TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What Day To Rally
Poll ended at Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:40 pm
Saturday 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
Sunday 38%  38%  [ 8 ]
First Week of July 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Second Week of July 29%  29%  [ 6 ]
Third Week of July 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Any Other Date's 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 21
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:44 am
Posts: 436
Location: castlerock Wa,
He lives LOL. July 10th is the date. in the same place unless we have more cars then we will go to the parkin lot acrossed the lot. Hope you and your dad can make it. it wouldnt be the same without ya. :wink:

_________________
If you ain't First your last - Ricky Bobby

1990 swift GL Twincam swap
Hyundai trans swap- in progress


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:57 am
Posts: 169
Location: garfield,wa
so who's gonna buy the steaks for lunch lol. are we going to have a place to do a lil racing maybe ??????

_________________
jd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:10 pm
Posts: 880
Location: Vancouver, WA
Maybe. Theres an mr2 run around mt baker that day. My swift is my daily beater so maybe ill just show up in something else

_________________
98 swift 1.6 16v swap
03 cobra bolt ons
97 3000gt vr4 e85, high comp, bolt ons
too many others to list


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:47 pm
Posts: 640
Location: Olympia, WA
Anyone planning to bring parts with them to the meet?
I'm looking for the switch/relay(s)/wiring/foglights for the front Swift bumper I bought from Knuckles last year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:44 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: Richland, WA
G-Whiz wrote:
Anyone planning to bring parts with them to the meet?
I'm looking for the switch/relay(s)/wiring/foglights for the front Swift bumper I bought from Knuckles last year.

I have switch/fogs :lol: no wiring :(

_________________
clinty wrote:
Us swift people are a rare breed.

pacapo wrote:
You get an old one, clean it up, put it back to specs and take care of it, and she'll last for years.

JVS wrote:
We (the Suzuki enthusiast) are Dinosaurs.

An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: Red "My PocketRocket"
1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: White (Being resurrected)
1996 Geo Metro (Stocker)
1999 Suzuki 1.6 Esteem (Baleno) Wagon (Sleeper creeper)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:47 pm
Posts: 640
Location: Olympia, WA
swifterthanu wrote:
G-Whiz wrote:
Anyone planning to bring parts with them to the meet?
I'm looking for the switch/relay(s)/wiring/foglights for the front Swift bumper I bought from Knuckles last year.

I have switch/fogs :lol: no wiring :(

Excellent! :)
How much do I need to bring with me?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 4:41 am
Posts: 20
Location: Bellingham
yeah if anyone has the complete wiring for a 1985 chevy sprint need it really really bad mine caught on fire

_________________
When you hit the ground you better Sprint


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:44 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: Richland, WA
A cool mill in unmarked uncirculated bills, one hot blonde and her sister, then we'll talk.

_________________
clinty wrote:
Us swift people are a rare breed.

pacapo wrote:
You get an old one, clean it up, put it back to specs and take care of it, and she'll last for years.

JVS wrote:
We (the Suzuki enthusiast) are Dinosaurs.

An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: Red "My PocketRocket"
1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: White (Being resurrected)
1996 Geo Metro (Stocker)
1999 Suzuki 1.6 Esteem (Baleno) Wagon (Sleeper creeper)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:44 am
Posts: 436
Location: castlerock Wa,
swifterthanu wrote:
A cool mill in unmarked uncirculated bills, one hot blonde and her sister, then we'll talk.

Sounds fair :D

My swap it done, now i wont be the only 8v guy there. I also got a few cool hand made custom stuff to show off.

_________________
If you ain't First your last - Ricky Bobby

1990 swift GL Twincam swap
Hyundai trans swap- in progress


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:47 pm
Posts: 640
Location: Olympia, WA
swifterthanu wrote:
A cool mill in unmarked uncirculated bills, one hot blonde and her sister, then we'll talk.

:) Watch out for the sister... those redheads are crazy wild! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:44 am
Posts: 436
Location: castlerock Wa,
16 Days


I cant wait. :twisted:

_________________
If you ain't First your last - Ricky Bobby

1990 swift GL Twincam swap
Hyundai trans swap- in progress


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:47 pm
Posts: 640
Location: Olympia, WA
If it threatens to rain, it's a no-brainer, but if we have good weather like we did last year, then I'm torn...
Do I bring Dust Bucket or Copper Top with it's A/C system that I installed last year...?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:44 am
Posts: 436
Location: castlerock Wa,
G-Whiz wrote:
If it threatens to rain, it's a no-brainer, but if we have good weather like we did last year, then I'm torn...
Do I bring Dust Bucket or Copper Top with it's A/C system that I installed last year...?


Ac for sure.

_________________
If you ain't First your last - Ricky Bobby

1990 swift GL Twincam swap
Hyundai trans swap- in progress


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:57 am
Posts: 169
Location: garfield,wa
so what bout those red heads?

_________________
jd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:02 am 
Offline
Island Inbreeder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:56 pm
Posts: 6347
Location: Emerald city Washington
justino wrote:
yeah if anyone has the complete wiring for a 1985 chevy sprint need it really really bad mine caught on fire


Welcome to Teamswift
I think if you were serious about this Item .You would post an add in the (Parts Wanted) section
I just might know were there is a couple of "Complete" 1985 Chevrolet Sprint wiring harnesses around
.
.
.Sorry ........EngineWhisperer............ Didn't mean to jack your thread
.
.............jv&s
.
.
.
Image

_________________
.

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 4:41 am
Posts: 20
Location: Bellingham
I really was serious About it but I am selling some parts at there just wanted it to be easyer to pick it up but when i do go I'll have money so was wondering if anyone could bring it up/down with them

_________________
When you hit the ground you better Sprint


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:44 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: Richland, WA
Ok, so I'll be bringing some parts too. Any special requests?

_________________
clinty wrote:
Us swift people are a rare breed.

pacapo wrote:
You get an old one, clean it up, put it back to specs and take care of it, and she'll last for years.

JVS wrote:
We (the Suzuki enthusiast) are Dinosaurs.

An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: Red "My PocketRocket"
1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: White (Being resurrected)
1996 Geo Metro (Stocker)
1999 Suzuki 1.6 Esteem (Baleno) Wagon (Sleeper creeper)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:44 am
Posts: 436
Location: castlerock Wa,
come on guys this thread isn't for selling or buying stuff. :roll: hay anyone have a front motor mount for a twincam? hahaha

I got a few parts as well not much for gt's but if someone want's a header for a 8v and a custom intake i got them. this works out good i get payed 3 days before the rally so i might just blow the paycheck on my car lol

_________________
If you ain't First your last - Ricky Bobby

1990 swift GL Twincam swap
Hyundai trans swap- in progress


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:44 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: Richland, WA
I've got the mounts!

_________________
clinty wrote:
Us swift people are a rare breed.

pacapo wrote:
You get an old one, clean it up, put it back to specs and take care of it, and she'll last for years.

JVS wrote:
We (the Suzuki enthusiast) are Dinosaurs.

An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: Red "My PocketRocket"
1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: White (Being resurrected)
1996 Geo Metro (Stocker)
1999 Suzuki 1.6 Esteem (Baleno) Wagon (Sleeper creeper)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:47 pm
Posts: 640
Location: Olympia, WA
Dang... got another request. Just noticed one of the pegs on the passenger side -inside- door handle has broken off on my '93 Copper Top. Anyone got some spares they can bring with them? I'll take two or three if I can get 'em.

In other news, I'm hoping to have the kid (CellDamage) drive Copper Top there so TJ & I can bring Dust Bucket and his bling-mobile.

There's a method to the madness for bringing both rigs up. Michael owes me a pair of stereo system installs and this may be the time to buy the right radios, amp(s) and speakers. Last year, someone told me that there's a (Sony?) "scratch and dent packaging" car audio shop somewhere in the casino complex. They said that Washington state law doesn't allow retailers to sell merchandise that has damaged packaging, and that's where this shop comes in! :)


justin_hackett2003 wrote:
so what bout those red heads?

Not telling! :mrgreen:
As thry say in the commercial, "Go get yer own!" :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:44 am
Posts: 436
Location: castlerock Wa,
swifterthanu wrote:
I've got the mounts!


Sweet, Swap meet car show. whats better than that?

_________________
If you ain't First your last - Ricky Bobby

1990 swift GL Twincam swap
Hyundai trans swap- in progress


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:57 am
Posts: 169
Location: garfield,wa
G-Whiz wrote:
Dang... got another request. Just noticed one of the pegs on the passenger side -inside- door handle has broken off on my '93 Copper Top. Anyone got some spares they can bring with them? I'll take two or three if I can get 'em.

In other news, I'm hoping to have the kid (CellDamage) drive Copper Top there so TJ & I can bring Dust Bucket and his bling-mobile.

There's a method to the madness for bringing both rigs up. Michael owes me a pair of stereo system installs and this may be the time to buy the right radios, amp(s) and speakers. Last year, someone told me that there's a (Sony?) "scratch and dent packaging" car audio shop somewhere in the casino complex. They said that Washington state law doesn't allow retailers to sell merchandise that has damaged packaging, and that's where this shop comes in! :)


justin_hackett2003 wrote:
so what bout those red heads?

Not telling! :mrgreen:
As thry say in the commercial, "Go get yer own!" :twisted:


just my luck

_________________
jd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:23 pm 
Offline
The Smuggler
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:34 am
Posts: 2885
Location: Surrey, BC CANADA
Well it's been a while since my last post, me and Jr are planning on being there. Not sure which red car I will be drivin. Have to airfare the 89 then see.

_________________
"I love the whine of a turbo in the mornin" 1991 Sprint Turbo
"I also love the 7500 rpm scream of a DOHC" :razz: 2X 1989 Swift GTi's a 92 and Jr's new 93 GT

Keep your eye on the boost guage!
And I love this one!
"Dale Jarrett's crew chief" "Drive it like ya STOLE IT!"
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:13 pm 
Offline
The Smuggler
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:34 am
Posts: 2885
Location: Surrey, BC CANADA
Oops double post

_________________
"I love the whine of a turbo in the mornin" 1991 Sprint Turbo
"I also love the 7500 rpm scream of a DOHC" :razz: 2X 1989 Swift GTi's a 92 and Jr's new 93 GT

Keep your eye on the boost guage!
And I love this one!
"Dale Jarrett's crew chief" "Drive it like ya STOLE IT!"
Image


Last edited by Knuckles on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 4:41 am
Posts: 20
Location: Bellingham
DukeNukem wrote:
Hey Justino I'll straight swap you a wiring harness for that cylinder head.

you got a deal need my dash lights to work again

_________________
When you hit the ground you better Sprint


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group