TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:15 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:15 am 

Hi everyone :),

It seems that I cannot find the difference between Suzuki Swift Mk2 GS and GTI throughout this forum, or maybe I use the wrong keyword on the search feature, also I think this would be a common question among the new Suzuki Swift Mk2 owner like me (mine is GS). So could someone help me out to specify what is the difference between Suzuki Swift Mk2 GS and GTI?

Sorry if I post in the wrong section, thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:18 pm 

I am in Canada so there may be some differences in models where you are but here's a general summary of differences. There's quite a few so I may miss the odd one. Gs will have 1.3 single cam eng, gti will be 1.3L twin cam, trans gearing will be higher ratio on gt model(4.10 final drive vs 3.52 in gs), gt will have bigger brakes and disc brakes in the rear, gt will have nicer interior appointments like seats etc, usually power mirrors in gt, larger sway bars, nicer sterring wheel.

1967 Mustang 428 auto, never ending expensive project
1993 Civic si h22a, fell in my lap, couldn't resist!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:59 pm 

Razgriz13 wrote:

It seems that I cannot find the difference between Suzuki Swift Mk2 GS and GTI throughout this forum, or maybe I use the wrong keyword on the search feature, also I think this would be a common question among the new Suzuki Swift Mk2 owner like me (mine is GS). So could someone help me out to specify what is the difference between Suzuki Swift Mk2 GS and GTI?

The difference is big as a 6 cylinder camaro to a SS camaro. You can see the difference. If you have a Gt an a GL a simple google pic will show you :ez_wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:33 am 

codyb76 wrote:
I am in Canada so there may be some differences in models where you are but here's a general summary of differences. There's quite a few so I may miss the odd one. Gs will have 1.3 single cam eng, gti will be 1.3L twin cam, trans gearing will be higher ratio on gt model(4.10 final drive vs 3.52 in gs), gt will have bigger brakes and disc brakes in the rear, gt will have nicer interior appointments like seats etc, usually power mirrors in gt, larger sway bars, nicer sterring wheel.

RP91gt wrote:
Razgriz13 wrote:

The difference is big as a 6 cylinder camaro to a SS camaro. You can see the difference. If you have a Gt an a GL a simple google pic will show you :ez_wink:

Hi codyb76 and RP91gt,

Cool! what a nice information, you guys help me point out the difference, thank you! Oh yeah, I also read some articles that GS use G13BA engine and GTI use G13B engine, am I correct?

By the way, nice to know both of you, cheers from Indonesia! :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:58 pm 

I have a JDM GS spec 1991 Cultus.

1991 was a transition year for Asia spec cars. Your car may have a G13BA 8V SOHC or an early G13BB (16V SOHC TBI (single injector throttle body fuel injection). Later G13BB 16V engines were 16V SOHC MPFI (multi point fuel injection).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:47 pm 

suzukitom wrote:
I have a JDM GS spec 1991 Cultus.

1991 was a transition year for Asia spec cars. Your car may have a G13BA 8V SOHC or an early G13BB (16V SOHC TBI (single injector throttle body fuel injection). Later G13BB 16V engines were 16V SOHC MPFI (multi point fuel injection).

Hi suzukitom,

I'm pretty sure mine have a G13BA engine since I can see it clearly the engine have 8V and SOHC.

Thank you for your information! :D