TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:31 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:02 pm 

This is a small guide on how to change out the whole dome light on 95 and newer metros and fireflies. I salvaged one out of another car at the junkers because I thought the switch on mine was defective because it was spotty when you touched the switch and jiggled it around without picking a selection, IE the bulb would go out. This could be an obvious thing to do but since I took pictures I am going to write the guide anyways. There are three positions on the dome light switch. They are always on, door activated and off.

Use a flat blade screwdriver to remove the dome cover by prying it out.

While the dome cover is off, replace the bulb if it does not work, if you just wanted to replace the bulb and not the whole fixture. If you want to remove the entire dome light then remove the two nuts. They will take an 8mm socket.

Pull the dome fixture down and then flip the dome around. Gently pull out the white connector without pulling on the wires.

Installation of the new/salvaged dome light is the reverse of the removal. :P

Anyways, once it was installed the salvaged dome light had a bigger lamp in it and is a wee bit brighter so win-win ?

2000 Firefly 1.3 SOHC 16VALVE AUTO. Goals: full restoration, achieve stock MPG and HP or higher, finished look should be 'stealthy' and unassuming. Engine will need to be rebuilt later on to restore compression levels.