TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:28 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:53 pm 

ok, this car is not much for a daily, so a hard idle is not a bad thing.

i will send you the cam with my order and let you know when i am sending it. at that time can you invoice me with the total and i will ship off the the mad cheddah and the old cam?

Post subject: HI
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:58 am 

Hi ive a rallycar with a G13B in it lot some head work pnp ect and higher compression, running set of r1 c arbs and fuill 2 1/4 exhaust !
Full competition bearing and arp bolts so no chance of bottom end going!

Was wondering what cams you could supply me not worried about fuel consumpsion or high idel as long as they give some big power gains!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:27 pm 

I would recomend my 210/340 cam profile.
You'll make awesome power in the 4500-8500 RPM range.

Post subject: Cam
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:55 pm 

Superf1y you have a pm.

Post subject: Re: Cam
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:08 pm 

Human Ills wrote:
Superf1y you have a pm.

and one from me too.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:18 am 

95_g105spd wrote:
On the 305/184 cam for the 3 cyl. metro on my 95 G10, aren't you loosing lift and duration with that one? I noticed on your store you have an economy grind, is that the one?
What are the specs of the XFi cam and how does it compare with the Economy cam ? :huh:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:09 am 

Search.
All the info is here, probably all in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:50 am 

suprf1y wrote:
Search.
All the info is here, probably all in this thread.
Haven't found the specs yet in my searching.... Not in this thread either. :huh:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:32 pm 

superfly i want to purchase the xfi economy cam grind for my 1998 1 cylinder metro ,i would want you to supply the core too,how much and how do i go about paying could you pm me or let me know how to contact you
thanks
johnb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:40 pm 
Sad but True...

you pm HIM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:30 am 

i've been looking for some better gas millage in my 91 three cylinder and i think some head work and a new cam would help. i was reading a thread on it earlier but the last post was from last year. who would i talk to about getting the economy head package? there was something about Mike on ebay but i can't find any performance heads for metros on there. anyway i am currently getting around 42mpg average, what kind of gains should i expect with the head work and cam swap? also i have a Gtech for testing power adders and such, and i am currently making about 40whp. if i decided to go for all out performance, what kind of power could i expect from that? and how much would that hurt gas millage? emissions are no concern, i'm just cheap and hungry for some serious 3 cylinder power AND DON'T KNOW WHICH WAY I SHOULD GO! however on one of the previous threads i read there was a guy who got the economy head/cam package and improved power 22% and millage 15%. maybe that would be a better all around package for me?

KNN Air Filter, Magnaflow exhaust, E3 spark plugs, Summit Racing 60k volt coil, MSD Spark Plug wires, Royal Purple full synthetic motor/tranny oil, Fitch fuel catalyst, run on Chevron 91 (premium)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:23 am 

The econo pkg is good for a few reasons.
It definitely improves efficiency, and the result is more power, and better fuel economy.
When you say all out performance, it really depends on what you are talking about.
If its just the head pkg, and maybe an exhaust, you won't see a huge difference either way.
In other words, efficiency will again be increased, but biased toward performance, not economy.
Will it affect MPG?
Yes, but not substantially.
When driven sensibly, it will still be quite good.
Click on the 3tech in my sig

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:11 pm 

yeah that's what led me to this website and it all looks good. so right now i have a 1.0L/automatic with a KNN air filter (soon to be a short ram intake), magnaflow exhaust, E3 spark plugs, mallory ignition coil, Royal Purple full synthetic motor/tranny oil, i installed a fitch fuel catalyst, run Chevron 91 and just replaced a lot of maintenance stuff (fuel filter, O2 sensor, cap, rotor, pcv valve, tranny filter and plug wires) by the way.....

where can i get some MSD wires for this car? i can't find them anywhere or even the boots to make my own.

i was also wondering about just getting the economy camshaft instead of the whole head. could i have your opinion on that?
hopefully soon i'd like to do some sort of hybrid conversion too. which would work best for that? for economy or performance? i am REALLY interested in either one.

and also i just bought a used WRX turbo for 50 bucks and want to run it on this car or buy another metro and run it on that. i'm sure i can get it to work by switching housings and adjustments but would you have any recommendations for that? sorry about all the questions. i'm new to the Metro "family" and want to become more familiar.

KNN Air Filter, Magnaflow exhaust, E3 spark plugs, Summit Racing 60k volt coil, MSD Spark Plug wires, Royal Purple full synthetic motor/tranny oil, Fitch fuel catalyst, run on Chevron 91 (premium)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:34 pm 

Quote:
i was also wondering about just getting the economy camshaft instead of the whole head. could i have your opinion on that?

Its probably the best choice considering your car ias an auto.
It works best with the +10 sprocket.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:45 pm 

suprf1y wrote:
Quote:

Its probably the best choice considering your car ias an auto.
It works best with the +10 sprocket.
Which sprocket works best for manual transmission cars ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:58 pm 
Sad but True...

well you want a +10 for an auto because it favors the low rpms the most. manual you can use a 6,8 or 10 really. the bigger the number the lower the powerband is.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:00 am 

now realistically, what kind of millage improvement can i expect from doing just the cam and +10? and how much $ would that set me back?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:12 am 
Sad but True...

well considering its mostly a performance upgrade and it should be noticable, for the first few tanks you probably wont gain mpgs :D

however, with your powerband being a little lower, mpg increases WILL happen. how much depends on your foot, and all other driving conditions. but you asked for a number so ill pull one out of my ass. the +10 if driven the same as before, could be worth maybe 1.5-2mpg? maybe thats a bloated number, I wouldnt expect more than that

mileage cam, im not sure, theres been a few guys claiming some numbers after swapping some stuff in. im not much of an mpg guy at this point though :p

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am 

$225 for the pair, shipped.
I don't make mileage, or horsepower claims. There are too many variables for me to do that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:54 pm 

alright thanks guys. i have to think if i will go with that or just get the whole head for about $400. my biggest concern is if it will still pass smog here in Nevada. and i won't know till i try i guess......but this is my little get around car and i would like to squeeze every last mpg i can out of it even though it's an automatic. and hopefully find a 4 cylinder in decent condition to put a turbo on. i just bought my friends stock WRX turbo for $50 :D and i want to put it on a different car so i don't hurt my millage. i still have to do some research on how much these little motors can hold, both the 3 and 4 cylinder just in case i get so anxious i can't wait for a 4 cylinder hahaha

would you guys no of any chips or anything of that sort for a 91 tbi set up that actually work? all i hear of are these scams on ebay and stuff. is there any decent way to trip the computer for better millage?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:16 pm 

swift13b wrote:
well considering its mostly a performance upgrade and it should be noticable,
It depends upon WHICH camshaft he chooses.

If he chooses the Economy(XFi) camshaft and 10 degree gear, it "
should"
net 7-8 MPG INCREASE highway. It would then be basically the SAME as a XFi engine (minus 1-set of piston rings) and adding a 10 degree ADVANCE gear.

The only real difference then (efficiency wise) between his base model and an XFi would be the final drive ration. 4:10 (Base model) Vs 3.79 (XFi). 3.79 is only a 7.52% decrease from 4.10s effectively only dropping engine RPMs about 100 RPMs at 65 MPH.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:10 pm 
Sad but True...

yeah but you gain fuel economy because of power gains aswell, check out the doc file. shows dyno info. its on here somewhere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:17 pm 

I'm playing with desktop dyno and would like to know some more specs for a stock G10 cam. Ideally the intake and exhaust open and close points at 0.050" would be best or alternatively Lobe center angle (in cam degrees) and Intake centerline (in crank degrees) would do.

I got the lift and duration from earlier posts 198* and 0.330", but that's only part of the specs needed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:50 am 

I have developed a new cam for the G13/G16 16V SOHC.

206 degrees duration at .050" on the intake, with .370" lift
210 degrees duration at ,050" on the exhaust with .370" lift.

This is a very aggressive cam for the G13, and slightly less so for the G16.
Probably will not work without setting a code on the OBD II cars, but would pull strongly past the fuel cut anyway.
Should work OK with the OBD I, and G16 without problems.
This is a very high lift cam for the application, with generous duration on the intake side.
The exhaust is a good compliment.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:37 am 

Most of my driving is around 65 MPH - 3400-3450 RPMs according to the tach. I'd love to have more torque in that range to help with the hills I have to drive over back and forth to work. I RARELY rev my motor past this amount. I usually shift no higher than 2500 RPMs in any gear.

Which cam would best add torque in this RPM range? I have already bought a +10 cam gear from you BTW. Timing is currently set at +10 advance with 87 octane and platinum plugs gapped at .039" each.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next