TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:00 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:50 pm 
Senior Swift Guru

Well as many of you know, I've come down to Quebec with Jess for a short time before I go back to school and my beloved wife. Jess's skills as a fabricator are second to none that I've seen so far.... even competing with the big name companies like HKS in quality and design.

We don't believe that there is simply one turbo that will fit all applications, and as such, we have flanges for just about every turbo out there, and can generally build to most any turbo that you would need. We have of course taken time to research the best turbo options for each application, and we have a good variety of new and rebuilt turbos that we offer to suit present and future needs.

We offer everything for your turbo needs... including fuel control, BOVs, wastegates, manifolds (all made out of schedule 40 mild or stainless steel), engines, intercoolers, variety of new and rebuilt turbos, etc.

We even offer some of the beefiest structural braces on the market to help stiffen up the weak Swift chassis. These include front upper and lower, as well as the rear brace.

Also, I should note that if you like what you see, and have another project that you think we should do... let us know. We require setting up proper jigs for each project, so if you can manage a group buy on a new car... it will go a long way to making it all happen.

The following are links we've set up to help the consumer. Please keep in mind that these are only temporary pages that I put up until the web guy gets his butt in gear and finishes design of the permanent web site. The background images are not what they should be, and you'll have to excuse my grammar at times and the odd spelling mistake until the final versions. Information may change by the time it hits our permanent site and any time in between. :) For a rough draft, it should really help those who've been thinking about any of the products.

Some basic reccomendations for set up and considerations of turbocharged Swifts- something that I've wanted to finish for a very long time anyway. Just in point form.

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechturbogt.htm

Why you need the fuel components we reccomend.

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechfuel.htm

Manifolds- differences and what we offer

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechmani.htm

Engines and Components. Complete race ready engines, or just a modified fuel rail.

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechec1.htm

You want to make your own manifold and don't have the flanges? We have those and can draft anything that we don't have that you need.

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechflange.htm

The body braces.... only one shown is the underbody brace. Just need to grab the pictures of the other types, so check back for those changes.

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechbrace.htm

We also offer complete turbo kits of course, however that page needs a few additional corrections. I will make those soon and post them up.

Enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:25 am 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

Thanks a lot for the write-up Bud. Our website will be up and running very soon indeed but it's nice to have some info in the meantime.

For those wanting complete turbo setups and for the backyard fabricator wanting the main parts for getting started, here is the link for the turbo kits.

Get boost or perish

Cheers!

Jess

Last edited by Jardamuth on Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:43 am 

Hey you guys are simply great!

Hi Jess, I am still waiting to get the underbrace from you. Any luck with the harness bar? How about some skid plates for under the body as well? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:52 am 

As usual very good write up
i'm waiting to see the website....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:41 am 

Jar i read over most of the links above and i do belive that the prices that you have there are DAMN good more and more turbo gtis will be on the road with those set ups ....also the write up is excellent..... i'm really considering your equal length manifold and lower brace..... :wink:

I'm going to link this page in my wheelsjamaica site so that the guys down here can get to see your work.....

Keep it up man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:36 am 

Beautiful !
Now, what happens with the A/C radiator ? My car comes from factory with A/C !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:25 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

Sorry if my answer shocks you but I don't believe that A/C and performance cars get along well. There is already enought heat to handle from a properly tuned turbo setup without adding the burden of A/C in the system. Ence why we never bothered to put time, money and R&D into a/c turbo setups. You want to make the best possible install and all the hardware, increased piping lenght and bents make the whole install a bliming nightmare. No counting the special turbo manifold required for the anckward turbo placement.
If I were you, I would make the Gt a big favor by throwing away just about everything that's a/c related. Shave 70lbs off of the car, freed a couple of ponies and sweat like a man! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:30 am 

do they sell cams?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:38 pm 

If you guys are still looking for a website and/or web hosting, I could probably help you out. I have my own collocated (nice and fast) webserver on a very fast backbone. I could offer you space and bandwidth (and maybe some web development help) if you need it. Email me at hooz @ hooz.org (remove the spaces, obviously) if you're interested.

Hell... For that matter, maybe I should host Teamswift.net too since I've been spending so much time here lately ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:48 pm 
im sure i coulda found this out another way but i find this way easier :P i'm assuming u guys are canadian since most stuff is in canadian prices just wondering where you guys are located maybe i could pay a visit cause u guys got some great shit that i want :D thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:39 am 

how do i get in contact with turbiteck? iv seen there lower boost turbo kits on line and wont to get hold of one can any one point me in the right direction :D

Post subject: Camry turbo manifold
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:15 pm 

Hey, I don't own a suzuki...but please don't hate me. You said that you could manufacture turbo manifolds for many different engine. I was wondering if you could possibly give me a price quote for a non-equal length Garret T3 turbo compatible turbo manifold for a 5sfe 2.2L 4cyl '99 toyota camry engine, or possibly an email address or phone number where i could contact you guys. Thanks. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:17 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

We can make manifolds to just about any machine on earth including the space shuttle :wink:

you can contact us at: info(a)turbinetech.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:04 am 

hello..
there are three different headers,
which turbo fits on each header?

thx //Sebb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:45 am 
Senior Swift Guru

We have flanges for just about any turbo you need, and many turbos to choose from. The benefit of doing the work yourself is you don't have to be stuck with one kit for all. It will depend on your goal for ultimate reccomendations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:50 am 

okey...nice

Another problem ;(
i live in Sweden... If i want one of your Turbokit, is it possible for you to shipp it to sweden!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:43 am 
Senior Swift Guru

we ship worldwide, shipping costs go up for overseas of course. Some services I would think about avoiding and spending the little extra as they can take over two months to arrive for the cheapest service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:26 pm 
Deadbeat
Deadbeat

you guys should make a header for the 1.3l 16v sohc engine, i think there would be a few interests including my self

intake/header/exhaust/cams/pulley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:35 pm 

whattheeee wrote:
we ship worldwide, shipping costs go up for overseas of course. Some services I would think about avoiding and spending the little extra as they can take over two months to arrive for the cheapest service.

okey, sound good.
so, do you know how much it is to send a package whit a header, turbo, oil cooler...?

thx
GtiSebb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:23 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

Website is now up and running. Still need little things but most of the important stuff is there.

I must say that translating a complete website in two languages is a real pain.

Enjoy! 8)

http://www.turbinetech.ca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:35 pm 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

I had a chance to look at it a few days ago, it looks great! You're company logo is really cool too. 8)

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:50 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

Very nice to the eye! Did you folks design the site yourself or did you contract someone to do the work? (Edit... yes... someone else did do the design... and it's still very nice to look at.) :shock:

Couldn't help but notice the 'Disclaimer' section as well... heh heh... I doubt it if you missed anything in it. :lol:

Might want to check on the 'Projects' section. Clicking on any of the three selections results in nothing happening. Probably still under construction.

Chris

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42901&start=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:04 pm 

Quote:
Website is now up and running

Nice job.
Looks good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:29 pm 

Does the turbo setup show in this thread work for the 97 Geo Metro LSi?

I'm very interested in buying one of these for my metro, I want to make a sleeper :-P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:01 am 

whattheeee wrote:
Some basic reccomendations for set up and considerations of turbocharged Swifts- something that I've wanted to finish for a very long time anyway. Just in point form.

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechturbogt.htm

Why you need the fuel components we reccomend.

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechfuel.htm

Manifolds- differences and what we offer

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechmani.htm

Engines and Components. Complete race ready engines, or just a modified fuel rail.

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechec1.htm

You want to make your own manifold and don't have the flanges? We have those and can draft anything that we don't have that you need.

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechflange.htm

The body braces.... only one shown is the underbody brace. Just need to grab the pictures of the other types, so check back for those changes.

http://www.teamswift.net/~kyle/ttechbrace.htm

We also offer complete turbo kits of course, however that page needs a few additional corrections. I will make those soon and post them up.

Enjoy.

hi, the links dont work at the moment. can anyone tell me where i can find those infos?