TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:09 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:15 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

aside from being a very functional performance piece and one of the simplest bolt on modifications you can make, it also replaces one of the ugliest rustiest parts on your engine with something shiny :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:50 pm 

did you say shiny?

I'm in, will that effect your A/C? it needs alot of power to run.

I was born at night,,,, but not last night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:06 am 

Take out your AC, and use your windows in the summer :!:
It saves over 40lbs from the front and front right of your car.

'94 Suzuki Swift g10 3tech stuff:Port&Polish,225/355 cam,11:1 CR, SS valves,+10 Cam gear,underdrive; K&N intake; LTLSU's Custom racing springs with Monroe struts (2" lower front, 0.5" lower back); 185/55/R14 Kumho Ecsta SPT tires on Eagle 040 rims; Stripped out interior and removed AC system

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:05 am 

I wouldn't take out my AC but that is a good question, will it affect the AC at all?
And another one... some people think its not a good thing to have a lightened underdrive pulley, why would they have reason to doubt it? Less stress on the engine right? Is there a bad effect from them?
Also, since I have all these Q's going on.. Do you have them in the blue?

Veilside bodykit, Custom taillights
1.0l engine, 38mm TB, head via 3-Tech.
Not finished yet! Will be very soon!
Check cars' profile for all mods!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/649549

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:19 pm 

will having subwoofers be affected by the underdrive pully at all?? because if so the subs are GONE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:51 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

you'll have to check with a voltmeter, at idle you may not be getting full juice from your alternator with the underdrive, you could bump up your idle a little bit when the stereo's running to compensate by wiring your stereo's 'power antenna/amp' signal line to your idle solenoid valve....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:52 pm 

I have pics of the underdrive next to my stock pulley, there is a big difference in weight and size. 3 tech pulley weighs less then 280 grams. The stock one is about 4 pounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:02 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i'm running under drive pulleys on my twincam and my turbo3, both have 55 amp alternators. i don't drop voltage on either of those with my idle set at 1,000 rpm. the charging voltage at idle is 12.8 volts and 14.5 volts at 4,000 rpm as indicated by my cyberdyne digital voltage gauge in the twin cam car, 12.5 at idle and 14.4 on the turbo3.

the under drive pulleys aren't a problem for the charging systems.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:06 am 

Hi there,

I'm not often here at this forum, but because of the new (better) camshaft that I'm getting very soon, I need the Aluminium underdrivepulley to compensate the loss of power in low revs (hope I'm saying it right).

Do You also ship to the netherlands (I'm a member of the Suzuki Tuning Club in Holland), I thought You did, because here a guy from the Suzuki Tuning Club already bought a few of them for the GT(i) in the past, correct me if I'm wrong.

I need to know how much it is going to cost me in total + shipping.

I need the one with the 4 holes. If it is possible to ship it to the netherlands, I will ask for more people who wants to get the underdrivepulley. (The more we need, the cheaper they are because of the shippingcost that can be devided under the people)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:04 am 

My underdrives are currently out of stock.
I am waiting for a quote from my supplier for an updated version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:44 pm 

What sort of "updates" are we looking at?

'94 Suzuki Swift g10 3tech stuff:Port&Polish,225/355 cam,11:1 CR, SS valves,+10 Cam gear,underdrive; K&N intake; LTLSU's Custom racing springs with Monroe struts (2" lower front, 0.5" lower back); 185/55/R14 Kumho Ecsta SPT tires on Eagle 040 rims; Stripped out interior and removed AC system

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:12 pm 
Teamswift Street Pharmacist

Is it an easy DIY mod? Could I do that in my alley without much mechanical knowledge for example? If it's the case, I'm buying one as soon as you receive a new batch of those shinny things =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:14 am 

any for an '87-88 chevy sprint 1.0L Turbo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:49 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

I'd pay extra for a flat face on the singles ! you wouldn't believe how much trouble it can be to get someone to mod one of the 'other' underdrives or lathe & balance a stock pulley so I can bolt/weld a crank trigger wheel to it. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:10 am 

n1tr0 wrote:
I'd pay extra for a flat face on the singles ! you wouldn't believe how much trouble it can be to get someone to mod one of the 'other' underdrives or lathe & balance a stock pulley so I can bolt/weld a crank trigger wheel to it. :x

Kris can you please explain what you mean by flat face. Are you talking about the pully just being flat if you were looking at it mounted on the motor, such as no taper or set down towards the center hole?

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:38 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

SprintDan wrote:
n1tr0 wrote:

Kris can you please explain what you mean by flat face. Are you talking about the pully just being flat if you were looking at it mounted on the motor, such as no taper or set down towards the center hole?

Dan

exactly .. a nice flat outer face, and preferrably not quite as small in diameter as adam's 20% under-driven pulleys as the standard 60-2 trigger wheels use a 4 bolt pattern that put's the mounting bolts right into the belt if you go too deep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:21 pm 

This is for a V or serp belt? If its for serp (I don't have V groove pulley to spec or compare). I'll see what I can do for you and all you want is a 10%- 15% underdrive. Simple plain aluminum underdrive with a bigger diametre so you can bolt your trigger ring to it, right? The serp belts are less likely to get tossed at higher Rpm.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:45 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

SprintDan wrote:
This is for a V or serp belt? If its for serp (I don't have V groove pulley to spec or compare). I'll see what I can do for you and all you want is a 10%- 15% underdrive. Simple plain aluminum underdrive with a bigger diametre so you can bolt your trigger ring to it, right? The serp belts are less likely to get tossed at higher Rpm.

Dan

v-belt, but I wouldn't mind upgrading to the ribbed belt, just need to find ribbed water pump and alternator pulleys to match .. if you're interested in actually making them, I'll try to get my parts back so I can give you some real dimensions, it would be great to have these parts available for stand-alone ecu conversions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:34 am 
a.k.a Bum head

n1tr0 wrote:
v-belt, but I wouldn't mind upgrading to the ribbed belt, just need to find ribbed water pump and alternator pulleys to match

Couldn't you just steal the pulleys off of an Mk2/3/4 car? I'm not sure what the water pump looks like, but even if you have to swap that to get the pulleys to align, all you need is the mounting brackets for an Mk2/3/4 alternator and you're done.

Right?

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:56 am 

Mk1 and MK2-MK3 water pumps are different. Mk1 is longer. The pullies might be the only difference in offset though. I'll see if I can dig one up out of my boxes.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:53 am 

Even if they are different, are they compatible *I know nothing about water pumps...* and would it cool better or worse if it were compatible... (MK1 vs 2).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:11 am 

whats the point in a 10% underdrive pulley? what are you going to gain? 1HP and 1TQ?

if sprintdan is making you one then fine, do whatever you want... but if you're asking for the 3tech pulleys to be 10% underdriven, then thats ridiculous.

I vote for blue anodized on the next batch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:06 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

the "underdrive" function of the pulley really isn't what gives you the "gains", at best you're just underpowering your electrical system & water pump at idle. the gains you can feel from the aluminum pulleys are almost entirely from the reduced rotating mass you're taking directly off the crank assembly, same as lightening your flywheel. it's roughly a pound lighter, I'm sure someone's actually used a scale to weigh the difference 'tho. single aluminum vs. stock double steel ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:08 pm 

1969Vette wrote:

I vote for blue anodized on the next batch.

Hard ano gun metal grey, as for weight stock is 2kg and underdrive is 260gr.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:03 pm 

SO are these actually being produced again? if so im in for one in blue :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next