TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:32 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:11 am 

Im from England and put in an order of parts costing $1000 over a week ago, the money has been taken from my account, ive recieved no conformation of the order to say parts are on the shelf,been made or been sent! they havent replied to any emails either, hope to hear from them soon! think the customer service needs improving!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:22 pm 

try this number

786-264-1706

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:17 am 

Problem solved! email system was down and had a small prob with paypal!
got a email today saying parts are on the way!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:30 pm 

Ah heck, I don't have anything better to do... Might as well leave my experience...

Slow as nails, poor communication, shipping time was good, did I mention bad communication and pooooor communication.

Lets see... I had to pester them until they said oh yeah we need your old one first... Umm... They were sick, then they went off someplace racing... :roll:

I got the following:

4-1 extractor, I have to grind it down and reweld it, it's made out of regular joe steel and the chrome job is crap... So I'm looking at having to send it off to BC to get ceramic coated after I finish it's production. Sloppy craftsmanship overall, but salvagable.

47mm bored TB, checked it with a caliper and it's 46.8mm just if anyone wants to know. Looks like a straight bore job and a bigger butterfly shoved in. It's nice and clean and all there.

The packaging job was good, the box got smacked around during shipment, and nothing was damaged.

While not an excellent experience, it wasn't completely horrible, only took for bloody ever and lots of umm what's up. :|

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:17 pm 
Village Idiot

how to get an efi setup

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:06 pm 

I guess i'll throw in my experience. I ordered a header and ud pulley for my 1.0 last month. I received an order confirmation 3 days later. That same day he called me on the phone to just double check on my order. He then told me that the header that i had ordered (with o2 bung, without bolt on flange) was out of stock, but that he did have a header that another customer had ordered specifically for his metro rally car, the customer then proceded to total the car so he had no need for the header. SRD told me that he would give me this header, it had a bolt on flange but was not chromed, for the same price, so i said ok. In 4 days the header and pulley were sitting on my front porch.

The packaging was excellent and the craftsmenship also seems top notch. I also appreciate him calling me instead of just emailing me.

So SRD gets an A+++++++ from me and i will definately purchase from him again.

2014 BRZ Limited in WRB - The car payment

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:46 am 

I also have nothing but praise for suzukird.com

I have brought several things from them and have all arrived in resonably time in top condition. Also I am from Australia, so buying inter-country is risky. But I am pleased and WIll buy again

David

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:37 pm 

Wow the more I hear I definantly think it's a hit or miss, roll the die, kind of shop.

I never got a call, I waited about 3 months to get my parts. I called them, several times, emailed...

I got a watershed of excuses ranging from: "We went racing for a couple of weeks." all the way to: "The whole shop has had the since we got back.". Best part was I asked what the hang up was since according to them they had a header ready to go, they then told me they needed a core for the TB, same core, that said no core charge on the bill... then he told me it would be $300 for them to send it. :roll:

Want to know what they had sitting waiting for me:

image_id: 14447
image_id: 14448
image_id: 14446
image_id: 14449
image_id: 14450
image_id: 14451

It's regular steel, with crush bends, and a lousy single pass chrome job(I had spots where the steel is bare, of the chrome is just barely coating it, there is rust creeping from the spot where the pipes join to form the collector.

$600 is what this piece is going to cost me at the end of the day. Considering their history and their behavour during this transaction I didn't even bother, why would I, when all I'd get is 30% restocking fee and a nice $40 or $50 hit sending it back as well. :blackeye:

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:11 pm 

I just had another great experience with Suzukird.com. It had a chance to go really bad as they ended up with a bad batch of clutch covers. I called Andy, he went over a couple of possibilities that could be causing my problem over the phone. After determining that the clutch cover was possibly defective, he sent me another one out at his expense even before getting the first one back and examining it. I bought an aluminum flywheel also to make sure the second clutch/pressure plate would fit properly and he did not charge me for that shipping even though it was shipped at a different time. He bent over backwards to make sure I got what I wanted. I will absolutely continue to deal with Andy and look forward to modding my car with their help.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:38 am 

I recently purchased an underdrive pulley from them, recieved it very promptly, it looks excellent, I havent installed it yet but when I do will let u know if it works as claimed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 am 

i agree a load of bolloks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:55 am 

I paid on the a Sunday and sent a message about the shipping costs being to high but if they sent it promptly i wouldn't mind the cost. I called them on Monday or Tuesday that same week about getting it shipped to me for my last race, but they couldn't talk because they were loading an engine into a truck....so i hear back from them on that same week on Thursday saying they needed to back-order the under drive pulley... okay no problem I knew I would be lucky to even get a response that week from them, He felt bad but promised it would be out by the Tuesday next week.

I had been busy lately and didn't take to much attention to the order, but i finally received it on November.12th/13th.
Now I was a little shocked that it took that long but because race season was over i wasn't to worried.

What really bothered me was noticing the shipment date....October.30th...to top it off i noticed the shipping and fee's were only 21.38usd$. I paid and wrote 2 emails one for the site and one from my personal address to clarify shipping costs. I paid 43usd$ to received a package that got shipped 26days after i paid, but 17days after they said they would the date they promised it would be shipped out on. To only receive the package with regular post and charged 21.62usd$ extra and not be notified of anything that's going on. No bad blood just disappointing.

Item Amount:
$117.30 USD
Shipping:
$43.00 USD
Handling:
$0.00 USD
Quantity:
Item Title:
Suzuki Swift Racing Parts - Performance Parts by Suzuki Racing Development
Item Number:
Aluminum Underdrive Single Pulley , Blaster 2 Coil
Date:
Oct 4, 2009
Time:
00:19:18 PDT
Completed

I sent an email, and if i recieve the refunded amount than all is well. Im just bothered by the late shipment and extra charges with no notification what so ever.

Mike.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:00 am 

oh and this was for an under drive pulley and blaster coil weighing 2lbs 9oz in a 10x6x2 box from florida to vancouver.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:04 am 

Interesting there isn't a edit button here and i didn't add the date in the first post. Sunday the 4th of october is the day the transaction started.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:06 pm 

skatergrl_27 wrote:
thanks for the support I really apreciate it.

Heres more props to skater & to the ode "our paying customer is always right"
If I were a business owner with little hope of finding liquid capital should the worse happen during our the global economys short-fall it would be in my best interest to take a small loss in shipping/restocking and hope that the ease of this process enabled me to have return business from a satisfied customer. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:34 am 

I have the same bad situation with them so far, hopefully there will be something good to say in the future, been two weeks and not a word from them, my order is still pending, no email response at all

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:05 pm 

I've got two words for anyone thinking of buying from Suzukird, STAY AWAY, I have an open case, no tracking number for three weeks, very lame excuses, and they deleted access to my account when they knew I wanted to cancel the transaction. Suzukird go and rip off some other group, not car enthusiasts trying to make reliable transportation. They don't sell on Ebay cause their rating would be all negative.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:47 am 

I went to their site to purchase an aluminum underdrive pulley. The shipping from where they are to Florida was quoted as US$50 and the package weight as 5lbs. Now somebody stop me but the OEM pulley is around 5lbs or maybe less, and I definitely know that a 5lb package (if it is calculated look, I'm retarded by volume and not weight) NO WAY IN HELL costs $50 to ship within the USA.

I did not even finish the order before I left their site.

2010 Suzuki Jimny - The DD Workhorse!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:10 pm 

where can i get a lightweight underdrive pully that will actually send it to me in a reasonable amount of time

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 pm 

I have been reading these post about skatergirl. can you guy really feel that upset about a girl being angry about your faulty promises? she did give you the money after all. how MAD would you be if you spent your hard earned money and recieved nothing?????? if you know your product would take longer why not PACTICE"GOOD BUISNESS" and say so and, not string along the customer. That sounds more like a swindler then a buisness man. why would you think your not resposible for your product? if it's broken,cracked,wrong color,wrong part,NOT BEING DELIVER ANYTIME SOON,etc... if you been in buisness soo long and, have knowledge of what your dealing with. THEN THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEMS WITH THE PARTS. hay, people make mistakes, you should just suck it up even if it does come out the pockets. after all it's your wrong that is being fixed not the customers "GOOD BUISNESS"! after all......happy customers always return, hahaha and spend more money.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:43 pm 

CAN SOMEONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR A LIGHT WIEGHT ALTERNATOR, AND WATER PUMP PULLY IN THE U.S.????? HELP!!! WISH SRD WOULD STOCK SUCH PRODUCTS.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:07 am 
Suzuki Elder

try looking in the for sale section under posts by strider. i think he had some made up. he's in malaysia.

the only north american source i've seen for lightweight water pump and alternator drive pulleys has been a canadian ultralight plane outfit but their pulleys had diameters that were optimized for steady state, fairly low rpm operation and they wouldn't be suitable for an automobile, especially at higher revs.

as far as mass goes, reducing weight on the mentioned pulleys doesn't do much. the alternator's drive resistance far outstrips the minimal mass of it's pulley. it's pretty much the same deal on the water pump. it takes a bunch more power to actually drive the impeller than it does to overcome the fairly light mass of the oem pulley.

if you trade the oem pulleys for custom aluminum ones, it will be an appearance thing more than a performance thing. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II