:55 pm 

is this still on...what is the status? or is this just like the other little projects that get everyone hot then fade away....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:56 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

last time i checked in w/ adam, it was on the development list, probably a little ways away, but there should be a whole host of crazyabduls composite goodies on the webstore soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:04 pm 

it is still on just waiting to see if it is going to pop up in the web store and to see if i can get more people that want one. they have got to be really serious about wanting a hood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:53 pm 

I still want one, but will there be an option for a hood scoop?

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:10 pm 

You got that right- there will be a whole host of goodies on the webstore. There will be 3 new products real soon here, and lots to follow. Unfortunately developemnet time is long since I work full time elsewhere plus to the swift stuff plus home theatre. But there will be some fun items really soon.

Cheers,
Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:29 pm 

if you are maiking a hood then i will hold off for a while.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next