TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:26 pm 
banned

fordem wrote:
fordem wrote:
RETURNS & CANCELLATIONS
Unused, uninstalled items, or items determined to be defective, may be returned within 20 days from the date of purchase only if an RGA has been issued by Suzuki Racing Development. All sales are final. Non of our items are returnable or refundable under any circumstances. An RGA maybe be issued in certain cases where Suzuki Racing Development authorizes a return, refund or exchange. All returns will be charged a 30% re-stocking fee. You must contact us via email and request for your case to be reviewed. RGA numbers expire 15 days after they are issued. Items returned without an RGA number or using an expired RGA number will be refused.

Taken directly from the website - no mention of a cancellation fee. Restocking of returned product is distinctly different to cancellation of unshipped product.

The reason for the apparent double post - the first one is unedited in any way, my comments appear only in the second.

I invite you to visit the site and see for yourself, and draw your own conclusions before Suzuki Racing Development gets around to making changes.

Thats not the issue ATM though, they charged her a restocking fee for a part they didn't even make or have in stock. Thats obsurd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:28 pm 

I have ordered parts from suzukird and found them easy to work with. They were willing to work with me to solve the problem I had. I would order from them again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:41 pm 

Casey wrote:
Thats not the issue ATM though, they charged her a restocking fee for a part they didn't even make or have in stock. Thats obsurd.

Actually it is - they are justifying the 30% cancellation fee based on the fact that it is "clearly stated in the webstore policies, so it is not actually a re-stocking fee but a cancellation fee."

My point, quite simply, is that no such thing is stated in the webstore policies.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:44 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

fordem wrote:
Casey wrote:

Actually it is - they are justifying the 30% cancellation fee based on the fact that it is "clearly stated in the webstore policies, so it is not actually a re-stocking fee but a cancellation fee."

My point, quite simply, is that no such thing is stated in the webstore policies.

&
Nowhere wrote:
A hypothetical situation for a reference to future transactions:

Part "A" is ordered by customer "Z"

Said part "A" is backordered.

Customer is notified and is given the same information YOU (company) have at your disposal (backorder information).

Customer "Z" finds the information unacceptable.

Customer "Z" does not want said part "A"

Is a 30% restock defaultly issued?

both very good points, sounds like there needs to be some revisions made to the suzukird webstore policy language .. & not informing a customer of a backorder/problems/delays is really poor business .. considering all the good reviews suzukird.com has recieved in the past, this is really dissapointing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:25 pm 

^^ true, and along those lines, people who HAVEN'T done business with them, should be staying out of this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:17 pm 

skatergrl_27 wrote:
They rip you off. Let me tell you the story......
First off I order a header from them and the adjustable cam gears. I watched and waited for 2 weeks and my order wasn't shipped. I was getting kind of mad so I emailed them. They told me there vendor sold them the wrong metal for the cam gears and they would be done later that week. They never emailed me earlier to tell me this is what was going on they just had me wait and wonder and made ME contact them! So they told me I could go ahead and ship the header that day and wait for the cam gears. So I had them ship me the header because I really wanted to get going on my car. They said they would ship the cam gears out as soon as they were done at no extra charge. So during this time I had to wait for the cam gears I decided I didn't want them anymore and wanted a refund back. Mind you they never shipped me my cam gears or anything. So I wanted my money back and they told me they would charge me a 30% restock fee! They never shipped anything to me but i still have to pay a restock fee?? So they said I could do an exchange and I said fine I wanted H&R lowering springs and the 52mm throttle body exchange. They told me there would be a 2-3 week wait on the springs due to backorder. I understand not everything can be in stock so I said that was fine I would wait for the springs and I still wanted the throttle body and springs. Today they sent me an email telling me they wanted to charge me more money for shipping! I had already paid $24 shipping on my header and cam gears and here they wanted to charge me $30 more for shipping! So I said I already paid shipping. Then I got an email back saying that because of my negative attitutde they didnt want to process my exchange anymore and they they are going to charge me the 30% restock fee and give me my money back. RIP OFF! Dont buy from them they DO NOT care at all about customer service they only care about taking your money!

Would you have rather them make the gears out of an inferrior material which could cause a failure and possibly do damage to your motor just so you don't have a delay in getting your gears?? You have to remember no Suzuki related vendor I know of has a million dollars in stock just sitting there waiting to be sold. Parts need to be made and if there is even a slight delay with one item it can throw off manufacturing and shipping dates completely. This goes for all the vendors. I've had parts delayed for various reasons and this caused shipping delays for the customer. I could possibly say the same thing for Jess and Mike. If one of their suppliers are out of stock for material then there parts can be delayed as well. It happens to everyone.

As for shipping, I can see a headder costing $24 to ship and seeing that the cam gears weight so little they would have probably gone into the same box. It's called combining shipments. I do it all the time. Because of the delay he offered to ship the gears free of charge to help smooth things out. Now you wanted a set of springs and a Tb which is a heavier shipment than a set of gears and you don't understand why there would be extra shipping. Weight costs to ship plain and simple. As for people looking up shipping costs, are you looking for regular shipping, airmail shipping, express shipping etc... do you know what service he uses. He could be using USPS, UPS, FedEx etc... they all charge different rates. Now how about packaging materials and labeling or gas to drop the package off, They all cost money so that has to be taken into account as well. There are variables here that the average person dosen't know but everyone has an opinion about what has gone down with this transaction and ths has already formed an opinion about who was right and who was wrong here. I don't know all the details and I won't form an opinion about what went down. I've done lots of business with Suzukird and it's all been good.

The re-stocking fee, it's a good thing and a bad thing. I've had people order up a ton of parts from me only to say they didn't want it anymore and they wanted their money back. It's a waste of time and effort and a re-stocking fee helps discourage people from ordering parts that they don't really want. Applying it to this dose have it's merrits. He's already paid his machinist to make the parts so he's out that expense because she didn't want to wait because of the material problem. Now a 30% is rather high but if it discourages people from returning or cancelling orders then it's something to be aware of.

I hope everyone comes away from this without any hard feelings, I don't like to see anyone in our community upset about any vendor. There very far and few to loose anyone else. The best of luck to everyone involved.

Post subject: purchase
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:18 pm 

i have just purchased a product from them. i will let everyone know how it goes. so far they have been amazing with communicating with me, fast replies and very helpful advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:28 pm 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

Sounds like just one of those things that just go wrong. There's good and bad opinions flying. SuzukiRD.com needs a post in the feedback section. I vote everyone shares their experiences there, where it's designated. Both good and bad.... So we can get a better idea of how things are. I trust Bigbear's opinion tho. Seems suzukird has solved the problem, and everyone is (should be) happy. I smell no scam here, just a good thing gone bad. Happens. But again, let's fill the feedback section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:16 am 

Well, I worked with Andy personally through the design, prototype & into manufacture of the 16v SOHC G13B header. I have called him & he has called me many times and talked for hours about business and all sorts of track and tons of other subjects. Andy saved me over a hundred US dollars by recommending that I go with their header design rather than take a chance with my own design. He could have made way more money but insisted I save my money for other parts. I will be visiting their shop next March and spending the day with Andy & his brother. I was personally invited to stay with them while I was in Florida but I already have Hotel reservations in Miami for the time I will be there.

I highly recommend these guys as they have given me personal attention, excellent customer service, worked with me on litterly last minute changes and kept me up to date with emails and phone calls on the progress of the prototype header that now resides on my '00 LSi. How many other shops will email or call you weeks or months later to see how your project is coming along? Andy has & that is why I would go back to him & his shop for any Swift or Scion part that I would need.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:21 am 

skatergrl_27 wrote:
... I paid $24 for two things to get shipped to me and I only got one. I know it doesn't cost $24 to ship a header...

Ha ha ha, go hit that bottle again. My header had a US postage slip on it for $26 & some change to ship from Miami to Minneapolis Minnesota. :bong: Thats very real for $24 to ship to Iowa for that large of a box.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:24 am 

I'm happy to see the positive feedback is finally coming....like I said before....suzukird.com is no scam and they do offer a personalized service like WEOH mentioned. I sincerely hope that this doesn't discourage anyone here from making further sales....

Cheers ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:09 am 
I have also personally dealt with alex at suzukird.com

I have nothing but good things to say about him. He was prompt to answer my emails. I am working with him on the sohc intake adapter plate to mate with the dohc head.

Like i said. A+ Guy. No problems here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:10 pm 

i just recieved my parts from them and they seemed really easy to deal with. it took a while to get them but that was my fault. other then that i have no problem with them and plan to do business with them in the future.

Post subject: suzuki rd
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:48 pm 

I've ordered from them and i have to say that they were great. Their customer service was amazing, i received quick repies to all my emails. They gave me very helpful advice, product was shipped promptly and was packaged very well. I would recommend them to everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:52 pm 
Deadbeat
Deadbeat

i ordered my 16 valve sohc header from them. they had it built and shipped to my door within a week. they are very nice and great to deal with. they website is a dream come true. it has literally everything. if you dont trust this company then thats your lose

intake/header/exhaust/cams/pulley

Post subject: suzukird
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:26 pm 

i think that suzuki rd was doing all they could they couldn't help a delay in shipping it happens all the time plus you wanted too different shipments out if you qwould have made up your mind and had two different shipments and just had it sent out in one package it wouldn't have beeen so much have patience... this has not changed my opinion of suzuki rd and i am interested in purchasing a header for my 8 valver.

Post subject: Re: suzukird
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:25 am 

gsr-swift wrote:
i think that suzuki rd was doing all they could they couldn't help a delay in shipping it happens all the time plus you wanted too different shipments out if you qwould have made up your mind and had two different shipments and just had it sent out in one package it wouldn't have beeen so much have patience... this has not changed my opinion of suzuki rd and i am interested in purchasing a header for my 8 valver.

Keep us posted on this - they are the only people I've seen offering one, and I'd like to know how it works

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:39 pm 

i will keep posts i have to save for it it will be like 300 dollers after the exchange rate and shipping in canadian funds LOL no one else makes a header and it wouldn't be any cheaper to just buy a header and modify it. ie civic header or even a samauri header?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:39 pm 

I've bought 2 headers from these folks... due to various glitches in manufacturing and shipping my parts were an average of 2 weeks later than what might be "normal"... but no big deal since I wasn't in a rush to get things installed.

I would say don't complain... where else can you get stuff for a 3 cylinder Metro engine? Not many suppliers out there!

Jeremiah

Post subject: header
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:22 am 

how is the header for the 1.3 gti engine? is it a good deal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:36 pm 

well....been a little while since i installed the header. What can I say...I had so much troubles installing it...the flange was heading directly toward the steering rack..I had to redo the flange and it cost me even more money. I contacted them and they gave me free shipping on my next purchase. Not what I was looking for but at least I have something :lol: Anyway this is not the goal of this post. Been 2 months now since it is installed and well...NO MORE CHROME ON IT! It is almost completely black!! what the $#@!?%?@ Seems like it was painted in chrome :( I am a little disapointed I must say. I mean I know they are not very expensive but I never thought it was going to be like that.

Post subject: Losing chrome
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:26 pm 

I have their header on my Metro XFI and it's still got all it's chrome after a couple thousand miles of driving. The chrome turned a nice blue color except up close to the head.

I've also got their header on my Dad's fixer-upper Swift GTi, and it's looking like maybe it's losing some chrome after only about 25 miles of driving.

So I don't know...

Jeremiah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:22 pm 

I purchased a header for my GTi a few months ago, im not satisifed at all. It's a very nice header but the welds are shit.

First, The flange needed a decking due to weld splaters all around the runners.

Second, the manifold required severe grinding with a dremel due to a lot of nasty weld bumps inside.

Third: Several welds had to be redone cuz they were leaking.

To conclude, they look good but there is no difference with the suzukiRD header and a stock gt manifold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:38 pm 
Deadbeat
Deadbeat

man i dont know what happened with you guys, but mine still have all its chrome, i have had it for like a year now. the onyl problem i had was the holes on the flange that bolts up to the head, were a lil off and had to be drilled to fit.

everything else was perfect.

intake/header/exhaust/cams/pulley

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next