TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:14 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Headlights full of water
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:02 am 

Seems like I solved my "mysterious" problem with water in the headlights. Could not understand why left side was always foggy and not the right one...

Both sides now have damage in the rubber gasket, possibly by me not being careful enough with sharp edges on bulb and spring when changing headlights...

Attachment:
Headlight.jpg
Headlight.jpg [ 68.4 KIB | Viewed 718 times ]

So, where can I get two of these rubber gaskets? Are they standardized? Can I go to the junkyard to pick some up from any car? Would believe all cars use these and that they are all the same on all models, but I think such an idea would be an utopia...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:36 pm 

The diameter of these rubber gaskets uses one of several standard dimensions, but the wiring exit in the back may vary from one car to another. The link below is to a universal product seller in USA. You can punch a hole as needed for the wires.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/accessories/rubber-housing-caps.html#.VN6zcpV0zF8