TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:13 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Exhaust.......'89 GTi
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:06 pm 

I remember being told that after the flex joint, just run a well isolated and clamped straight pipe all the way to the back.......works fine and it's not that loud.
Any comments ??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:09 pm 

Yes....without a muffler.....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:31 pm 
Island Inbreeder

this
VVVVV....

Last edited by jaguar,vettes&sprints on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:47 am 

the new exhaust I put on my gti is fairly loud, a little more than what I wanted....all new 2.5 inch from the header back, one resonator and a "turbo" oval muffler.
really noisy above 5,000 rpm....but hey, that's getting into the fun zone anyways.... :twisted:
before it had stock pipe all the way back, no muffler. was very ''buzzy'' sounding. now its a lower note, and the local police cant give me a hard time for not having a muffler :roll: :huh:

3 tech turbo grind cam
3 tech cylinder head/w/port,polish,blend,oversized s/s valves
gti brake swap
89 white gti twincam....need I say more?
92 metro aka ''blue lump of coal''
92 white metro lsi vert
91 blue chevy sprint (gas sipper)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:58 pm 
Suzuki Elder

when i did the exhaust on my red vert i used a nifty, short "atom" resonator but after driving the car for a while i replaced it with a resonator that is twice as long. that quieted things down a little bit but left the car with a free flowing exhaust.

the car can get quite loud above 5000 rpm as well but things really get rockin' at 6000 rpm. :twisted:

i tend to lift off the throttle when i see the boys in blue and the car is fairly well mannered and innocent appearing as long as i behave myself.

i don't know if i ever told this story here but when i was leaving the geopalooza meet this past august i got on it pretty hard as i passed the last of the group still at the public park. then i took a 90 degree corner at speed, tires howling, fainya's poor man's posi doing it's job. i had just gotten the thrust angle straightened out when i looked up and saw the biggest cop i have ever seen about 100 feet in front of me and pointing at the side of the road. :blackeye:

he ran my license and asked me if i had ever gotten a ticket. i told him i got a speeding ticket in 1972. he asked if i was going back to columbus and after i told him i was he basically told me to drive like i had some sense. =)

no ticket. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:03 am 

In golf that's called a mulligan.......great story !