TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:19 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Adding a/c
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:26 am 

IDK if it's been covered, I did a two page search, and nothing came up.

Converting non A/C cars to A/C is simple. Provided you get parts from the same MK# car as yours. All of the electrical plugs and holes are there already. All that is required is;
  • a/c brackets
  • a/c compressor
  • a/c evaporator
  • a/c condensor
  • a/c belt
  • all a/c hoses
  • auxilliary fan
  • funky idle control motor, with vacuum lines, the thingy with the white plastic screw on it, mouted just left of the ignition coil, on the firewall
  • all additional electrical, including;
  • WOT a/c disengage switch, mounted on gas pedal linkage
  • a/c module, located on a/c evap. box
  • all under hood a/c wiring
  • all under dash a/c wiring
  • a/c on off switch

Start by removing the black metal blockoff plate, next to your radiator. Install your compressor brackets, the compressor, and then the condensor related items, including the aux fan. Pop out your three black rubber plugs on the firewall, two for the pressure and suction lines, one for the evap coil drain. Remove the plastic duct between the blower and the heater box. Remove the blower box. Install the evap box, with the module, where the duct was. Reinstall the blower box. Install the a/c pressure/suction lines and drain tube. Install the WOT switch on the gas pedal. Don't worry, as you can adjust the on/off point later by bending the metal tab. As long as it clicks near WOT, it will work correctly. Pop out plastic plug where a/c on/off switch goes. Install switch. Install all wiring removed from the donor a/c car, both under hood, and under dash. Charge syatem. If all was done correctly, you have cold air.

On mine, the under hood electrical connectors were too corroded, and I had to butt splice them in. Also, make sure you have grounds for all of your new wiring, as it won't turn on if it's not grounded properly.

Post subject: Re: Adding a/c
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:38 am 

Thank you crazyman

this is just what I have been looking for

Ray G

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:45 pm 

All:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am running into a problem when adding A/C and I need help. First I have a Suzuki 86 Forsa (MK1) that was factory equipped with A/C. Looks like along the life of the car the previous owner removed the A/C and associated wiring in the passenger wiring from it. I recently acquired a complete A/C system from my good friend from AZ Mxmikie. This kit comes complete with all the units and wiring to install the unit into a similar year car. The only problem that I have is that system comes along with a connector that goes to the so called A/C connector that it is supposed to be at the passenger side of the car (figure D, right side). Unfortunately I have been looking for three straight evenings after I come from work and cannot locate where to connect this connector in my car. If the previous owner removed the A/C related wiring from the car, at least the A/C connector from the OEM wiring should be there. The other option that I see is that is someone can tell me where those six wires go from that connector (next figure) at least I will be able to figure out something.

Please help!!!!!!!!! :(

Attachment:
Saturday, August 16, 2008 10_23_52 PM.jpg

Attachment:
Saturday, August 16, 2008 10_23_04 PM.jpg

Update 9/12/08

Just installed all the A/C equipment and used the original wiring in the car. Installed an universal pre-set thermostat instead of the thermostat with the sliding switch and voila we are chilling now with cold A/C.

Thanks, luiso16 :alien: :mrgreen:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:19 pm 

if anyone needs any of these a/c parts from an MK2 geo G10 let me know, im takin out my a/c

new truck: 1995 Chev silverado-5.7L: dual exhaust with 6" tips...more to come soon

1991 geo metro- auto- 3 cylinder: custom exhaust( 6" pak to a 4" chrome tip)
currently dead...anyone interested in buying it?