TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:14 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: gta meet, aug 24th
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:19 am 

hey guys, its been a while since we've had a meet for us GTA guys, we should have one ASAP, discuss dates. i suggest the 10th or the 17th? or whenever.

Greg

"Life's a rally, cut corners"

Last edited by RotaryGreg on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: gta meet SOON
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:06 am 

i'll be there if my car dosen't overheat

rotary greg where can we meet so i can follow you up and not get lost lol

Pierre

P.S. the 17 would be better for me, my b-day is the 11 so i would like to hang with my local friends then:)

to check out my ride go here :

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2227392

Post subject: Re: gta meet SOON
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:43 pm 

well happy early Bday pierre.

17th it is. ill change the topic name to that. if there isnt enough interest before then though we'll have to call it off. there has been a sevre lack of interest in the GTA it seems as of late.

when we are sure its on, then we'll discuss a spot pierre.

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:47 pm 

sounds good
i hope that we can get as many as possible to show
it would be the first meet i could make it too since i joined, so i want to put some faces to these names
:)

Pierre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:29 pm 

grand theft auto ?

2000 Firefly 1.3 SOHC 16VALVE AUTO. Goals: full restoration, achieve stock MPG and HP or higher, finished look should be 'stealthy' and unassuming. Engine will need to be rebuilt later on to restore compression levels.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:34 pm 
Make love, not moderators

i'd be interested in going but i don't think i'll be able to make it. I'll be heading back from South Hampton that day and I am not sure what time i'll be back; plus I highly doubt the g/f will want to pop in.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:39 pm 

1995Firefly4dr wrote:
grand theft auto ?

Greater Toronto Area. good try though. lol

greg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:42 am 

My car won't be in the greatest condition but should be drivable so I will be there in my little beast :twisted:

Greg just an idea but maybe we should do a BBQ or something? The way I see it there is really only about 5 of us that actually attend these meets :roll: (Almost makes me want to by a Honda!....... just kidding!) :lol: :lol:

About 2 weeks ago I spoke to the owner of Dixie Suzuki while he was over at the auction and he was interested in having a car club day at the dealership with some food and give aways, he also said something about VIP cards for service at the dealers that get you discounts on rental cars and a discount on repairs and so on, but I had to tell him that I wasn't interested! :shock: The way our club is 3 cars would show!

Anyways basically I think we should start thinking about changing the meets to somewhere that more people would want to attend maybe that's the issue? I don't know but I do know that we have had a couple of good meets in the past 2 years where approx. 12 cars showed but that has not been the norm since and maybe driving distance is the cause?

JB

1991 Accord Station Wagon - daily driver

"AT 9000 RPM YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:01 am 

TSIGuy wrote:
My car won't be in the greatest condition but should be drivable so I will be there in my little beast :twisted:

Greg just an idea but maybe we should do a BBQ or something? The way I see it there is really only about 5 of us that actually attend these meets :roll: (Almost makes me want to by a Honda!....... just kidding!) :lol: :lol:

About 2 weeks ago I spoke to the owner of Dixie Suzuki while he was over at the auction and he was interested in having a car club day at the dealership with some food and give aways, he also said something about VIP cards for service at the dealers that get you discounts on rental cars and a discount on repairs and so on, but I had to tell him that I wasn't interested! :shock: The way our club is 3 cars would show!

Anyways basically I think we should start thinking about changing the meets to somewhere that more people would want to attend maybe that's the issue? I don't know but I do know that we have had a couple of good meets in the past 2 years where approx. 12 cars showed but that has not been the norm since and maybe driving distance is the cause?

JB

im down for the BBQ idea for sure. as for the dealership meet, ive been to a few of those with the mitsubishi guys and i really didnt like it so much...it had a really commercial feel to it or something and people were more interested in the free food and giveaways rather than hanging out and talking about their common intrest. I think maybe if we had a cruise to somewhere interesting or fun, that could work. attendance is so speradic though, i mean youve got the normal guys that show up almost every time and then like 3 or 4 other people that say they will show, sometimes they do, often they dont. those meets with all the extra people were alot of fun for sure, one of them being the quebec guys coming here, the other one i remember was the one several years ago right in the winter in the middle of a really bad storm, i couldnt even venture a guess as to why that meet was such a success.

anyways, im game for a BBQ or a cruise or something. other clubs ive been in do stuff like go carting too. just a thought. I dont have any sort of BBQ i could bring with though, so if anyone thats definitly coming could provide that, then let me/us know and we can get the ball rolling. I would really like to have a really big summer meet...lets hope we can make that happen.

greg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:06 pm 

TSIGuy wrote:

JB

A BBQ would be a sweet idea... As for the 401 Dixie Suzuki I'll pass since I hate that place. But yeah I also wonder why it is that only a handleful of guys only show.

Moving the meets might not be a bad idea or even have a couple of places picked out and rotate from one place to another where we will meet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:39 am 

TheINCRide wrote:
TSIGuy wrote:

JB

A BBQ would be a sweet idea... As for the 401 Dixie Suzuki I'll pass since I hate that place. But yeah I also wonder why it is that only a handleful of guys only show.

Moving the meets might not be a bad idea or even have a couple of places picked out and rotate from one place to another where we will meet.

That dealership is a fu*cking joke! I completely and utterly hate that place. Wont mention why - it'll be a good story to tell at a meet.

I'm pretty sure I'll be down for the 17th. I've been really busy with moving, with work, and the likes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:27 pm 

me and rob probably wont be there, will be in parry sound trying to get the sammy finished.

the BBQ would be nice for a change, or change the meeting place to some were with food and a bit more traffic, people seeing us might spred the word around to people that dont know the site.

BTW oakville suzuki is great

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:49 am 

aright so we got a few of us going now any suggestions for where we can get this thing happening lol

Time? Location? what to bring?

i'm still not familiar with the area so i would need to follow you greg ... meet up in guelph and go from there

Pierre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:16 pm 

Maybe we should move the meet to another weekend since Pat, Rob and I'm guessing whipped cream(Steve) aren't going to be coming out this weekend and we still have not heard from Amir. As it stands that leaves 2 swift (as long as it dosen't rain and I can get the car done) and 1 Lancer.

geopat wrote:

Hey Pat, their owned by the same group of guys, but I have also found that dealer to be better to deal with.

What do you guys think regarding the date for the meet?

John

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:24 pm 

date sounds good
i'm in john
bbq where, and what am i to bring? :twisted:
me = fat guy
fat guy = loves food

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:44 pm 

TSIGuy wrote:
Maybe we should move the meet to another weekend since Pat, Rob and I'm guessing whipped cream(Steve) aren't going to be coming out this weekend and we still have not heard from Amir. As it stands that leaves 2 swift (as long as it dosen't rain and I can get the car done) and 1 Lancer.

geopat wrote:

Hey Pat, their owned by the same group of guys, but I have also found that dealer to be better to deal with.

What do you guys think regarding the date for the meet?

John

You sure about Oakville Suzuki? I could have sworn they were owned by the same people who are the Woodchester Group.

But anyway if you guys can move the date it'll be perfect for me since i'll be out of town this weekend. We might even be able to do a BBQ at my house aslong as everyone behaves.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:10 pm 

a new date would be nice

just give me a weeks notice and i'm there
so what say we get as much as we can set up for september or are we still thinking the month of august?
keep posting,
as for location i like the idea of someones back yard, it would feel more relaxed i think and as we get more meets going we can come up with bigger plans for our society.

so just my input but i like the BBQ idea and all so keep my informed

Pierre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:37 pm 

im really feeling the BBQ too. how about we move this back a weekend, 24th okay for everyone? basically, this is gonna be the first BBQ, so im hoping to have as many, if not all, the regulars there, plus a bunch of first timers would be splended.

and brendan, if you decide its cool to have a BBQ at your place, i promise not the reck up the place too bad. lol.

greg

Post subject: Re: gta meet 24th aug???
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:29 am 

shitty
i'm gone camping that weekend
and the weekend after

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:57 am 

crnolic wrote:
shitty
and the weekend after

Come on you can come by on the Sunday on your way home! :poke:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the 24th I will have a lot of stuff going on but I will make sure to get my little beast there!

I am going to start a thread to see if we can spark up some interest regarding moving the meet to another location. Hopefully we'll catch the attention of some people who usually don't attend.

JB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:37 am 

TSIGuy wrote:
crnolic wrote:
shitty
and the weekend after

Come on you can come by on the Sunday on your way home! :poke:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the 24th I will have a lot of stuff going on but I will make sure to get my little beast there!

I am going to start a thread to see if we can spark up some interest regarding moving the meet to another location. Hopefully we'll catch the attention of some people who usually don't attend.

JB

seems like the 24th might be worse than the 17th, should we move this back to the 31st? how does the 31st jive for everyone?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:29 pm 

I should be back from camping that weekend, but I'm in the process of moving, and have yet to bring any of my stuff over to my new place. :roll:

The stuff has got to be moved before school starts again. But I'll try and make it for the 31st.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:58 pm 

Greg I think the 24th is a good day plus the weather is supposed to be good..... well that's what they say now :roll: :lol: :lol:

I'm just posting for a location change, if we get some responses from farther out your way Greg then maybe we can have one closer to you...... or it may be the other way. I'll start a thread and see if anyone's interested. I know their are a couple of guys that are from Orangeville and out that way not that I want to go that far but maybe meeting a little further north of the city may help?

I'll post and see what come's of it. If nothing then we'll keep it as it is.

John

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:25 pm 

I don't have a Swift anymore but I could bring the Typhoon out if anyone wants to see it. Any Sunday this month is good for me.

Troy

Post subject: Re: gta meet, aug 24th
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:30 pm 

troy, definity come out. i dont rock a swift anymore either and i go to as many meets as anyone. I would love to see the typhoon, never seen one in person very cool truck.

as for location change, i cant think of anything close that would be apropriate(spl?) or suitable for a meet, much less a BBQ...anyone have any ideas? if we are doing this on the 24th we need to get a location down solid so we can organize who's bringing what.

Greg