TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AASCO aluminium flywheel
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:36 pm 

I finally finished getting this in last weekend, and have really been enjoying my transformed Suzi. It's amazing how easily she revs now, both on & off load. The pedal feels like the speed control for an electric rotary tool; just ease into it and the engine follows without a delay. I can break the tires loose more easily now, even in 2nd.

I didn't notice any loss of drivability either. Maybe it's because I'm stilll in the break-in period for my new clutch, and I'm going easy, or maybe because I got used to the G13B's small displacemnent years ago. Either way, I haven't stalled or had any issues with idling or anything else like that.

Machining quality is as good as anyhting I've seen. I wonder if they just keep a CNC progam tape for the piece and crank them out as people order them?

One installation note; the ID of the crank mounting boss was machined under by about .003" so that you could't really test fit it. I had to slowly tighten down the bolts, crushing the aluminum into an interference fit onto the crank. Once it was in, it looked to be spinning true - I just used my eyeball as runout meter, with the lower flywheel cover removed and the engine running.

All around a great performance mod, or at least certainly a great feeling mod. I'll post back after I get to try it out on the autocross course.

-J

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:38 pm 
A legend in his own mind

I'll be editing this post with a follow up product review once my flywheel is made.

Apparently they make them as they're ordered...or so the guy told me as I'd have to wait for a week before AASCO can come up with one.

I look forward to getting it installed as I have heard nothing but good things about it- especially for the G13B

Stay tuned,
Tommy

LNLC Founding Member

Certified to advise if this thread is GAY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:12 pm 

does this flywheel work for the 1.0 turbo? how much?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:32 pm 

I have heard that it makes the revs drop too quickly between shifts? is this true? Does matching revs become more difficult? If im having an off day, i find mathcing revs with my bone stock hollowcam difficult because it winds up and down so quickly.

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:12 am 
Bargain basement

TGstring wrote:
I'll be editing this post with a follow up product review once my flywheel is made.

Apparently they make them as they're ordered...or so the guy told me as I'd have to wait for a week before AASCO can come up with one.

I look forward to getting it installed as I have heard nothing but good things about it- especially for the G13B

Stay tuned,
Tommy

is yours in yet tommy?

Post subject: mmm
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:13 am 
Bargain basement

RotaryGreg wrote:
I have heard that it makes the revs drop too quickly between shifts? is this true? Does matching revs become more difficult? If im having an off day, i find mathcing revs with my bone stock hollowcam difficult because it winds up and down so quickly.

i dont have the aluminium flywheel and my engine isnt in good condition now but with my lightened stock flywheel about 1.8kg lighter i think it is it revs up a lot faster and yes revs down faster too. And i do find that rev matching is a must or there is jerky driving or little chirpies of the tyres, but then again i do have a button race clutch aswell now so that wouldnt help either...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:05 am 
banned

I can't imagine my car revving any faster than it did when I was driving it before i tore it apart for repairs...