TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:23 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:28 pm 

Guys - I'm new to this forum and have spent a bit of time trawling the excellent content in search of an answer to my question. That has not been forthcoming hence my first post.

I'm getting towards the final stages of fitting a G13B motor in a Leyland Moke. As a result of space issues, I've had to use a Mk1 manifold/AFM and I have an existing Mk2 ECU/loom that came with the Mk2 Engine/Gearbox package.

First question is which AFM must I use? The Mk1 AFM (part number Hitachi AFH38M-02) and Mk2 AFM (part number Hitachi AFH45-51) are different. They have different mounting bolt locations and more importantly different lug diameters that carry the sensor wires. The sensor wires and depths look the same (I have one of each unit here).

If I can use the Mk1 AFM, how should it be wired to the Mk2 loom? Both AFMs have three wires into terminals B/C/D, but the colours are different for Mk1 and Mk2 as follows:

Mk1 - B=Red C=Black D=Green
Mk2 - B=White C=Red D=Black

Help much appreciated.

Cheers Adrian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:56 am 

Things are moving forward (albeit in baby steps). I've sorted the AFM problem (I'm using the Mk2 unit in the Mk1 manifold) but I still don't have a spark.

I spent a good portion of the day with a multimeter and my ECU/ignition system. Most of the voltages and resistances were all good. My problem appears to be the coil (high primary side resistance reading) and the ignition output signal from the ECU which wont deliver 3V at cranking. I've ordered a new coil but will hold fire on getting a replacement ECU until new coil arrives and is tested.

I suppose its progress (i.e. most things are ok) ;D