TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:14 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:16 pm 

While I may not be the biggest fan in the world of keeping my own car clean, when it does come time to clean it, I require the best products. And so far, the best products seem to be anything from Mothers. While I have nothing against Meguiars, it always seems they are more expensive, and don't work as well :dunno: ATM, I am recommending Mothers "preserves". It is meant to restore the glossiness to any type of plastic. Now while some will compare it to ArmorAll, there is a great benefit over ArmorAll: It does not make the plastic "slick" and in the end destroy the plastic by taking the oils out of the plastic to make it "shiny" and "glossy". It is an enhancer that penetrates and leaves a nice, smooth surface without being slick. I give it two thumbs up.

As for other Mothers products, I'll continue to add them as I go along. Another product I highly recommend is Mothers Oxidization Remover. If you have seen the pictures of my old 90' Sprint Turbo (in my personal gallery), you know how it got so shiny in the pictures? By simply using the oxidizer remover, not a drop of wax. Of course, you would want to add wax to protect the clear coat, but when I have tested those products you will find the results here.

You have a girlfriend? :shock:

HiTemp Inc. ....... taking over the world one Sprint Turbo and Swift GTi at a time.

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Last edited by HiTempguy on Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:37 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

i'll second that, i believe it was ssgt92 who turned me on to mothers preserves, works great and doesn't kill your plastic like armor-all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:01 pm 

What I don't like about it is the smell. For awhile after application, it'll make your car smell like it's got an air freshener inside. I wish they offered a scent-free version of Preserves. Otherwise, it's good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:39 pm 

I think it has a "new car" smell to it. It definitly beats out smelling take out food for a while :lol: I find it pleasing, at least its not some nauseating perfumy sh1t type smell.

HiTemp Inc. ....... taking over the world one Sprint Turbo and Swift GTi at a time.

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:44 pm 

I recently gave my car the full meal deal three step oxidization remover, polish, and wax from mothers, and does it look nice! Pictures should be up tomorrow. I highly recommend this stuff to anybody, and having a power polisher will make things much easier. Doing it by hand is still possible and easy, but takes alot longer (obviously).

Chassis Flex Motorsports