TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:48 pm 

1997 4 cylinder GEO metro. compressor does not kick on by itself and is not cold.

Well, like this poor guy I installed a new Compressor, expansion valve, dryer and also flush and evacuate the system. I used the low side to charge it to 20 oz of 134a refrigerant. I am not sure if I am reading my gauges correctly....

With the car running and compressor off it seem the needle rises clock wise to like 120 but once I jump the compressor with 12 volts it will go down to like 60. the weather in Phoenix is 95 at night. NOTE: A/C Compressor never turn on since the new install of compressor etc. above.

On the high side it seem to stay around 140. I notice that the line that is going to the condenser seem to be hot to touch, meaning you would not be able to leave your finger on it too long or it will burn.

Not sure if I over charge or undercharge cause for one thing the compressor never turns on by itself....well, not sure it my system has an a/c pressure switch (actually I did find the pressure switch)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:54 am 
Make love, not moderators

Just to be clear, the numbers you are mentioning, is that the pressure on the low side??

If it is.. Then I would say you over filled it. With the compressor running, you should see about 38PSI (IIRC) on the low side.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:12 pm 

From my old post showing the low port side at 27 inHg after charging my freshly installed A/C system: http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48710