TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:14 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Five Zigen (Ryan)
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:35 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i've had some very interesting transactions of a very personal nature with ryan., the most adventuresome in my life in all probability. we've met each other with very little pre-arrangement other than a place and a vague time - very COOL!

ryan and gypsydigi (bryce) teamed up to dismantle a firefly i bought online from a guy in ottawa and ryan and his cousin jordan delivered the parts to me in the windsor/ detroit area.

i want you guys to know how much i appreciate the effort and time spent on this kind of help. more proof of the kind of community assembled on this invaluable forum. i'm proud to be a member here and thankful for the dedication of the members to the community.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:15 pm 
smart@ss

Easy to deal with, fast transaction, shipped out when said he would :thumbsup:

http://sierraclub.com/exxposeexxon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:17 pm 
King of Pompous

Just got my lines from him. Shipping was fast and he is very easy to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to make another purchase from him. Thanks for putting the group buy together.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:12 pm 
MuE Patient Zero/The Link Man

I was also a part of the brake line group buy.

Great communication until he had to move and barely had acess to internet, but he did his best to make sure i was happy.

Lines were great, too bad we couldn't get the mounting bracket thing worked out, but "c'est la vi" i suppose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:15 pm 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

I got some rims :) Just painted em white. They look good!! Even met up with me in the middle to grab em'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:08 pm 

just bought steel braided brake lines from ryan.fast answers and fast shipping! everything went so smooth!

thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:36 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

thejaws wrote:
Five_Zigen aka Ryan Saunders ripped me off for $70 on some parts I purchased from him. Ryan, had no problems with communication until AFTER I paid him. It took me 5 months to get my parts and that was only after I filed a Pay-pal dispute, On top of all that I had to Pay Fed-Ex to go and pick up the parts from Ryan since he couldn't be bothered to ship them after he received more than $600 from me. To add insult to injury Ryan never refunded me $70 in shipping costs I had originally sent him. He claimed he was waiting on a check from his mommy and would send me the $70 when it arrived. I waited a couple of weeks and then sent numerous e-mails with no response. I filed reports with U.S. and Canadian authorities after waiting an additional 3 months for the $70 or even an explanation. I now see that Ryan is living in Abbotsford BC and again posting on Teamswift...and surprise! No reply to my e-mails. Just a heads up if you deal with him. I've dealt with many sellers on this site and have never had a problem with a deadbeat. $70 may not seem like a lot of money but I work hard for my money and always pay my debts. A man is only as good as his word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:59 pm 

These are all the same prior positive feedbacks I read BEFORE dealing with Five Zigen (Ryan) yet I still get RIPPED off for $70? Terrible transaction. I paid promptly yet had to track him down and wait months to get my parts. If anybody has his current address and phone number I'd like to foward it to the authorities that took the report.

thejaws wrote:
Five_Zigen aka Ryan Saunders ripped me off for $70 on some parts I purchased from him. Ryan, had no problems with communication until AFTER I paid him. It took me 5 months to get my parts and that was only after I filed a Pay-pal dispute, On top of all that I had to Pay Fed-Ex to go and pick up the parts from Ryan since he couldn't be bothered to ship them after he received more than $600 from me. To add insult to injury Ryan never refunded me $70 in shipping costs I had originally sent him. He claimed he was waiting on a check from his mommy and would send me the $70 when it arrived. I waited a couple of weeks and then sent numerous e-mails with no response. I filed reports with U.S. and Canadian authorities after waiting an additional 3 months for the $70 or even an explanation. I now see that Ryan is living in Abbotsford BC and again posting on Teamswift...and surprise! No reply to my e-mails. Just a heads up if you deal with him. I've dealt with many sellers on this site and have never had a problem with a deadbeat. $70 may not seem like a lot of money but I work hard for my money and always pay my debts. A man is only as good as his word.

Post subject: Re: Five Zigen (Ryan)
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:10 pm 

Im glad this was pointed out to me by another member as I had missed it in my absence. A lot of the details of this story are very true, however there are quite a few important omisions from Jaws' story. Firstly he waited 5 months to receive his G13B engine and Transmission because I offered to drive it as far as Arizona where I spend the winters from my home in Toronto Canada for FREE. He whined so much about the shipping cost from Toronto that I offered to ship it to him from Arizona to his home in California on the condition that he would have to wait until I made the drive down. That means Me, a Friend of mine, all of our stuff for six months of skydiving/living, a guitar AND HIS engine and transmission cramed into my swift convertible for 3500 miles, over a boarder where I had to pay tax and duty on the parts; all to save him cash. It took approaxmitly two weeks of the 5 month period for fedex to pick up the engine and trans from my place in Arizona because I refused to leave the parts out side unattended for fedex to pickup. There is a high crime rate in Eloy Arizona and I wasnt going to take any chances at that point. I have not heard any thing from Jaws since he confirmed receipt of the engine and trans. I have heard nothing from any authorty in either the US or Canada regarding this matter. Jaws would have my full address as well as telephone number as I provided these to every member I sell to or buy from. As far as the $70 is concerned this is the first I have heard of it. It would be nice for Jaws to contact me so we can discuss this, as well as the matter of the custums fees I incured crossing the border with his parts. I think that not only my feedback from other members, but my length of time with this comunity speak volumes at this point in time.

Ryan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:14 pm 

it's always nice to hear both sides of a story. Thanks Ryan.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:04 pm 

Funny how time has clouded Ryan's mind. Bottom line is Ryan stiffed me for $70. I have every e-mail and message from this transaction. I agreed to buy an engine and transmission from Ryan and he was going to ship the parts from Canada. I never once complained about shipping fee's! Ryan informed me that the shipping charge was outrageous so he would just bring the parts to Arizona and would ship them (You can read Ryan' original message below). When Ryan arrived in Arizona he contacted me and requested full payment plus shipping plus an $18.50 fee he was charged crossing into the U.S. I immediately paid for the parts, $70 shipping and the $18.50 fee he was charged. Then NO CONTACT, I e-mailed and e-mailed and heard NOTHING, so I filed a Pay-pal dispute which froze his account and guess what? He called me almost immediately! He apologized and was having some car problems (Fried ECM I believe) So I opened a FED EX account and paid for shipping a second time and had Fed Ex go directly to Ryan to pick up the parts that I had long since paid for. I received the parts and ryan called me and profusely apologized for the delay, Ryan asked me to drop the dispute on Pay-pal because it had frozen his account. He promised me that he would refund me the $70 he still owed me for the shipping I originally paid him. He was waiting on a check from his mom. I dropped the Pay-pal dispute and Guess what? I never heard a thing. It's funny Ryan says I never contacted him? That's B.S. I e-mailed him through this website atleast a half dozen times and his personal e-mail account atleast a half dozen times and guess what? No response! I posted my side of this story 2 YEARS AGO and none of my contact info has ever changed and NO CONTACT WHATSOEVER FROM RYAN. So RYAN, now is your chance to finally pay your debt of $70 and I can close this post. I have copies of all of our e-mails. I've posted two below regarding your experience with custom's, and shipping the parts sounds a little different then you remember and what you just posted......

Message subject: Re: Swift transmission
Sent: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:23 am
To: thejaws

Hi Paul, that seems awful high of a price to shio it over just one state. The engine weighs 148 on the nose. I dont have a skid for it, but its shrink wraped up with pieces of wood so that it can be set in pretty much any orientation. This is how I have shiped these engines in the past with no problems. The size of the engine is 26 15 20 all in inches. Have you tried FeDex or DHL? When I send the motors from home I use Purolator, which I think hands off to DHL once across the border. Also I was charged a commercial bridge usage fee of $18.50 when I crossed the border. My car was searched and the custums guy nailed me on the engine and trans. I didnt have to pay duty cause I told them the price I had sold them for was less then it acctualy was. If you could add that in to the final total I would be appreciative. How far of a drive did you say it was from phoenix to your place again? Things have been very very slow here and will probably be so until the 24th. So it might be possible to deliver the motor to you myself.

Thanks again

Ryan

(Here's one about shipping)

Message subject: Re: Swift transmission
Sent: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:24 pm
To: thejaws

Well they sent it back again... apparently they weighed it improperly at the post office (there scale only went to 25kg so the guy guesstimated it). They want a ridiculas amount more to ship it now. I have never had this much trouble shipping any thing before. Im going to toss it in my convertible and bring it down to Arizona with me and ship it from there at my exspense to be sure you get it. I was suppose to leave today but my trip has been posted one week. You will more then likely end up getting it sooner then if I were to reship it. It will only take me 4 days to get down there and probably another two from Eloy to Cali.

Ryan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:42 pm 

I just checked my files and I sent 6 e-mail's to FIve Zigen (Ryan) personal e-mail account asking about the $70 owed on 020107,021507,030907,032307,032407 and lastly on 041107. All of these e-mails included my contact information and Pay-pal account info. Not one single reply. Not one single reply to any posting or PM through Team Swift either. A man is only as good as his word.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:12 pm 

And again I will reiterate that if you filled a dispute with the authorities in both Canada and the US then why have I heard nothing. I havent moved or changed my phone number. Havent heard from you your self either about this mater other then in this post. IF I took the time to dig this up after two years and try to resolve it Im pretty sure that I would have dealt with the situation when it arrose. ITs funny how some one with 10 posts can smear the reputation of a member who has been here as long as I have and has as many positive feedbacks as I do from many prominent members of this comunity. Thank you for posting the emails from me above, it just goes to back up my side of the story in how far I bent over back wards to please you and insure you recieved the motor and transmision. If you have proof that you sent me emails last summer as stated above then plese forward them to the email address I provided you. I can assure you that I will at no point go so far out of my way to help out a complete stranger again. And if I owe you $70 as you claim then why on earth would you cancel a paypal dispute if you felt you were cheated? I know I sure wouldnt do that.

Ryan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:48 pm 

Ryan, I have copies of every e-mail we exchanged. You are very welcome about me posting your old e-mails, I don't think the e-mails show you bent over backwards they show how you are trying to distort the facts of what happened. In your post of 053109 you claim you paid customs/duty yet your original email said you didn't have to pay customs/duty.....which is it? You claim I whined about the shipping costs but your e-mail stated you were volunteering to bring the parts to Arizona because the shipping charges in Canada were high, which is it? You called me and asked me to drop the Pay-pal dispute which I did only after receiving my parts and because you gave me your word that you would refund the $70 you owed. You blew me off and ignored every e-mail I sent you. You can post whatever you want but you know what happened. I hope this keeps you honest and is a lesson about Bad Karma. Doing the right thing is always easier in the long run. You can read your own words below where you mention refunding the money.

Ryan S <fivezigen_@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Paul, the computer in my swift went bad and has left me with out a car over the past two weeks, and for probably another week as I wiat for the replacment. I havent been online in awhile because of it. Do you want to schedual a pick up from the drop zone here through fedex? I can refund you the $70 I owe you for the transmission shipping and just have you pay for ever ything on your end.

thanks Paul and happy new year

Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:40 pm 

I bought the Cams, clutch, and adjustable cam gears from Ryan when he posted them a few weeks ago. He was great to deal with, described the stuff well, and packaged and shipped on time. The stuff is here at my door, and i'm pleased.
Thanks again Ryan, and good luck with your adventure on the other side of the pond.

Darcy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:51 pm 

I got a glass headlight and rear fog light setup from him... came just as promised. Wish I had more money to buy some of the stuff he is selling now....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:51 pm 

seems like good guy to me ^.^

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:31 pm 

I bought a light weight flywheel from Ryan recently. It took a little while to receive it because he is overseas going to school, but he finally made good on it and I wasn't in any hurry. Seems like a pretty nice chap to me. Pretty good communicator and easy to get along with.

MooseO :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:42 pm 

As of today 072709 no phone call, no e-mail and no $70.
Glad to see everyone else is having good luck though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:38 am 

Bought a clean Crankshaft For my GTi for super Cheap

Thank you Ryan

She's Finally Alive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFFRkiWT4Y

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:15 pm 

Ryan sold me great parts , good packaging , very fast shipping , seems to be a very nice guy !!

thumbs up for good seller :thumb2:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:54 pm 

Ryan sold me some JDM lights. Very good Communication. Very good Price. Parts arrived timely and packaged excellent. A++

1993 Geo Metro LSi
1994 Toyota Pickup

My Car Club Website. Check out Videos of my Swift and all the other Cars in my Club.
http://www.youtube.com/simplexcreationz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:49 pm 

Never did get the $70 that Ryan owes me............or a call or e-mail. Glad to hear everyone is still having good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:02 pm 

My fog light is at the post office atm, and I cant wait to pick it up tomorrow. :3 It was a pleasure to do business with him. It seems like he regularly visits the US, making shipping in the states MUCH cheaper. I'm still waiting for the go-ahead on the front lip, but with the previous transaction, I'm guessing it will go as smooth if not smoother, than the last. :sold:

Thanks again man!

Kyle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:21 pm 

Glad to hear about another positive transaction! If I ever get the $70 Ryan owes me I'll be sure to post the news!