TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:42 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:20 pm 

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/ ... vsneon.flv

i dont even know if its the guy on here who is arguing but i think it is. sorry about the taping i got a little excited and dozed off with teh camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:21 pm 
Main twit

SSGTi12345 wrote:
http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/SSGTi12345/?action=view&current=13secGTivsneon.flv

i dont even know if its the guy on here who is arguing but i think it is. sorry about the taping i got a little excited and dozed off with teh camera.

um so theres living proof... the neon got eaten alive.

secondly, there is ummm no chance in hell that neon would come close to an srt-4

thirdly, my buddy (barrie)... has one of canada's fastest NA all motor neons... and it only runs 13.3@101mph.

:roll:

Mk1 3cyl - 185whp/150ftlbs - 1/4mile 13.97@103mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:35 pm 

ok guys for the record, my neon did not get smoked i let off way before that curve. martin kept going hard around it cuz his car can handleit, the neon cant. it was a 60 foot race, no more no less...yes i won the 60 foot dash, but if it was a 1/4 mile, i would of got eaten alive. and i dont know where you guys the the impression i think my neon is the fastest cuz its not. yes srt-4 struggle off the line with me, but im sure if we have more road id get killed by those too. bottem line...who cares?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:52 pm 

...AND the whole purpose of that race was for me to loose anyway. not to say i wasnt trying..i was, but i wanted to show my friends who go on and on about how fast my neon is, that swifts can be even faster :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:19 pm 
A legend in his own mind

extremerider wrote:
SSGTi12345 wrote:
http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/SSGTi12345/?action=view&current=13secGTivsneon.flv

um so theres living proof... the neon got eaten alive.

secondly, there is ummm no chance in hell that neon would come close to an srt-4

thirdly, my buddy (barrie)... has one of canada's fastest NA all motor neons... and it only runs 13.3@101mph.

:roll:

tim,
shut up.
you'd still lose to the neon.
:lol:

LNLC Founding Member

Certified to advise if this thread is GAY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:26 pm 

Frankly I have always believed that Neon's and Swift related products are the brunt end of jokes. Its not fair. Ford Focus has over 117 recalls to date, the neon has a total of 8 since 1995, and only 1 is considered serious. over 90% of the focus' are life threatening, and yet they had the audacity to kick me out of a focus meet cause my Neon was a piece of shit, even though I was with my cousin (he has a focus) and just came for fun. I am sorry I was a little moody earlier, but frankly, it just started to reek of that kind of attitude, and I know that is not what we are about. This club is just way too much fun, and you guys and girls are just all great people who genuinely love cars.

Just look at our cars. They are a reflection of us because we "customize" and thus"personalize" our cars. I think Rob's Swift/Sprint is the truest reflection of this! Thats what attracted me so much to this group and why I really enjoy coming. I look at all of your cars with envy, and learn a lot. Unless all of you don't want me to come, I will continue coming as always, and hope to show my continued dedication.

Oh and nobody worry, I can't bring my Neon, I was involved in a real bad crash the other day. A stupid woman in a Ford Escape going to make left, started to and just suddenly stopped in the middle of the intersection. I hit the brakes but had nowhere to go as there was a car right beside (which she said she did not notice and thats why she went ahead and tried to go), I slid on the TTC tracks, and slammed right into her rear end. My fiance and I are okay with a little neck ache. The Neon hit at over 50 km/h, and they say its easily repairable, no frame damage, I was needless to say shocked considering the hit. So Firefly will be there!!! See you all on the 3rd. Just remember to dress for it, its gonna be freakin' cold!! And I want to see ALL OF YOU THERE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:58 pm 

wow. so i hope everything is resolved by that vid. i never saw that one. that swift pulled like a teenager with a playboy mag, especially on that rolling go at the end of the vid. I have to say though, the neon put up a good fight. either way though, it was cool too see, however it made me a little uneasy. We were right across from a golf course guys. I dont need to be hastled by the cops, and if anyone is gonna call the police on some street racers, let it be some doctors on one of their many days off. Meets are for meeting and chatting, going to the track is for proving whos got it and who doesnt....

Holy Pontifly, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are unharmed for the most part.

"Life's a rally, cut corners"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:07 pm 

Hey Greg,
thanks man! I quite agree, racing is best done on the tracks, heaven only knows some child playing in the park could have wondered on to the road, it is a park after all. At any rate, while the video is impressive, the swift did do a great job, everyone has to respect Tim's candor in the matter. He is a great guy, SO EVERYONE STOP BEATING UP ON HIM!! HAHAHA!! And GREG MAKE SURE YOU SHOW UP THIS TIME!!! It just was not the same without you, leaving Rob in charge to keep the group civil was a bad idea!! HAHAHA!! Jokes, Rob is a hoot, and I don't know where we would be without him! Oh and I am passing by tomorrow Rob, I will call you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:49 pm 

has the neon in the video i posted ever ran the quartermile? if so what was your time?

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:30 pm 
A legend in his own mind

I tried...

this thread is so jokes, I can't stop laughing everytime I read it.

it's like a gay guy arguing with his bisexual friend claiming that he's not as gay as him.

whatever.

LNLC Founding Member

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:36 am 
Main twit

TGstring wrote:
I tried...

this thread is so jokes, I can't stop laughing everytime I read it.

it's like a gay guy arguing with his bisexual friend claiming that he's not as gay as him.

whatever.

uve been part of this entire thing... so does this make you gay or bi? either way... ur not hanging around me anymore... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:56 am 

the closest thing my neon ever ran to a 1/4 mile was a 14.85, but wasnt at the track. it was a stretch of road behind my work measured off and using a stopwatch...so realisticly it would probably run 15 even or so. and besides my neon will never keep up with my swift anyway..thats what matters :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:14 pm 
A legend in his own mind

magicn3ss wrote:
the closest thing my neon ever ran to a 1/4 mile was a 14.85, but wasnt at the track. it was a stretch of road behind my work measured off and using a stopwatch...so realisticly it would probably run 15 even or so. and besides my neon will never keep up with my swift anyway..thats what matters :D

:rollin:

I absolutely love that...

I too would wholeheartedly agree that the "stopwatch" method would be accurate to within 0.15 of a second as well

....gasping for air....:rollin:

LNLC Founding Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:30 pm 
Main twit

magicn3ss wrote:

hmm. but 14.85? 15?... last time i was in school... 13 came before 14.. and much before 15.

if you knew ANYTHING about cars, ud realize that it takes alot more then a few hp more to make up even a TENTH in the 1/4 mile. so 15? to 13?... much more then 10hp... more like 100+

BTW, whats a 60 foot race? Something you just pulled out of your back pocket? ALSO, if you knew anything about racing cars... ud realize that 9.9/10 times, an NA car will beat a turbo car in 60 foot times.

Now what do you have to say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:46 pm 

tim why dont you relax. i dont understand what you're all geared up about anyway. ya an NA car will beat a boosted car in a 60 foot dash and thats exactly what happend. whats the big deal? take a deap breath and chill out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:47 pm 

extremerider wrote:
magicn3ss wrote:

hmm. but 14.85? 15?... last time i was in school... 13 came before 14.. and much before 15.

if you knew ANYTHING about cars, ud realize that it takes alot more then a few hp more to make up even a TENTH in the 1/4 mile. so 15? to 13?... much more then 10hp... more like 100+

BTW, whats a 60 foot race? Something you just pulled out of your back pocket? ALSO, if you knew anything about racing cars... ud realize that 9.9/10 times, an NA car will beat a turbo car in 60 foot times.

tim, calm yourself. that was a really offensive post. I mean, "if you knew anything about cars..." is such a general statement and also, to a car guy, hurtful. I mean, i had a mechanic at work say that to me and i was about ready to choke him out. lol. I can see where you are coming from tim, you put so much work into your car and time to have someones winter car classed with yours....but i dont think thats what paul means. He doesnt seem like that sort of guy to me...how about we lay this to rest or you two have a race. the only way this is gonna stop is with a race. its the sensible thing to do. not a street race, a track race. i know its too late, but next year or soemthing. i was hoping we had layed it to rest after seeing the video as everyone seemed to have a different idea of what happened that day. i guess that wasnt the case.

"Life's a rally, cut corners"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:54 pm 

if thats what it takes all save us the trouble. I forfit! tim wins. his 3 cyl. beat my neon. there. end of story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:58 pm 

extremerider wrote:
magicn3ss wrote:

and yes tim that is hurtful. i do know "something" about cars, i do work in a shop. and i rreeealllyyy dont care if my car is faster or not. its a winter beater. thats it. we'll all race like friends when my swift is back out in the spring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:17 pm 
Main twit

hands down... i shouldnt have said anything... usually i dont...

its sincerely a waste of my time and breath...

my car build is merely for myself... not for anyone else.

i have nothing to prove... end of discussion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:34 pm 
A legend in his own mind

magicn3ss wrote:
and yes tim that is hurtful. i do know "something" about cars, i do work in a shop. and i rreeealllyyy dont care if my car is faster or not. its a winter beater. thats it. we'll all race like friends when my swift is back out in the spring.

I know a little something about performing surgeries, I worked in a hospital.

anyways, I think there's only one way for this to end.

tim, you need to be taught a lesson, and I think the neon is the one to do it.

I will take the initiative to setup the race, and will coordinate the escrow.
If there's no cost, then there's no lesson.

no need to pick sides, but it stands to show that the underdog can come thru. With everyone pissing on the neon, what better opportunity to prove a point.

Magic...I think you're up ...I know you're up for it. Let's do it and get'r'done.

TGstring

LNLC Founding Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:03 pm 

um, nah its ok. i have nothing to prove. if the neon was my primary car, then i would. but if that was the case, i wouldnt be in a swift club. lol. its quite alright. and so what if my neon went from being a 17 sec car stock, to a 15, 14s? the mk1 went from 19sec to 14, 13? thats pride. besides, even IF i won, what good is it. I didnt build that neon, i bought it like that. theres no pride in winning someone elses project...Real rides, are built, not bought.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:30 pm 
A legend in his own mind

well then,
it's official.

this thread goes down in doogie howser books.

LNLC Founding Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:08 pm 

you just wanna see a race , dontcha tommy :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:16 pm 

and for the dude on here who said they never see neons smoke thats a lie cause even magics neon was smoking when he pinned it, and i saw with my own 4 eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:17 pm 

heh 4 eyes..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next