TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: No Spark
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:31 pm 

Having a very weird no start situation. :huh:

Car has no spark

I've tried swapping the following from known good cars

Distributor assembly
Ignition Coil
Igniter (might not be using right term there. grey box to the right of the ignition coil with all the heat sync fins on it)
ECU
Spark Plug

I also checked all of the fuses and tested all of the relays by putting them in the horn relay slot and honking to verify they were working correctly.

I checked and cleaned the grounds going to the rear of the intake as well. I cleaned them with a wire brush just to be sure.

I dont know whats going on here. Everything seems like it should be working, but I just cant get a spark. :/

Does anyone have any ideas? Weak points in wiring to check?

I have a test light available to me today. I could probably go get my dvom tomorrow if it cant be solved today.

Here is a link to the page I have on the GMF if ya wanna see some more background info and pics:

http://geometroforum.com/topic/5888681/3/#new

Post subject: Re: No Spark
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:18 pm 

What car is it?

1991-GTi: JE 75mm 11:1 pistons,Ported head, Single UD pulley (OCC),Sandros chip,Aluminium flywheel,3tech 222/365 cams, Cultus headers,Cultus IM,50mm tb,Crane cams adjustable cam gears,Apex suspension, 4.39fd GB.
1989-GTi: 3Tech 210/340 Cams,Cultus IM, B&G springs, TD04L turbo, Apexi SAFC, Suzukird UD pulley, Circuitse7en dual boost controller, AEM wideband, AEM water / meth injection kit, HKS bov.
2001-Altezza AS200: Stock.-sold
2003-EVO7 GT-A
Aruba "one happy island".

Post subject: Re: No Spark
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:56 pm 
Island Inbreeder

95 Firefly 1.0 ltr
is the camshaft turning .?
open oil fill while cranking engine can you see the cam rotate.?

Take a screw driver unplug the coil from distributor put the screw driver in the lead you pulled off the distributor while its hooked up to the coil turn the key on hold the inslated part of the screwdriver while moving the shank part you have inserted into the wire that is coming out of the top of the coil.
touch shank to a piece of metal (engine) anywere you can touch shank to metal see if it throws a spark if no spark
bad coil , coil wiring...!
YOU can go straight from the (+) positive side of coil to positive side of battery then try to ground out screwdriver shank if no spark replace coil/check your ground
s
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IS VERY HIGH VOLTAGE COMING OUT OF THE COIL
AND MAY CAUSE YOU HARM ...
Take care that you have thick rubber gloves or some kind of protection from the coil votage...JoltsVolts&Sparks