TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:19 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:04 pm 
Senior Swift Guru

Group buy price on Split second with internal map used to modify MAF signal - $320CDN

Price for base map on turbocharged GTis - $40 (additional a/f verification still needed, but should be close and provide an idea of areas that or of high concern).

I have a few people looking to buy the Split Second boxes already and figured all we need is a couple more for a group buy and everybody can save some dough. Future pricing will be to be announced with shipping/taxes to me and such but I would expect to cost at least another $30-50CDN in the future.

Anyways, the split second unit I am proposing for this group buy is the PSC1-001 which does exactly what the LINK and SAFC do, but instead of using the TPS signal for the 3d map, it utilizes an internal MAP pressure sensor to determine load. They do offer a PSC1-003 which is the TPS version which I've used with success on my turbo Swift, but I do believe the pressure sensor would just be the better way to go to determine load on turbocharged GTis. The 003 might be a little cheaper, and naturally aspirated would work just fine as well. Either case, if you're interested in either version let me know.

One other nice thing about the split second is that you can save multiple maps... gas mileage, race fuel, low boost, high boost etc. and just load them in depending on what you are going to be doing.

You do need to have access to a laptop, however even a desktop will work if you don't mind running to your house to load in changes. It's stored away under the dash where no one will see usually though so removal may be difficult and you do need to have access to the split second cover for programming.

The boxes can record the pressure signal and rpm, but unfortunately, you can not make changes real time. I can provide a rough base map for Turbine Tech turbo equipped GTis for $40CDN (or even home brew setups) but given that results will vary according to altitude and such, I would still reccomend doing final tuning on dyno or with a wideband o2 (5 wire sensor).

To see reference of Split second products and what they do http://www.splitsec.com

You can see why I absolutely reccomend such a device on any turbod GTi, go to this site here.

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechfuel.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:02 am 

do you have any idea on the pricing so far. the -003 model would probably be my preference due to cost mainly unless -001 comes with too-good-to-refuse price tag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:40 am 
Senior Swift Guru

Sorry, the pricing is in CDN funds (in first sentence of last post). I may actually change this to the 003 here as I was playing around with Eriks car on the weekend. 001 still works good, but at half throttle he was making 5 psi, and at full throttle, it was only 6psi. half throttle therefore was too rich, WOT just fine. It's just me being picky for daily driver. I know the TPS version works well for all situations, so I will just try and find a price on those instead. Should be cheaper and work better. I'll have to update the above paragraph.