TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Phantom Grip LSD FAQ
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:44 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

from Iain (madzuki)
the whole article with pictures & in-depth details can be found <a href="http://www.teamswift.net/~madzuki/phantom.html">here
http://www.teamswift.net/~madzuki/phantom.html</a>

Quote:
Q. Does it fit ****** (add whatever the hell car name you like)? And what does it cost?
A. How should I know? Does it say phantomgrip.com at the top of the page? No, it doesn't, go ask them.

Q. How much stronger does it make the diff?
A. Eh? I think you should read the above again. Several times. It's a device that fits into the diff, it doesn't replace anything at all. If you have a toffee diff before fitting it, you'll have a toffee diff after fitting it too. Phantom Grip now sell replacement diff pins for some applications, see their website and their terms and conditions.

Q. How does it compare to the Quaife/Torsen/ Lok rite/etc/etc?
A. What am I, some kind of work-for-nothing development engineer? Those are complete diffs, this is an emulator device which fits into a standard diff to try and emulate the effect of a proper limited slip diff, by using two metal blocks and four stiff springs. If it was as easy as that to make something that works as successfully as a Quaife/etc/etc/ don't you think Quaife/etc/etc would be churning them out in their millions? A real Suzuki LSD is here, as you can probably guess, the manufacturing isn't cheap.

Q. So it doesn't work then?
A. Yes, it works, to an extent, as would any sort of interference device. It's up to you to decide if it's for you.

Q. Phantom Grip don't specify one for the Swift anymore, can you post the dimensions now?
A. No.
It is still listed, the part no. is: 905 Gold

Q. Phantom Grip don't list one for the Mk1 Gti, can I just get one for the Mk2 and fit that?
A. No. A Phantom Grip cannot be fitted to a Mk1 diff, there's no space, the design is completely different, see the pics below.