TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:45 am 

I own a suzuki swift 2005 with 106000k's on it, recently I had to replace my alternator and after that my air bag light would'nt go off. It all started when I left my car idle for three days and later when I tried to start it the battery was flat, I got it to jump start and it went ok until the next day when I started my car again I noticed all the lights were dim and the battery indicator was on, infact all the indicator on my speedometer was on, i drove it for a while and then the car eventually died, I got road side assist to jump start the car again drove it back home, my airbag indicator started playing up after that. then the next day it was the same and then finally I got my alternator replaced. I think the mechanic tried to reset the code but it keeps commng back, according to him if the error code is on the BCM it cannot be flashed, the error codes are B1084, B1017.

My car has never been in an accident and I have not had any incident that would affect my airbag, I also got my battery checked out and it seems to be fine. I had this issue two years ago where my air bag light wouldnot go off but it was because my battery was bad, I got it checked by auto electrician and they found my battery to be faulty but once I had them replaced reset the code it didnot came back until now. I've also checked the airbag fuse and the connecter below the driver side seat they are all fine and also tried to reset the code manually (using some method i found on the internet, turn ignition on and within 10 sec turn parkes on/off three time and then the door switch four times and ignistion off)but when i do this it flashes with a different code B1150 on the speedometer. I'm not sure whats causing it but to my knowledge it appear toi be similar to the issue I had before as this occured unitl my battery (alternator) started playing up.

Can some please give me some advice or shed some light on this issue??

thanks