TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:24 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:49 pm 

I will be making the trip in my Swift GT. Sounds like fun. If anyone has a black drivers side fender geo or swift bring it!

ix

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:07 am 
Suzuki Elder

speaking of bringing parts - let me know in a pm what you might want.

i have a minty mk2 turbo3 mid-wing that would be hard to ship, a veilside rear upper wing, a black right side gt front fender, polished stainless steel brake lines (the ones that run under the car from front to back) with a larger diameter fuel line for turbo and nos equipped gt engines, and lots of other stuff that would be hard or expensive to ship due to size or length.

right now, wagon intends on rolling up in his big diesel truck so bigger parts would be fairly easy to transport to the event.

i won't be able to have the new mega squirted turbo3 project done by geopalooza but i'll drive ol' blue up as it is, liz will bring her atomic fireball. we're all psyched for the event.

see you there! :D

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:15 pm 

Hey Guys, Richard here. Boy, Did I have a Lot of Fun at the GeoPalooza West in Reno NV. I wish Johnny could've made it as I would've love to have met up with him. I still want to meet ya, Johnny. I also wanna hook up with T3Ragtop as He has my Dream Car and Dream Engine. I understand that his name is Richard too and also a Die Hard Geo Metro Enthusiast like me. I want to Turbo My Geo Metro So Bad Because I live in a Geo Metro Unfriendly Area and State. I'm now unemployed and I just left Classic Transport in Elkhart IN. I'm gonna try to get back in the Transporter Business and get back out there as I Definitely Plan to attend This GeoPalooza in Ashtabula County OH. Missed the Last year's GeoPalooza because I Lost the job. Me getting out there would mean at least $500.00 or $600.00 or so (I'm Broke Right Now) and 2500 miles out from the Heil Hitler Communist State. If I can get another Job and get some money saved and get my '90 4Dr. Road Ready again, then Count me in for this GeoPalooza. By the way T3ragtop, if you could PM me back and tell me how you Turboed your "Ole Blue Vert" including how much Money you've spent and how much Horsepower and Torque your Geo Metro Has, I'd love to hear from you, man! Rich, You Rock!! Richard, "90 Metro.
P.S. I'd Love to have your setup in my '90 4Dr. Just think how much Pickup and SUV ass I'll be Kicking out here in this crappy hellhole San Fernando Valley!!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:01 pm 
Paul Jr.

Hmm, maybe one day... 4,143 km (2574 miles), 1 day 17 hours travel time... I would love to see a small army of us assemble lol. I dont know if I could count on my car even making it 4,000 km lol, gotta do an oil change each way hahaha.

One day, maybe father and son will do a trip!

Have fun guys, good to see lots of enthusiasm around it.

~Jr

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:43 pm 

Hey, Knuckles. I'm with ya man on that Army of Geo Metros Hoofin' it to Ashtabula OH. I gotta work on my Finances before I can even THINK of concidering myself ready for this upcoming GeoPalooza. I'd meet up wit'cha at Blaine WA/Peace River Bridge and we'd Terrorize everybody on I-90 and I-80 on the way over there. What d'ya say? LOL, you'd probably Leave me in your Dust and Wake with that Turboed T3 of yours, heh-heh! I can see it now, you'd be sayin' "Hey Rich! What's Takin' ya so long?" Boy, I sure wish I had that Turbo in Mine!!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:03 pm 
Paul Jr.

Richard Kaltenbach wrote:
Hey, Knuckles. I'm with ya man on that Army of Geo Metros Hoofin' it to Ashtabula OH. I gotta work on my Finances before I can even THINK of concidering myself ready for this upcoming GeoPalooza. I'd meet up wit'cha at Blaine WA/Peace River Bridge and we'd Terrorize everybody on I-90 and I-80 on the way over there. What d'ya say? LOL, you'd probably Leave me in your Dust and Wake with that Turboed T3 of yours, heh-heh! I can see it now, you'd be sayin' "Hey Rich! What's Takin' ya so long?" Boy, I sure wish I had that Turbo in Mine!!

Haha, I'd be totally down for that, gotta sort out my finances too though. :P And no T3 here, I'm all for the GTi's, we have the biggest collection in BC I think, my dad is addicted lol.

I hope I can maybe one day throw a Garrett Turbo in my GT eventually :P, but thats a long line down the road.

Maybe next year! I hope :P

~Jr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:34 pm 

I updated the original post with this info..........

GeoPalooza 2010 T-Shirts are available also............

You may want to see THIS THREAD for more info on how to get them!

• Build Video
  • 1991 4 Door Truck Conversion
  • Modified Suzuki 1.0L Engine
  • High Stall 3200 RPM Converter
  • Auto Trans with Welded Differential
  • Custom Exhaust and Intake System
  • 6" Suspension Lift & Weight Reduction
  • 27" Kenda Executioner 6 Ply ATV tires

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:26 pm 

There ya go, Knuckles, that's the spirit, yeah. You got a GTi, hell yeah! Being a former GTi owner myself I know how fun and how Fast they are. My '89 GTi Auto/No AC got Repoed in Aug. '90; that was before my current '90 4Dr. I am looking forward to this GeoPalooza but sadly No Job yet. I still need to get another Transporter Job in the Elkhart IN area and save my money. Also, that T-Shirt is Off The Hook! How Cool is That? I want one, Johnny! Anyways, I'll keep y'all posted as to whether or not I'll be able to attend. Thanks. Richard, "90 Metro.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:39 pm 
Suzuki Elder

lizzie, fiona, and i will be on lot #286. if wagon ever surfaces again, he might be with us.

see you there. :D

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:31 pm 

A Bit of Bad News, guys. It doesn't look like I'm gonna make it to Ashtabula Ohio for the GeoPalooza East. I still have No Job and No Money. I am still trying these Transporter Companies in Indiana and None are Hiring right now. Also, the fact that I am Still Flat Broke and Penniless means I will miss the 3rd GeoPalooza East. (The Reason I missed Last Year's get together was because of my Boss Firing me at the wrong time.) Guess I won't be able to meet T3Ragtop, Superf1y, or Johnny Mullet. Have Fun at the GeoPalooza East guys. Let me know how it turned out.
What Happens in Communist California STAYS in Communist California! I'm Living Proof. Currently Serving a 3 Term Life Sentence Imprisoned in Said State per CHP. My Crime: Choosing to Drive a 3 Cylinder Geo Metro.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:39 pm 

I just talked to the campground manager and I wanted to say that all the electric sites around the pavilion are gone and 80% of the electric sites shaded in blue are gone. There are a few primitive sites left and the manager stated they have 20 overflow sites if needed.

There are at least 50 cars coming to GeoPalooza 2010, so if you want to be a part of this huge event, make your camping or Hotel reservations now! There are still a few rooms left at the Green Acres Motel posted on the first post and many Metro/Swift owners are staying there also.

I hope the Drive-In theater can fit us all in :D

• Build Video

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:53 pm 

me and peavs are confirmed.
my work schedule lines up perfectly giving me that weekend off, including Friday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:27 am 

i marked this on my calendar today. hopefully i can make it out with my 94 gt i just bought.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:41 am 

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=141277585883790

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:47 pm 

I'm bringing parts to swap/sell at palooza save on shipping, pick up at the meet :D

I have a 5 speed starter ($45), and a couple extra MAP sensors ($10) and other random bits I'll bring.

pair of '91 'vert window regulators (will probably fit 2dr hatchbacks as well 89-94). ($30 each or $50/pair)

TPS (throttle position sensor) and IAC (idle air control valve) off a 89-91 type metro (should fit any 89-94, may fit later model 3 cyl) $25 each

PM me with interest in anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:37 am 

Ive been trying to call green acres to make a reservation but its busy. I decided to come out on fri nite, hang with the party for part of saturday, then heading to pittsburg for sat nite. Any one see the posting about bedbugs? GeeZ!

Ok, I finally got thru, they were having a phone problem. I am reserved for the Friday the 23rd so lookin forward to seeing everyone and their rides on the 24th!

http://www.oh-motels-review.com/?n=gree ... 11&t=hotel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:28 pm 

Bed bugs? LOL!

• Build Video

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:10 pm 

I'll just take some bug spray along and debug the room when I check in lol If everyone else is staying there then I am too. I did also want to mention that I will have a complete set of metric tools along in case anyone needs to do some minor maint....also going to bring my handheld OBDII device for those pesky check engine lites that seem to come on at the worst times.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:29 pm 

i dont think ill be going anymore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:18 pm 

Safe travels everyone! Please be careful and take your time :D

• Build Video

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:16 am 
Suzuki Elder

i'm off work today to prepare for geopalooza. we're heading out around noon on friday and will arrive around 4 or 5 pm to set up camp.

wagon is driving his big diesel truck and lizzie has been talking about riding with him. i'll be rolling ol' blue.

see y'all there! :D

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:27 am 

t3 ragtop wrote:
i'm off work today to prepare for geopalooza. we're heading out around noon on friday and will arrive around 4 or 5 pm to set up camp.

wagon is driving his big diesel truck and lizzie has been talking about riding with him. i'll be rolling ol' blue.

see y'all there! :D

see ya there, we're leaving around noon as well from Hamilton, should be there around the same time as you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:46 am 
Suzuki Elder

we're loading up and pulling out for geopalooza 2010.

see y'all there!

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:17 pm 

I made it to the green acres hotel. If anyone is interested I have a brand new set off 4 struts with me to sell, 3 new exhaust valves for a 1.0, 6 valve seals and an idle speed control for a 3 cylinder (95-97).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:20 pm 

This place is still rockin :buzz:

Here are a few teaser shots of the 30 cars that showed up for the event...........

Here is a cool shot of some teamwork getting Christine fixed so she can attend and become car #29...........

Plenty more to come.

• Build Video