TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:34 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:22 am 

Murr installed a rollcage ,Big thottle body and some work to the MAF to my ssgt in the late summer.
The cage is fantasic, body roll was greatly reduced do to the design and welding areas right to the body. It looks killer I get so many people checking it out giving me the thumbs up, racers and professional welders and fabricators are very impressed with the cage. He made so there was a bar running behind the dash and along the sides he notched the dash round the side bars which worked out to prefection. He also welded a metal plate to the cage to the body running by the side of the windsheild. The plate has holes in it which gives it a nice look. I'm very impressed with the final result.
When I first drove my car after the big T/B and MAF on I was shocked. It became bogier under the 3000rpm range but once its past that it pulls hard. Before the mods I could get up to 60Kph in first it didn't change that but it gets there quicker now. But the big change I felt is in second, before about 90Kph now over 105Kph in second and it gets there fast. All I know is I haven't lost to any civc's since in a drag.
Thanks Murr
Trev

Post subject: Caged racer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:34 am 
Teamswift Racer

Thanks Trevor, lets hope you will be able to make it out to the race track this up coming year.

Trevors cage is a little over built, mostly for driver safety and to allow for a very rigid chassis.
I have uploaded some finish pics, and quite a few pics of the build here
http://groups.msn.com/holyshift/suzukison92.msnw?Page=1

His induction makes the nicest of noises. Very deep and low "ROAR" it sounds more like a car with race cams or a honduh when Vtec kicks in.