TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:04 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:16 am 
Teamswift Racer

After successful testing I can now offer custom input shafts, 1st and 2nd gears to suit the mk2/3 1.3/1.0 manual tranny, these are intended for N/A racers who want closer ratio's for autocrossing, hillclimbs, circuit racing.

The input shaft is a complete new shaft with different 1st and 2nd gears cut, the 1st and 2nd gears on the countershaft are original suzuki gears with the old teeth cut off and new gears pressed on and welded, they are at least as strong as the originals, to make completely new gears would involve milling the synchro teeth which is uneconomical. The new gears are straight cut so they are slightly stronger and also puts less strain on the casing but they are a bit noisey on a road car.

The ratio's are 2.55 for 1st gear and 1.789 for 2nd, they can be used with either a standard 3rd,4th and 5th gear or Jap/UK/Aus/NZ gti gears, a 4.389 final drive will need to be used.

I haven't run these gears in a standard mk2 road car to see what how much improvement it makes over standard gears but in my own race car these gears shaved 2 secs off a 44 second 'increasing circles' motorkhana test which is mostly 1st and occassionally 2nd gear.

Cost is NZ$2500 + postage, if paying by paypall you will need to add 4% to cover paypal fees.
Use http://www.gocurrency.com/ to find out the cost in your currency.
Can possibly do other ratio's by request.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:49 pm 

I have run these gears on the street with 4.4 final .They are great. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:06 am 
Teamswift Racer

boondogle wrote:
I have run these gears on the street with 4.4 final .They are great. :D

:D Yes well I must thank you for your input, comittment and patience because this project may not of happened without your help.

I should point out the gears are made to order, takes about 6 weeks to get them made.
FYI I am not making much profit on these, it's enough to cover my running around expenses, it's more of a service for fellow swift racers, there is a discount from my gearcutter for multiple orders.

Essentially these gears will give you nice close gaps between 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear and normal gaps to 4th and 5th, because the gear ratio's are closer together the synchro's work faster making gear changes quicker which means you can change from 2nd into 1st at any speed :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:50 pm 

More information is available here:
http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewtop ... 15&t=27792