TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 am 

seems you are right, i have tried but it didnt work as expected so i am thinking of cold ram intake with larger airpipe and a larger air filter.

moderators may lock this thread now

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:41 pm 

:shock:

I laughted :D 'cause this really is my kind of idea =) and this is how much of mine ended :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:32 am 

fitsandy wrote:
what i am going to post here has not been tested by me but i just feel that it can be tried.

idea : mini turbo using portable vac fan and its cover.
power source : timing belt driven pulley
rpm's : portable vac rotates at from 3000 - 8000 rpm and generates quite a good force of air flow (black and decker 900 watts )

theory : if the vac motor is removed and a small pulley attached to vac fan which has just enough teeth rotate at a very high rpm say ~ 15000 (10 -12 times engine rpm) it can generate really good pressure of about 3-4 psi.

since vac fan rpm's shall be varying with engine rpm, the pressure created will vary with engine speed.

has someone tried this ever before ?? i have read lots of posts on various forums on leaf blowers being tried to turbo the engine but they need 120- 220 volts and high capacity inverters to run by car battary/alternator.

some have tried leaf blower on honda cars and saw the dyno test on youtube also, then i thought, why not a Best vacuum for tile be modified to high rpm using engine power and speed.

this is just a thought and since i had it in my mind i wanted to share with you guys here with lots of experience.

i have no idea of timing belt pulley rpm at idling engine rpm ? everything depends on that as i thought os using that as a variable speed power source for this experiment. :idea:

Thanks for the informatoin. I don't know how vacuum cleaner works and what part it contains. Now i get information about its Working. So I can fix minor problem myself.