TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:33 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:45 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

We're proud to announce that turbine Tech is now offering a complete set of upgraded brakes for the Swift Gt.
After years of research, trying to find out the ultimate brake setup, we've finally come out with something that put the gt's braking prowess in the same league as that as Indy car. These brakes have been tested with astoundishing results. Capable of stopping a 100km/h rolling swift in less than 100ft, those brakes are virtually impossible to fade. The large calipers and disks could handle a massive 4000lbs car with ease, let alone the swift.

By popular request, the final setup is now including drilled and slotted hi-performance rotors. The front calipers have a aluminum core to lessen unsprung weight. Actually, the front calipers weight only 1lbs more than the stock ones. Everything is a bolt-on and can be installed with no special tools other than the usual wrench and sockets. Rear calipers will fit any stock GT-Gti cables perfectly.

Our kit come complete with the following parts:

- Front/rear drilled/sloted rotors
- Front/rear factory overhauled calipers as per our specs
- Front/rear carbon pads
- New pads springs
- Laser cut spacers
- CNC'd shims & adapters
- Bolts & washers

**Warning, this setup require 15" and larger wheels**

- Make no mistake, this kit produce awesome braking power, no counting the fact that your car will look much better with the huge rotors.

- Expect a bit more pedal play due to the larger pistons. More play is necessary as it help to masterize the tremendous increase in braking power. Without play, brakes would lock at the slightest touch of the pedal all the time.

- The larger brakes work less and thus lessen overall wear of the rotors and pads, no more warping and fading. It will also reduce maintenance intervals.

Stock front brake VS upgraded kit. Notice how large the rotor is.
Stock rotor: 9.75"Dia Upgrade rotor: 11,00"Dia
Stock piston: 2.00"Dia Upgrade piston: 2.375"Dia (40% increase over stock)

Closer view of the front brakes with parts required for the setup. You can see the large aluminium caliper, brembo rotors, carbon pads, spacer and bolts.

Stock vs upgraded rear brakes. A picture speak thousand words.
Stock rotor: 9.20"Dia Upgrade rotor: 10.50"Dia
Stock piston: 1.10"Dia Upgrade piston: 1.38"Dia (55% increase over stock)

Closer view of the rear brakes with parts as follow: New, bigger calipers (complete with banjo bolt & handbrake support), Brembo rotors, carbon pads, caliper mounts, adaptor, bolts, etc..

Here is a picture of the front setup. Not sure it render the dimension well but believe me, those are beefier!

A picture of our test car with the bigger brakes. Keep in mind that those wheels are 16"

The kit is now for sale at $1795CAD. Shipping is not included. Allow 7-8 business days for fabrication and assembly. Some parts required for the setups are hard to find so please keep in mind that there may be a limited number of setups availlable.

For any request or infos, just drop us a mail.

info@turbinetech.ca

Jess

Last edited by Jardamuth on Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:28 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:17 pm 

Jess, the pics don't come out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:13 pm 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

Now those are sexy! :shock: But too bad they cost as much as a used swift :(. Guess they're for the hardcore racers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:49 pm 
Deadbeat
Deadbeat

yeah i wouldnt pay that much for brakes, maybe for a turbo kit but not brakes

like he said those are sexy

intake/header/exhaust/cams/pulley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:33 pm 

Jess how much for the front rotors alone?
But would it work to just install the front assembly alone without the rear?

I do not circuit race my car so to upgrade the brakes at all four corners would be overkill,

If not whats the best option for a brake upgrade?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:47 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

If you are going to upgrade the front alone, rear will not work anymore as the front calipers only need about 25% of the stock oil pressure to dead clamp the rotors. Having 100% front brakes and only 25% on the rear is not the best solution. It could work but would require a different or adjustable proprotioning valve.

Well, well, well, everybody was asking for drilled & slotted rotors! Those things doesn't come cheap! :cry: Some other sites are selling much smaller drilled/sloted rotors alone for something like $550CAD. You can start adding new custom calipers, carbon pads and misceleanous stuff on top of that, no counting all the R&D that was involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:19 am 

Jess, so when it is ready to be shipped out?????

Post subject: them brakes
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:31 am 

Jard' you have done very well, and the price is very reasonable. i love the kit, now to sell my roomates kids for the cash... HAHAHAH, jus kiddin.

these brakes show the true spirit of the gear head, if it ain't there, BUILD IT. great job jard.

-deizel

if you love it, that's enough for me.

Revolt, build, and rise above.

Metro, the NEW GTI.

If you use your head, ask a PRO, you can build anything you want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:53 pm 

that shows the ignorance of most young people. Who cares about brakes I want to make 1,000,000 horsepower. how are you going to stop all that power? the power should come last after better brakes and suspension. That is a very good price considering all the parts are there. the time saving of looking for parts is more than worth it. They might just save youre ass next time a deer appears in front of youre car :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:27 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

90sprintSC wrote:
that shows the ignorance of most young people. Who cares about brakes I want to make 1,000,000 horsepower. how are you going to stop all that power? the power should come last after better brakes and suspension. That is a very good price considering all the parts are there. the time saving of looking for parts is more than worth it. They might just save youre @ss next time a deer appears in front of youre car :twisted:

Ok, hum.. should I put you down for a set then? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:12 am 
Deadbeat
Deadbeat

"that shows the ignorance of most young people. Who cares about brakes I want to make 1,000,000 horsepower. how are you going to stop all that power?"

first, im not ignorant, and second, what power do i have that requires a big brake job, when the power calls for bigger brakes then thats the time to do it. my car will never make a large sum of hp nor do i want it to, i want it to be fast when i need it to be, not to be some full out racer

therefore i was a little offended by the stupid ignorant young people remark, dont know if you were being sarcastic or what, but just thought i would let you know that

intake/header/exhaust/cams/pulley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:04 pm 

I was comparing your list of components included in the kit to a page on making the rear disc conversion, and I noticed that there isn't too much of a difference. Is it possible to make the conversion directly to this kit? If so, have you considered offering this as a full conversion kit to those of us who don't already have rear discs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:27 am 
MuE Patient Zero/The Link Man

through speaking with Jess about this, you will still need the rear knuckle from an existing rear brake set-up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:59 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

As Mustard Says, you need the GT knuckles. Any 1.6 sedan knuckles will be perfect as well. The pages you're talking about are probably Iain's writeup about rear brake disk conversion. Altough the AWD saloon had rear CV joints, the knuckles had the same patern as that of a Gt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:20 pm 

If you build it, they will come...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:57 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

spt-3x1.0 wrote:
Im interested but how do i contact turbine tech? theres no # or contact info at end of article?

Bottom of the page... nice little banner... technically at the end of the article. :D

Chris

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42901&start=0