TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Alberta Swiftfest 2006
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:01 pm 

It's that time of year again guys, this needs to get rolling now instead of later so all members from Alberta can enjoy hanging out with their fellow swifters! At the moment, all suggestions are being taken, all dates will be looked at. There is also the possibility of having one meet in Edmonton, one meet in Calgary to satisfy EVERYONE (even though Race City sucks ;) ) I'll start by bandying the ideas of going to a show like V8less last year, so the choice of auto-x, drag racing, and a show and shine is available. As some may remember, I have mentioned the Central Alberta 100 Footer Association alot. They will be hosting events this year as well, so basically a car show with 100 foot drag races and auto-x for cheaper, and in a more centralized location in Alberta so everyone can participate. Like I said, ANY suggestions will be looked at, just start digging for things you'd like to see. I know that once or twice Secret Street at Race City in Calgary brings a dyno out for everyone to play on (if you pay, of course), and I think it would be cool for everyone to get dyno sheets together so the BS could ensue ;) Last year at Bud Park in Edmonton was a blast, and having 15-20 people show up would be just plain cool. So, there we go guys, let the planning commence!

You have a girlfriend? :shock:

HiTemp Inc. ....... taking over the world one Sprint Turbo and Swift GTi at a time.

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:52 pm 

I am glad someone is getting on this early this year.

This will leave several option open and yes a couple of event so that more can make it out.

1. V8less last year, so the choice of auto-x, drag racing, and a show and shine is available.

2. Central Alberta 100 Footer Association alot.

Both good ideas but lets puts some dates on these and any ideas. This will help us work to some events.

By the way I just bolted in rebuilt tranny in today, another day to finsh. So I will be ready.

2010 Equator White
2000 Solara convert

Post subject: ALbert 2006
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:24 pm 

Just wondering if everyone in Alberta is busy this year. :P

What up lets see if there is some interest for some thing.

2010 Equator White
2000 Solara convert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:19 am 

I've been so busy Wilf that I have not gotten a single thing together information wise (along with computer troubles). The camrose 100 footers + auto-x is next weekend (I will be attending with the Creations Car Club), and anybody is more than welcome to come on down and have some fun!

HiTemp Inc. ....... taking over the world one Sprint Turbo and Swift GTi at a time.

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:51 pm 

you guys know iam in for sure :twisted: cant wait to bring out the new swift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:53 pm 
Jomohunter

I am still lurking around on the board but I am out of the sprint now. I might be interested in showing up to see everybody again though, we had a good time last year. Cant say im too happy with my current daily driver, it badly needs a new fuel pump, for the last two months it has felt like someone has been following me around and ramming me every couple seconds. Not pleasant at all. (now I know how my wife must of felt when we first got together)J/K :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:11 pm 
Teamswift Racer

Make it july 9th, 10th. My swift will be in town

Post subject: swift meet
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:40 pm 

So Murr what you doing with your car in town, it would be nice to meet you finally.

What about the rest of the swift people - where and when are you avalible?

2010 Equator White
2000 Solara convert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:20 am 
Teamswift Racer

Wilf,

I will trailering the race car for the road race in Nameo.
http://www.nascc.ab.ca/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:36 am 

I'd be in if my car doesn't blow up by then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:35 am 

Well everybody, its been quite a while, but I think I finally have some ideas brewing for the Alberta Swiftfest 2006!

To start off with, many Calgarians mentioned to me they would prefer to have an event in Calgary if possible. The only problem I see with that is the fact that there will be few Edmontonians to come down (and vice versa if it is held in Edmonton). We would have to set about seeing what the amount of people would be for the best venue.

Secret Street Challenge (SCC) is being hosted in Calgary and Edmonton again this year (the same event we attended last year). Calgary's is way late on October 7, 2006 while Edmonton's is on a more decent September 16, 2006. For $45, you would be entered into the drag races as well as auto-x, but ONLY the first 50 participants who register at the event are allowed to do the auto-x.

If we were to do an event in Calgary or Edmonton, it would also be nice to have a place to go for a BBQ after the races. Wilf's acreage last year was the perfect place (thanks Wilf!) but depending on how the planning goes (and I bet Wilf doesn't want the hassle ;) ) we should look for other places to go to, AND if the weather is horrible it should also be looked at going to a restraunt for food.

I would appreciate any thoughts, because as soon as we get a somewhat laid out plan of action, I will be pm'ing and e-mailing everyone that I can find in Alberta with a Swift to see if they would wish to join us. We had (9/10?) cars last year, and it would be great to break the 15 car barrier!

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:30 pm 

Road trip!

Think I could make it in 7 hours? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:54 pm 

To get to Edmonton you are looking at AT LEAST 10 hours driving the speed limit ;) (I guesstimated from Vancouver).

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:50 pm 

HiTempguy wrote:
driving the speed limit ;).
Exactly :wink:

Post subject: Alberta swift meet
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:33 pm 

Its time to get going on this, :D
as far as I am concerned I will try to make it anywhere. Calgary -Reddeer etc. but the center focus should be an event if possible. Secret Street Challenge (SCC) something. If not a place we could do our own tests runs.

I have seem several other small car meets MG club, VW clubs that just get together for the evening at a burger joint. There is a nice place here called "Jacks" It is an old time drive in type of a place. beside KC.

It would be cool to see a bunch of Swift/Geos out in the public to see what it turns up.

I saw a place in Calgary on Maccload drive that has clubs meet also. I saw 9-10 Grand Nationals meet there one evening.

As far as my place, it is not a hassle, I just hope to make it better more comfortible if possible and if the timing is right a few test runs near by.
I have a G-tech for fun.

I think we should do it ASAP Sept is the latest it should be I feel.
We need to PM as many of the Alberta guys as possible.

So lets go.

2010 Equator White
2000 Solara convert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:45 am 

If I am availible, I'll come to the meet. I don't care if it's in Edmonton or Calgary! Unless of course I've moved by then. BTW, does a Geo Tracker count? It's not a swift, but if we do some runs, I want to see what my new 1.6 8 Valve pulls. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:50 pm 

As an update, no plans have been solidified yet, HOWEVER, tomorrow (which is a Sunday, August 20, 2006) is the Spruce Grove 100 footers, and I believe it may include a small auto-x. I will be there, so if any team swifters decide to show up it could definitly develop into a mini-meet ;)

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:55 pm 

OK guys, nobody has contacted me/gone out of their way to see whats going on, so hopefully this post will get everybody up to speed:

I think that Wilf has the correct idea about the meet being in September. SCC in Edmonton is 2 weeks away, and I believe it is the event that we should go to. It is held on September 16th, which is a saturdy and it starts at 10:00 am for registration. Link is here:

http://www.streetcarchallenge.ca/edmonton.htm

If everyone (or some people) agree to this, I will begin e-mailing/pm'ing everyone in my lists on MSN and this site to make sure everyone knows about it. I am expecting you guys to do the same ;)

If nothing comes out of this, I will still be at SCC with the Creations Car Club instead of TeamSwift (cool rides include a 200whp Spirit, supercharged Cavalier, turbocharged saturn) so if anybody wants to join us/hang out feel free (if nothing comes of the Swiftfest). Hows everything sound so far?

P.S
I have a APEXi SAFC II coming this week, and will be running lots of boost so it'll be a sight to behold :twisted:

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:06 pm 

Well good to hear from some one, sorry I have not contact you directly.

As far as I am concerned I am part-ly committed to something else sept 16th. But would like to come out later in afternoon. 3-4:pm I will be glad to come out and see what you are doing at SCC :D

If that is all we have it is fine, I was out last weekend to street drags etc. just to watch this time.

We could have some thing after if people are still interested. So let s go
see who is in!!! :( :(

2010 Equator White
2000 Solara convert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:08 pm 

:bump: Come on peoples, lets get this show on the road!

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:02 am 

What's the schedule? Where do we meet? When do we meet? It is a 3 hour drive for me :wink: . I'm hoping to be there if I can get my Ford's Torque Convertor swapped by then... :furious:

And yes, I know... a Ford at a Swift meeting :poke: . It's all about the spirit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:39 pm 

My plans have changed I can be out by 1:00 , I just hope the weather holds up.

Its been raining quite abit. :oops:

So see you there Hihtempguy.

2010 Equator White
2000 Solara convert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:58 am 

AN UPDATE ON SCC EDMONTON:

SCC Edmonton has been MOVED to a rain date of September 17, 2006 (this SUNDAY) due to... rain :razz: I am still going up on Sunday, especially since the cooler weather will probably deter some people from showing up (easier to get into auto-x and drag, more runs etc). It is only supposed to be 10* C that day, so anybody with low power cars (like myself) and good tires will be able to put down some killer times. Let me know guys! You can go to http://www.streetcarchallenge.ca for the official lowdown. Also, it would probably be a good idea to make sure your car will PASS tech.

Drag Rules:
http://streetcarchallenge.ca/drag.htm

Auto-x Rules:
http://streetcarchallenge.ca/autox.htm

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:42 pm 

I can probably bring my Digital Camera and Camcorder. Granted, they aren't the best, but they work. I'll see if I can now work Sunday into my plans (or lack thereof... took the weekend off just incase.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:31 am 

SCC EDMONTON CANCELLED!

Chassis Flex Motorsports